Is University worth it ? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
dunno

at uws orientation they said they wont be bringing up the fees at uws tho. so maybe it depends on uni.

it also depends on how much u'd earn without a degree.... presumably u'd make a lot less only having a high school certificate rather than a 5 year degree.

plus, the website showed a starting salary of $51k for law. it might well be true but other websites show a $60k average starting, and it can go up to $100k in a few years.

Last edited:

crowley926

HSC
This isn't accurate anymore as the deregulation bill did not pass Senate. And more recently, the Turnbull government shelved it and even if they do consider it, it won't be implemented till at least 2017.

pomsky

HSC
Will it really take that long to pay off your loans?

I mean, if you graduate with a grad position and are earning ~60k. Your degree (under the abolished scheme) costs ~100K.
Couldn't you live on approximately 30k a year and use the other 30K to pay off your degree? Wouldn't that take only about 3-4 years to do? Website is saying 30+ years.

Why :(

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
The website you're looking at is outdated, generalised and deeply politicised.

Why trust something that has no sources, makes huge assumptions, and speculates?

Go to Uni if you either want to learn something new, or work in a professional sphere. Apply for bursaries or scholarships if you need financial aid.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Will it really take that long to pay off your loans?

I mean, if you graduate with a grad position and are earning ~60k. Your degree (under the abolished scheme) costs ~100K.
Couldn't you live on approximately 30k a year and use the other 30K to pay off your degree? Wouldn't that take only about 3-4 years to do? Website is saying 30+ years.

Why :(
You're forgetting tax though and other stuff.

Like tax alone, on a 60k salary, you'll be paying 11k. So you will only be getting 49k a year.

Kolmias

HSC
OP: Please note. If you scroll to the bottom of the webpage, you will find a small notice saying:

Authorised by Senator Lee Rhiannon
72 Campbell Street, Surry Hills
NSW 2010

Then the logo of the Greens.

It appears to be some sort of recruitment tool to scare people and get them to join the Greens.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Holy shit OP this is from like 2014
It says Abbott
Read it ffs

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Also HECS is less stressful than a normal debt. If you aren't earning over a certain amount, then you don't need to pay back the debt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)