Is The NSW HSC Too Easy? (2 Viewers)

Do You Think The New South Wales Higher School Certificate System Is Too Easy?

• Yes

Votes: 44 19.8%
  • No

Votes: 178 80.2%

• Total voters

ramanij

i dun fink the hsc is easy at all. instead i believe the markers were lenient and the standards they used to align our raw marks to hsc marks does not reflect someones real ability in the subject

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i don't know if the content is too easy but it is a lot of stress and work and i think that needs to be taken into account before making it harder

*rinney*

HSC
It's easy if you make it easy :)

If you know your stuff ie the syllabus, plan your time, start assessments etc early, be prepared for exams and turn up to class you can easily breeze through the HSC :rolleyes:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i dont think its too easy at all. the content isnt that hard but there is a lot of it. its a stressful time also. there is alot of work to cover. if they want it harder they shud just mark it harder. it also seems easier than it is when you get a goo uai with no work, but perhaps that might be because its a rank and you might be a smart person who has done no work opposed to a not so smart person.

i personally found it very stressful and i dont think there is a need to make it harder. except i think that in english (which is where alot of the news has focussed on) they should be much harder at marking grammar and spelling. you should be able to spell properly in yr12 i reckon.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
I think its that alot of people don't realise that a mark of 51 in English, is not going to get you a UAI of 51! Eg. "The Debate" in today's Telegraph (yes, i know, the telegraph, but bear with me). Brendan Nelson - Fed. Education Minister. "Many employers are sick of hiring university graduates who are struggling with basic grammer and spelling."

From that, I sort of guess that he doesn't understand the principle of the UAI being a rank, not a mark. Someone has "basic grammer and spelling" and just passes standard English is unlikely to go to university because English must be included in the calculation of your UAI and unless they got amazing marks in their other subjects... won't be at uni. I dunno, I think its just a stupid idea ... this isn't easy.
i got 76 in Standard English, but got into uni woth a UAI of 82.90

B

badhairday

if the H.S.C. were easy we wouldnt be stressed out and overwhelmed. apparently this is not the case.

Danoz The Great

HSC
The HSC (and VCE) is apparently a lot harder than other states and territories comparisons of year/s 11 and 12.

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
bahhh - the hsc is toooooo ez! Unless you are disadvantage or have a learning problem (no offence). If you study and work hard, there is no question that ANYONE could get 90+

Honestly. Class of 05. Work everyday - Make notes - Study hard - actually READ the text and there is no question u could get 90+...EZ!?

Thats my 2cents..

ishq

brown?
HSC
Its easier when compared to other countries though....

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
I haven't done my HSC yet but i don't think it's easier at all. There's a lot to learn and it's all crammed into a couple of hours on an exam paper..........I'm probably wrong though. But i like Canada's way where there isn't jsut a huge exam in your last year. It's really good there, sometimes i wish our school system was like that. From what my Canadian friend told me they're school system sounds really good. I hope the government don't decide it's too easy and change it because that will make it harder for those people that won't get very well

the new guy

HSC
if anyone tells you the hsc is easy kinck them in the shins lol. Did you know that the highest factor that contributes to youth depression and suicide is the hsc.....HA!...explain that all u ppl that sed its easy. No seriously i reckon the whole idea of one or two big tests at the end of the year is a stupid idea. you might be a genius and just not be able to handle the presseure and choke...how is that sposed to be fair. The next Einstein might not get into uni coz he had a cold that day. What do ppl think about that???

ishq

brown?
HSC
Some school systems have the one exam count for the entire 100%.
What do you think about that?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yeah..but Australia's HSC is comparably easier than most other countries.. I mean ..back in Japan, we used to learn stuff and have exams when we were in year 3 or 4. Same as in Hong Kong and stuff. In US, people learn Calculus, and further trig when they're only in Year 8!!

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I think the secondary syllabus in the US tends to be a few steps behind ours.

Danoz The Great

HSC
If you go to Uni (or "College" as they call it there) again, the first 2-3 years is apparently a repeat of the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)