Is the HSC really that important? (1 Viewer)

Baggygreen408

HSC
I don't really care about HSC.

I don't need crazy UAI like others do. Whatever I get is whatever I really get even though there is certain UAI that I would be happy with.

I just want to have the best time of schoolling year this year...(forgetting about academic aspect of it) :)
well said. it's important to remember that hsc is not the be all and end all- enjoy the last year of schoolign with your mates as well

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I disagree. I've been mucking around and playing for the past 15 years of my life (yes I'm still 16 ==;;). I think it's time I buckled down and took a break from my social life to start studying.
My opinion.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Its only important if you have parents that are azn and just goes to show that your not a dropkick if u do end up with a g8 mark

but really, as long as you get into the course you want, that's all it matters

Last edited:

too much fun

HSC
you are ALL fucked. truely.
hscs turning out to be quite fun to be honest, its like, the best year of my school life.
so enjoy it i reckon, try your best, you get what you get. no point fretting, or procrastinating, or stressing.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

I don't need crazy UAI like others do. Whatever I get is whatever I really get even though there is certain UAI that I would be happy with.

I just want to have the best time of schoolling year this year...(forgetting about academic aspect of it) :)
hmm.. i like ur idea.. good luck with that "certain" uai, hopefully i'll join you in 2010 :D

random-1005

Banned
HSC

this guy here is a fucking faggot

HSC
all i know is that u just try ur best and you'll get something out of it if u fail to go to uni theres other ways to get in so dw bout it

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
Teachers talk non-stop about how important the HSC is but other people have told me that there are other ways to get into uni if you don't get a good UAI. What also really sucks is that your UAI doesn't last forever if you want to have a gap year like I do...
hsc is important for one reason... the higher it is the better chance u have in getting into ur uni course...

if its not high enough to get in worst case senario is to do a tafe course/another uni course for a year and transfer over.

in conclusion u lose around a year of ur life + MONEY in order to get into what u really want... just work ur ass off for the hsc... all u have to do is memorise crap... so get busy gezze

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
hsc is important for one reason... the higher it is the better chance u have in getting into ur uni course...

if its not high enough to get in worst case senario is to do a tafe course/another uni course for a year and transfer over.

in conclusion u lose around a year of ur life + MONEY in order to get into what u really want... just work ur ass off for the hsc... all u have to do is memorise crap... so get busy gezze
That is exactly what the HSC is for :) Well said. Doing well and qualifying for a university course straight away will save you one year's worth of time and money. That's it.

It's up to you what you choose. Personally, I want in straight away (I horde my money... >_> It's mine!)

Anywho, I should stop this procrastination and begin my afternoon intake of homework and revision.

spence

HSC
if you dont get good uai there is no point to even doing school
If you haven't learned how to properly construct a sentence by year 12 there's probably little point of going to school.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
hsc doesnt mean shit, but generally u need a 90+ to do reasonalby well in life

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I disagree. I've been mucking around and playing for the past 15 years of my life (yes I'm still 16 ==;;). I think it's time I buckled down and took a break from my social life to start studying.
My opinion.
+1 (even the 16 year old part)

You only have to sacrifice 12 months of your life - and you'll be set for the next 40-50 years of your life. Remember, you don't really work, if you enjoy what you do. What you do now will determine if you'll be able to do what you want.

Also with the gap-year/TAFE bullshit, why bother aiming to do it through TAFE, when you still have a chance to do it immediately.

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
If you haven't learned how to properly construct a sentence by year 12 there's probably little point of going to school.
Whats wrong with you??
why would you say such a thing...based on his english?

RuffWoof

HSC
+1 (even the 16 year old part)

You only have to sacrifice 12 months of your life - and you'll be set for the next 40-50 years of your life. Remember, you don't really work, if you enjoy what you do. What you do now will determine if you'll be able to do what you want.

Also with the gap-year/TAFE bullshit, why bother aiming to do it through TAFE, when you still have a chance to do it immediately.
no. pwning HSC increases the security of being set (until 30s to 40s), not guaranteeing it being set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)