Is there a limit on how big your muscles grow? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm ajay, a retard.
oh rite.

For the record:

- DOMS is microtrauma and lactic acid in your muscle. Congratulations.

- Your opinion on dumbbells is false. For many exercises such as the squat and deadlift a barbell will allow you to use more weight and thus place a greater load on your body, and also some barbell movements just can’t be performed without a barbell - for example, the squat.

- Your comment on supersets is not only retarded in that you’re advising them in the first place, but that in fact you are actually wrong in what a superset is as a 'superset' requires you work opposing muscles. Working the same muscle for the same exercise in ‘supersets’ is just a wanky way of saying cardio.

Last edited:

dellbby

HSC
YouTube - Gregg Valentino - The man whose arms exploded

Gregg Valentino is his name

google this: 'the man whose arms exploded'

;)
ewwwwwwwwwww ewwwwwwww ewwwwwww
yukkkk... idk why i even watched that just then, but i'm wishing i hadn't.
i think guys/men with that kind of muscle are just disgusting and lumpy... ughhh.

anyway, to answer the question, i think anyones muscles can grow to any size, given that they don't take any forms of steroids... but then again, the same can be said for people who are overweight, like seriously overweight... how overweight can you get before you just explode..?
sorry, i shouldn't answer a question with another question.. but its valid right?
i think ill put a youtube link in this just to add another question lol

YouTube - fattest person in the world

its all to do with the skin.

HSC
Just to put an end to this topic, there is a natural limit to how big you can get, but most guys won't reach it.

Generally doing everything right with 3-5 years training most men 5'10-6'0 will probably get to 100-105kg with 10-12% bodyfat. Those with elite genetics maybe 110-115kg with lower bodyfat. Anything high probably involves steroids.

In strength generally they'll reach x2.5 bodyweight in the squat, x2 BW in the bench press, x3 BW in the deadlift, x1 BW in the overhead press, a power clean that is 70% of their deadlift and their bench for a 5RM in the row (these are averages, they'll vary from person to person due to a lot of physical factors).

There is also a correlation between bodyfat and muscle mass. You'll notice a lot of 'ripped' natural bodybuilders (around 4-5% bodyfat) look smaller than the average person:

(Andro, at 80kg~ with a BW almost the same as what I started at).

This is because a healthy male is meant to be somewhere around 10-15% bodyfat naturally, and because muscle is calorie expensive once you go below this the first thing your body will expend is muscle.

(Brad Castleberry, biggest thing in natural bodybuilding around 115kg at 10-12% bodyfat).

So I think many of you should be asking yourselves what you want - abs or muscle mass.

Final note: Never consider the opinions of women when you're lifting. Not only do they not know a thing about male anatomy, they don't have a clue what they want most of the time either. Lift for yourself.

Last edited:

BreezerD

HSC
Hi
I know there is a limit but what im asking is for a 17yo, who has been doing weights everynight ( 3 sets of 12 reps of bicep curls, bicep hammer curls, shoulder press, over row , chest press, tricep curl).

Is there a point were they wont grow, or as long as I do them every night they rip and grow.
I think if you do that, you won't grow at all anyway no matter what your genetic limit is.

startingstrength.wikia.com/

Intermission

HSC
Yes, because muscles matter everybody. Now lets all go validate ourselves.

BreezerD

HSC
Yes, because muscles matter everybody. Now lets all go validate ourselves.
What matters? Your fancy car? Your trophy wife? Your ATAR?

Or are you just happy that your daily activity doesn't really call for you to do anything that is difficult?

Oliver04

HSC
What matters? Your fancy car? Your trophy wife? Your ATAR?

Or are you just happy that your daily activity doesn't really call for you to do anything that is difficult?
x2

Strength above anything else will ultimately determine the quantity and quality of life you have on this earth.

BreezerD

HSC
x2

Strength above anything else will ultimately determine the quantity and quality of life you have on this earth.
Second to that would be your ability to regurgitate sentences from Starting Strength...

I really disagree with Rip on that statement.

Oliver04

HSC
Exactly my point? How is being strong polar to being paraplegic?
People who are paraplegic have no strength in an entire part of their body, thus their quality of life is limited.

Rip's argument is that lifting increases strength in basic functions, balance, mobility and a whole lot of other shit which go down the craphole when you age, thus its a pretty important thing to have.

Coming from a family with lower back problems this is a pretty serious deal for me.

BreezerD

HSC
People who are paraplegic have no strength in an entire part of their body, thus their quality of life is limited.

Rip's argument is that lifting increases strength in basic functions, balance, mobility and a whole lot of other shit which go down the craphole when you age, thus its a pretty important thing to have.

Coming from a family with lower back problems this is a pretty serious deal for me.
Well yeah, but being paraplegic isn't often because of a lack of strength...

Oliver04

HSC
Well yeah, but being paraplegic isn't often because of a lack of strength...
Yeah, usually from fast cars. But you know where I'm going :p

Also (even as a musician) I get annoyed when people call me a superficial meathead yet in the name of a 'deep appreciation' of music go out and spend $1000's on instruments and accessories of in-vogue brands.

BreezerD

HSC
Yeah, usually from fast cars. But you know where I'm going :p

Also (even as a musician) I get annoyed when people call me a superficial meathead yet in the name of a 'deep appreciation' of music go out and spend $1000's on instruments and accessories of in-vogue brands.
Yeah, I think most of my friends see me as a superficial meathead now. Haha. I don't really care. I can move their cars.

Oliver04

HSC
Yeah, I think most of my friends see me as a superficial meathead now. Haha. I don't really care. I can move their cars.
lol, I've always wanted to deadlift the front of a car. How bigger deadlift would you need do you reckon?

BreezerD

HSC
I can get the backs of some cars off the ground (not really move them) and I pull 230.

Funny story though, at a party a few months ago myself and a friend who pulls about 170 moved a car that was parallel parked out to 90 degrees, kinda... blocking the road. Long story short, the cops came, thought the car was stolen, and went to her house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)