Is This Car P-Plate Legal? (1 Viewer)

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Vehicles – You must not drive any vehicle with:

Eight or more cylinders.
A turbocharged or supercharged engine (diesel powered engines exempt).
Modifications that increase engine performance.
Any other vehicle identified by Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) – further details available on Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) website.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/p1p2_conditions_dl1.html

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Nope, it's supercharged and not a diesel.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yes, but that would be a TDI and not a TFSI. The TDI would be P plate legal.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
also as if you don't have a separate car on your own

how is that a thing
This tbh, better having a car of your own than sharing with parents. I'm assuming you are keen on a european car and not opposed to a diesel, so why not get like a mk5 TDI golf?

Pete1555

HSC
I was originally going to buy the new Mazda 6, which was close to 40k, which would be my own car. However, I didn't want to waste the money on a brand new car which I might bump or w/e. So then the rents suggested that I buy a used car for 20k and put the rest in the bank. However, now my mum wants a new car as her current car is like 13 years old now (A6 4.2L)... So my dad will take my mums car, my brother will take my dads car (forester) and then my mum and I will preferably share the A5. But since it isn't P plate legal, my parents would have reconsider.

So are there any nice cars I can buy for 20k under, preferably sedan . The two I can only think of is the A4 and the Honda Accord Euro.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The older Mazda 6s are pretty good. (parents have one)

Why do you want a sedan though?

HSC
rofl why the hell would anyone buy a 20k audi?

no doubt it would be an older model, and probably low spec'd

if you want a badge to wank about, buy a stupid 1.8 A4 and be happy with your german toyota and insane servicing

otherwise, the accord euro is good i think.

a c

HSC
Why do you want a luxury car? They are for old people.

Just get a corolla or something. A hilux workmate is a nice car.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
rofl why the hell would anyone buy a 20k audi?

no doubt it would be an older model, and probably low spec'd

if you want a badge to wank about, buy a stupid 1.8 A4 and be happy with your german toyota and insane servicing

otherwise, the accord euro is good i think.
All the electrical problems and what not will start to show up then too. You likely wouldn't be buying from the first owner and all subsequent owners wouldnt have been doing the kind of preventative maintenance that is required of them.

Please don't buy a base model euro car and be stuck up about it though, as Arcadian said they are just German toyotas/euro taxies or whatever.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
All the electrical problems and what not will start to show up then too. You likely wouldn't be buying from the first owner and all subsequent owners wouldnt have been doing the kind of preventative maintenance that is required of them.

Please don't buy a base model euro car and be stuck up about it though, as Arcadian said they are just German toyotas/euro taxies or whatever.
Loving the Initial D avatar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)