Is this normal? (1 Viewer)

loaves

HSC
Um, I really think anything more than 1-2 hours/day at this point is overkill. So no, it's not normal, calm down and go to the beach or something.

Galladrim

HSC
Is it normal to stress out right now? Yes. There are several ways I could tell you to deal with it. The first:

The second is take some time out to laugh at the stupidity of my first suggestion. Believe me when I say that a holiday is meant to be a holiday. Doing an hour or two every day is more than enough. Don't concern yourself with what others are doing or what they say they are doing, just focus on yourself. Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering with anything else. I actually started taking ten minutes each night before I went to bed just sitting down, closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing. For such a mundane activity it's astonishing just how effective it is, and I still do it a year later, which for me is just astonishing ;).

Enjoy the last two weeks of your holidays, you'll be so grateful that you did in 6 months time. Best of Luck :)

enoilgam

HSC
Is it normal to stress out right now? Yes. There are several ways I could tell you to deal with it. The first:

The second is take some time out to laugh at the stupidity of my first suggestion. Believe me when I say that a holiday is meant to be a holiday. Doing an hour or two every day is more than enough. Don't concern yourself with what others are doing or what they say they are doing, just focus on yourself. Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering with anything else. I actually started taking ten minutes each night before I went to bed just sitting down, closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing. For such a mundane activity it's astonishing just how effective it is, and I still do it a year later, which for me is just astonishing ;).

Enjoy the last two weeks of your holidays, you'll be so grateful that you did in 6 months time. Best of Luck :)
This is a great post, so true especially the part in bold

epicFAILx

HSC

I found breathing does help me. Eg. one theatre performance I took 3 deep breaths right before the show. And I was relaxed.

But thankyou for this.. I will definitly use it :)

K

khorne

You get depressed because working straight for however many hours isn't productive and you don't do the work. Instead, make a list of things to be done, and do them.

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I don't think it's normal. :I
You don't want to burn out and regret it later on. Those annotations won't be considered nothing in the HSC and will contribute to your in-depth knowledge.
[h=3][/h]

epicFAILx

HSC
Yeah, I don't think it's normal. :I
You don't want to burn out and regret it later on. Those annotations won't be considered nothing in the HSC and will contribute to your in-depth knowledge.
[h=3][/h]
But the annotationsa are quotes and such.. and don't we need to memorise A TON OF QUOTES for the hsc english exam?

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
But the annotationsa are quotes and such.. and don't we need to memorise A TON OF QUOTES for the hsc english exam?
Well, a good amount of quotes. If you have more quotes, it'll show the markers you've engaged yourself with the text and can support your response. I'm just trying to enjoy my holidays before I go back, I'm doing some light study at the moment.

~Edited: I misread the first time :/ Lack of sleep ~

Last edited:

Bobbo1

HSC
Yep, the way you're going and assuming you mean 9am to 7pm you're going to cook out before school even starts. Consider this your last real holidays and mentally prepare for the year ahead. By all means you should be studying but not all day, just some light reading of the work ahead and revision of areas of difficulty should keep you well ahead of your competitors.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
i feel shit LOL
seriously how can you motivate yourself from 9-7 in the holidays?
tell me your secret please!!

epicFAILx

HSC
i feel shit LOL
I don't know if what I am doing is good for others. ahaha
But if you must know. I am one of those people that don't work well with schedules.. I feel to guilty.
So I work fast.. and get what needs done DONE
It takes me a while before I am 'in the zone' but once im in the study trance.. i can't get out of it basically.
Haaha.

Plus, dont be feeling shit.. im sure how you study is WAAAY better than mine. :)

HJKim

HSC
i feel shit LOL
Do past papers, once you start you're in it for the next 2 hours and before u know, its been 2 hours :p

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
For me, 3U past papers were the easiest, because they didn't get boring.
If you want to do the past papers for 2U, and don't think you can finish under 2 hours, you can try breaking the exam into sections. Eg: Section Q1-5, section 2Q6-8, Secion 9+10, and taking short breaks between each sections.
And, yes, I used to time myself for each section. For 3U, my two sections were Q1-5 and Q6+7. I'd try and finish each section in under 55 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)