Is Uni better and more intensive (1 Viewer)

year10studentpreparin

HSC
I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s better than high school. But if you love studying as you say, you’ll love university
yeah, ill defo miss the smaller classes in highschool and social activities plus the schedule and timetable of classes and how its all planned for you 5 days a week but yeah i do enjoy studying for stuff i like so should be good.
I am doing a cadetship as well which is a plus

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Generally speaking, university is more difficult and more demanding than the HSC, and becomes increasingly so as you progress through your degree(s). The extent to which this applies depends on a number of factors:
  • The study load, i.e. full-time or part-time study - If you study full-time, you will be taking the maximum number of units allowed per session (e.g. semester/trimester). This imposes a heavy workload and therefore requires a strong commitment to your studies in order to perform favourably. On the other hand, if you decide to study part-time, you will have a lighter workload as you will be taking less units per session, although this also means that the length of your degree(s) would be extended. At the same time, this is an advantage that university has over the HSC, i.e. the ability to customise your degree.
  • The specific degree(s) that you are interested in studying - Some degrees are inherently more difficult and demanding than others. Your university experience may therefore differ depending on the degree(s) that you end up studying.
  • Your own academic ability - You are less likely to face many difficulties if you are academically capable and are determined to excel in your studies (which you appear to be from your post).
I hope this helps! :D

year10studentpreparin

HSC
yeah, ill defo miss the smaller classes in highschool and social activities plus the schedule and timetable of classes and how its all planned for you 5 days a week but yeah i do enjoy studying for stuff i like so should be good.
I am doing a cadetship as well which is a plus
ill miss the social life of highschool and close knit bc my school barely had anyone
oh nice! which one/where at?
have the uts cyber one but also waiting on the wollongong and deloitte cyber academy results bc closer both cyber security

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Generally speaking, university is more difficult and more demanding than the HSC, and becomes increasingly so as you progress through your degree(s). The extent to which this applies depends on a number of factors:
  • The study load, i.e. full-time or part-time study - If you study full-time, you will be taking the maximum number of units allowed per session (e.g. semester/trimester). This imposes a heavy workload and therefore requires a strong commitment to your studies in order to perform favourably. On the other, if you decide to study part-time, you will have a lighter workload as you will be taking less units per session, although this also means that the length of your degree(s) would be extended. At the same time, this is an advantage that university has over the HSC, i.e. the ability to customise your degree.
  • The specific degree(s) that you are interested in studying - Some degrees are inherently more difficult and demanding than others. Your university experience may therefore differ depending on the degree(s) that you end up studying.
  • Your own academic ability - You are less likely to face many difficulties if you are academically capable and are determined to excel in your studies (which you appear to be from your post).
I hope this helps! :D
thanks bro it does help.
it is semester and yeah for the cadetship with uow and deloitte one I get 2 weeks holiday from studying (u do both tafe and bachelors) and then 4 weeks a year from employer bc part time work so yeah should be demanding.

id say comp sci degrees are demanding yeah and maths heavy but the uow one would be easier than unsw?

'You are less likely to face many difficulties if you are academically capable and are determined to excel in your studies (which you appear to be from your post).' And yes you are right about that bro I really wanna succeed and willing to put in the time

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Uni's pretty chill u just wait till the day before assignments are due and all nighter to finish them, and for exams u wait till the day before and cram the entire course (another all nighter)
heard of that but yeah I dont wanna be like that rather I wanna get good GPA as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)