Is there any difference? (1 Viewer)

manutd8

HSC
Between B Commerce (Accouting/Finance) OR B Comm - Professional Accounting/Applied Finance? Is there much dif between them? and would the latter improve job opportunities?

Thanks

Casablancas

HSC
I just know that Professional accounting is recognised by the CPA and Chartered Accountants of Australia( qualifications..? not too sure), thus looking more impressive to an employer

the general commerce degree would just have those as majors, so if you already know that you want to do accouting/applied finance, choose it straight off. btw, looks like i'l be seeing u in professional accounting next year :eek:

dude01

HSC
What's the point of having a major within a course that isn't even professionally recognised? I bet lots of people will choose b commerce with the intention of majoring in accounting without having done their research and be screwed over by this. All other unis just have their accounting major within the b commerce professionally recognised. I don't get why macquarie bothered with a seperate course with CPA and CA recognition.

The bottom line is - if you are doing an accounting degree with the intention of becoming an accountant you will want it to be professionally accredited.

manutd8

HSC
I just know that Professional accounting is recognised by the CPA and Chartered Accountants of Australia( qualifications..? not too sure), thus looking more impressive to an employer

the general commerce degree would just have those as majors, so if you already know that you want to do accouting/applied finance, choose it straight off. btw, looks like i'l be seeing u in professional accounting next year :eek:
haha yeah dude, looks that way ;) but im just so UNSURE about my future career. everything is so damn confusing!

What's the point of having a major within a course that isn't even professionally recognised? I bet lots of people will choose b commerce with the intention of majoring in accounting without having done their research and be screwed over by this. All other unis just have their accounting major within the b commerce professionally recognised. I don't get why macquarie bothered with a seperate course with CPA and CA recognition.

The bottom line is - if you are doing an accounting degree with the intention of becoming an accountant you will want it to be professionally accredited.
thanks aswell mate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)