Is there any hope? (1 Viewer)

Ramboysf5

HSC
Hey all, im just need some help with my situation. im in my final year of school and basically i've been the relaxed type for the majority of my years. Im a 70-80 student and i basically do no study. i usually do mediocre in exams 70's. And as it is my final year i really want to buckle down and achieve a good UAI hopefully 80+. I do think i am capable of it, but i just don't wanna start studying like 5 hours every day and in the end it won't pay off.

So if anyone can shed some light if i can i really improve my results so drastically from the 5 past years of bludging. If anyone was in a similar situation and studied hard and it payed off dearly, then i'm willing to do that, but i would just like some information.

Thanks

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
pretty much the same situation as me.

what i try to do is:

Do homework everynight as soon as possible.
and write out notes to revise, i listen to music or used to chat on msn while doing it.
may take a while, but then a week before exams you can just get out your notes and re write them, read them ect.

Zephyrio

HSC
Of course there's hope! It's great that you've decided to buckle down and aiming to achieve some goals now.

Do homework quickly. Write study notes. You'll be fine.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Hey, I got a live example.

At my school, there's a bunch of 'you' (no offence) and they kept bludging the whole year 11 so basically by the end of the days, I'm very pissed off when they ask sorts of dumb questions.

Guess what, 2 of them are making me change my mind. One is doing pretty well in Bio and the other one in Chem. Tho they are not that good, at least I pay a bit of caution to them.

Remember that how you do is going to influence your results, not others. Everything can happen in the official HSC exams. (hiccough)

Do you think you can do it? I mean, if you think you can't, then just give up!

If not, you can start at the beginning of the chapters your classes are doing, read through the English texts again then gradually try to catch up by filling the missing knowledge. I think it should be easy for someone you bludge but still get 70s-80s like you. There's no immaculate magic.

Good luck!

Last edited:

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
Undermyskin said:
Hey, I got a live example.

At my school, there's a bunch of 'you' (no offence) and they kept bludging the whole year 11
and all through high school...like one guy who beat me in everything despite doing crap all for school certificate. i didn't work that hard...but much more than he could say for himself.

his bad habits are really biting him in the arse now though. and he is so blasee, and i don't think its even an act. i don't get it.

as long as you work harder at everything, you have much more chance of doing well so good on you. that just completely negated what i just said but whatever

just translate your newfound care into newfound study :)

Last edited:

jest3r

HSC
Ramboysf5 said:
Hey all, im just need some help with my situation. im in my final year of school and basically i've been the relaxed type for the majority of my years. Im a 70-80 student and i basically do no study. i usually do mediocre in exams 70's. And as it is my final year i really want to buckle down and achieve a good UAI hopefully 80+. I do think i am capable of it, but i just don't wanna start studying like 5 hours every day and in the end it won't pay off.

So if anyone can shed some light if i can i really improve my results so drastically from the 5 past years of bludging. If anyone was in a similar situation and studied hard and it payed off dearly, then i'm willing to do that, but i would just like some information.

Thanks
I was in a somewhat similar situation to you, prior to the final exams I was achieving at around the 70-80 range. Though unlike your situation, that was through actual study, so you can imagine that I felt pretty ripped off. It took me until after the trials to pick up on my weaknesses. I realised that I knew the content well for each of my subjects, but it was my exam technique that let me down i.e. not answering the question adequately. So during the 4 or so weeks of stuvac prior to the final exams, I slaved away at all sorts of past papers (mainly from the Success One text books), and pretty much tried to do these past papers in simulated exam conditions (timing myself and atleast try to do it somewhere quiet). This was also in conjunction with reading and touching up some of my dot point summaries.

Anyway, you can imagine that was a decent amount of work...but long story short I got a UAI of 88.4. Not the most spectacular UAI I admit, but compared to my expectations of getting somewhere around 75-80, I was pretty happy that I actually put in the effort and got the mark I needed to get into the uni course I wanted.

In your case, achieving mediocre results without study, I think you're capable of a UAI 90+ easy. But the only guaranteed way to increase the probability of achieving this is through consistent hard work, so that will mean, as you mentioned, 5 hours or so a day (though that's not to say that you shouldn't give up enjoying yourself from time to time - try to achieve a balance). But I guarantee, if you do that, this time next year you won't regret it.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
course you can do it !! =)
just see this as the final leg of the race & focus on what you wanna do @uni :)

i'm sure you're more than capable !

Ramboysf5

HSC
ok i will try to buckle down :) hopefully the laptop i got came in handy as ill jsut get notes from here and study them anywhere any time.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)