• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is there a point in dropping a subject now? (1 Viewer)

hecticated

HSC
Just wondering because I do 12 units.
I kept 12 units because I wasn't 100% confident in all my subjects but I really wanted to drop IPT throughout the entire year.
Another reason why I kept it because I was ranking 1st or 2nd for all the assessments without putting in much effort (out of 11 students) basically all I did was write my notes in class and then read them the night before an exam, the assignment was terrible because I pulled all nighters but I got close to full marks ehh.

There are like 2 weeks left of school, I'm not sure if the extra frees will benefit me. hahaha but I guess if I keep it I still have to study for it.
Biology was my weakest subject (besides english) because I was ranked but now after my trial results I feel more confident about it and don't think IPT will count towards my ATAR anymore.

TLDR: Is there a point in dropping a subject now?

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
keep it, it will be a 'safety net' if you perform good in it and it may count to some bonus marks at some universities (depending on degree)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep it . Like Astroman said there is no point in dropping now. It is a good safety net to have (Your marks appear good for both subjects) just encase you bomb externals..

Plus if you get a band 6 you can sell your notes :p

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Do not drop.
You made it this far , that means you can keep going.

All that time would have been wasted!!

Zyzz commands you

Fiction

HSC
Well I mean consider the pros and cons: You've already made it this far throughout the year - therefore it'll be seen as a slight "waste" of time (it can be) if you drop. IPT can also provide as a backup if you bomb out during externals.

However, IPT is quite a content heavy course - therefore requiring a large amount of time to study for. If you take any exam, you're inclined to do well in it, therefore you need to take time out to study IPT (unless you already know all your content). From your description, you don't sound as though you enjoy IPT either.

Idk. I personally would keep it, but then again I'm also willing to keep the 14 units I have atm for the HSC.

hecticated

HSC
Idk. I personally would keep it, but then again I'm also willing to keep the 14 units I have atm for the HSC.
Are you superman?

Thanks guys, hmm ok I guess I have to keep it.
Honestly, now I just regret not dropping it earlier.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Lol same, everyone calls be stupid for doing 14... But OP if you've made it this far, may as well keep going

Feynman

HSC
Oh you //blush
Yes. I can fly and I've got these awesome biceps and triceps and abs which I just lurve to flex when I fly. I also like to wear my undies outside my pants. Don't ask me why, it's a personal ego thing.
Oh. I can also take up 15 units without a problem b/c TIME TRAVEL 8D YOUWERESUCHACUTEBABY//shot

I kiddd - although I do wish I can go back and forth in time, just to see what my friends and family will be doing in 10 years time. And obviously to see whether the world's ended or whether angels/demons/bloodsuckers have dominated earth yet.

:D I'm glad you've made a decision :) Make whatever choice you think will better your ATAR the most. Forget everything else - you're aiming for 99.95 ;D
OP does standard eng though so it's not possible to get 99.95

meggles_

HSC
No keep it! It's not that much extra work maintaining it until HSC and if you do drop it, it's just a waste

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)