• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is there any hope for us kids? (1 Viewer)

-tal-

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Hahaha. My ego basks in it!

Heres a taste anyways. Ive only just started it.

i am a tiny ship trapped in a colossal storm at sea, and
i am afraid that i can only tip and sway so long out here before
the wood begins to crack and leak.

(Love, there is salt water at my feet and
it is
quickly
rising.
What do you propose we do?)

i cannot accept living under the weather, under blue
tarpaulin and (something somethin something)
I sort of had to look up tarpaulin, but it sounds more .. angst/frustrated. The angry part - subtle, but is it meant to be?

Angry poetry... I might just try it one day :cool:

sirenxx

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Sweetheart I would charm the pants off you if we ever met.

Thats the only reason I have friends. Despite my arrogance, ego and self indulgence, I am charming and charismatic.

lol i wuld like 2 keep my pants on thanku

n i thort u were just miss-know-it-all who neva really dismounted from their high horse
but thru ur charm i see differently now
(n i managed 2 do so with panties on)

hav a question for u as im assumin u hav exceptional talent at english
how does sum1 who sux at creative writing go about pullin it off?
im creative visually. but words just wont come out of my head nicely

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-tal- said:
I sort of had to look up tarpaulin, but it sounds more .. angst/frustrated. The angry part - subtle, but is it meant to be?

Angry poetry... I might just try it one day :cool:
I'm not quite into the crux of the anger. The aim is the build it like a storm builds, yagetit? ^^

-tal-

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I'm not quite into the crux of the anger. The aim is the build it like a storm builds, yagetit? ^^
Uh huh. Charming though.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
sirenxx said:
lol i wuld like 2 keep my pants on thanku

n i thort u were just miss-know-it-all who neva really dismounted from their high horse
but thru ur charm i see differently now
(n i managed 2 do so with panties on)

hav a question for u as im assumin u hav exceptional talent at english
how does sum1 who sux at creative writing go about pullin it off?
im creative visually. but words just wont come out of my head nicely
I was speaking figuratively. I'd decide upon meeting and assessing whether you were worth fucking.

And please, I am a miss know it all on a high horse. I'm just sensible enough to know when to go riding and when to clean my tac.

Your situation is similar to a friend of mine. I suggested she incorporate art works she loved into imaginative and creative peices and have them play a role in her story. It give the story depth and you something you're comfortable enough with to play with thematically and imagery wise.
Also, if you were going to paint, you'd spend time choosing the type of paint and colours and paper to do it upon. Treat creative writing the same. Choose a character and develope them. Know them inside out. They're your paint brush.
Make up a handful of settings. These are your paints.
And do as much practise writing - or painting - as possible do your comfortable enough to adjust them to unseen questions.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
sirenxx said:
ok my yr is pretty small
only 95 students
n im semi smart in that im nearer 2 the top. but def not that smart
but as my englsih teacher likes 2 remind us there r kids out there who r like full tryin at skool
n that got me thinkin like wat hope is there for the average kiddies
like we r bascially competin against the whole of NSW
n wat bout selective skools n the hundreds of nerds just waitin 2 scale o so much higher than us

how negative =]
Stop bitching and work harder yourself then. Thanks.

sirenxx

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I was speaking figuratively. I'd decide upon meeting and assessing whether you were worth fucking.

And please, I am a miss know it all on a high horse. I'm just sensible enough to know when to go riding and when to clean my tac.

Your situation is similar to a friend of mine. I suggested she incorporate art works she loved into imaginative and creative peices and have them play a role in her story. It give the story depth and you something you're comfortable enough with to play with thematically and imagery wise.
Also, if you were going to paint, you'd spend time choosing the type of paint and colours and paper to do it upon. Treat creative writing the same. Choose a character and develope them. Know them inside out. They're your paint brush.
Make up a handful of settings. These are your paints.
And do as much practise writing - or painting - as possible do your comfortable enough to adjust them to unseen questions.
makes sense. thanks for puttin it like that for me
i just wish i wasnt such a spontaneous painter =D
practice is def the essence of it. just need the inner strength 2 do so

did no u were speakin figuratively if u thort otherwise
n u wuld hav 2 get off ur horse 2 fuck
but its alrite ill pass

well im off
talk 2 u maybe sometime in the near distant future

sirenxx

HSC
Continuum said:
Stop bitching and work harder yourself then. Thanks.
i wasnt bitchin
who was i bitchin bout
wat the nerds who r gonna kick my ass?? i think not since i practically get called 1
i was just havin a deep thort bout the reality of it / whinge
just try not 2 care so much

bawd

HSC
sirenxx said:
i wasnt bitchin
who was i bitchin bout
wat the nerds who r gonna kick my ass?? i think not since i practically get called 1
i was just havin a deep thort bout the reality of it / whinge
just try not 2 care so much
You don't have to be bitching about a person for it to be classified as bitching. You were complaining/whinging/bitching about the danger zone your HSC/UAI was entering.

In conclusion -- stress-relief through bitching and hoping everything will get better.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
bawd said:
You don't have to be bitching about a person for it to be classified as bitching. You were complaining/whinging/bitching about the danger zone your HSC/UAI was entering.

In conclusion -- stress-relief through bitching and hoping everything will get better.
Oh and that's such a crime?
Last I heard, stress relief was a good thing

bawd

HSC
youngminii said:
Oh and that's such a crime?
Last I heard, stress relief was a good thing
Please direct me as to where on my post did I say it was a crime. I apologise if I have offended you. Tone of voice is hard to express on the internet.

Affinity

HSC
sirenxx said:
ok my yr is pretty small
only 95 students
n im semi smart in that im nearer 2 the top. but def not that smart
but as my englsih teacher likes 2 remind us there r kids out there who r like full tryin at skool
n that got me thinkin like wat hope is there for the average kiddies
like we r bascially competin against the whole of NSW
n wat bout selective skools n the hundreds of nerds just waitin 2 scale o so much higher than us

how negative =]
Just because people go to selective schools doesn't mean all are good... top students in comprehensives are better than mediocre ones at selectives.

That said, the problem with going to a comprehensive is that most of the time one would be complacent due to a perception that one is sufficiently good, when in reality not quite.

It's important to have appropriate goals and standards. set out to learn the subjects thoroughly, beyond the syllabus. Try to really understand whats going on.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Affinity said:
Just because people go to selective schools doesn't mean all are good... top students in comprehensives are better than mediocre ones at selectives.

That said, the problem with going to a comprehensive is that most of the time one would be complacent due to a perception that one is sufficiently good, when in reality not quite.

It's important to have appropriate goals and standards. set out to learn the subjects thoroughly, beyond the syllabus. Try to really understand whats going on.
One's ability to do exactly that is hampered by the fact that one doesn't know anything about the Syllabus.
Most people who don't go to a selective school have peers who don't teach them how do study well, or get a good UAI.
I'm fortunate enough to go to church with lots of brainy people, but yes.
You do see the irony in telling 'non-intelligent' people to study 'intelligent' stuff, don't you?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-tal- said:
You're welcome. Do you mind if I ask to see the finished version?
Not at all, though it might take a while.
I'll PM it to you.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Know how to beat the system. No matter what school you go to, if you get rank 1 or 2 (at least rank 3 if we're talking about a shit school), scaling should not affect you.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Aplus said:
Know how to beat the system. No matter what school you go to, if you get rank 1 or 2 (at least rank 3 if we're talking about a shit school), scaling should not affect you.
That was my aim from the beginning of the prelim, simply because I'm stubborn as all shit.

Annnnnd guess whos been first and is still first and will be submitted as first to BOS?

<.<

untouchablecuz

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Like an anagram? They're great.

And yes, I am a smart cookie. Im an aural and tactile learner alot of the time.
My God, talk about arrogance.

Your high horse is outside waiting for you.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
untouchablecuz said:
My God, talk about arrogance.

Your high horse is outside waiting for you.
This has been established already, as has that fact that I am well aware of when it is and is not appropriate to be self indulgent.

I work hard to make sure my ego is justified. ^^

jimmayy

HSC
theres a school around plumpton called richard johnson they have approx 18 students in year currently this year. Its weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)