is UOW a hole??? (2 Viewers)

jizmiester

ivew heard nothing but good things about wollongong....good looking girls, great nightlife, excellent atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!! looked great when i went for a tour bout 2 months ago....especially the accommodation

m@ds

Wollongong is really cool....nightlife, beaches, good weather...close enough to Sydney but not the shithouse traffic and smog. UOW is excellent and the campus is really really nice. Out of all the colleges, Weerona and I-House are the best.

jizmiester

i would disagree, because you dont want to be at a university that you dont enjoy...it'd be just like going to school again! and god forbid, i never want to be there again!!!! recognitions and qualifications are an important part, there is no doubting it...but if u cum outta uni afta 3yrs with just those two things, u have missed out on all the friends, the beaches, the nightlife....the growing up in a place as nice as the wollongong campus...so yeah

theres my two cents..

DebuOfCourse

Well said.

I'm not about to throw away 3 (well 5 actually) years of my life to obtain a degree. I want to make the obtaining of the degree a part of my life. And I think that's the most sensible approach.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
definatly - you need to enjoy the Uni itself, as much as the course. And wollongong is a lovley place - a lot more friendly and laid back in comparrison to it's Sydney counter parts (ie sydney, new south..)

jizmiester

course wise? it's probably doesnt even come close to the business, communication and science courses that UTS provides...and if you are anything like jennifer there are not many qualifications and recognitions either...but it feels amazing, it looks amazing (not like that ugly brown UTS building) its spread out and not cramped, laid back and friendly....with A LOT more good looking people then what UTS offers...

For someone who didnt even come close to the uai for the communication courses at UTS, wollongong seems like the best place to be.

Nearlyfinished!

Lacroix, Sweetie!
HSC
I really think it depends on where you think you will fit in best and what you think is best for (it really is a personal decision). I think UOW provides the best learning environment for me because i tend to be laid back, while others may feel the structure of UTS (or whatever) may suit them. And if you hate the course or uni you choose, transfer! I don't think its a huge deal and i'm sick of people telling me my degree won't mean as much if i do it at Wollongong. Someone explain to me why people i know tell me this when UOW has one of the best rates of student employment post graduation??? I am v. confused!

Last edited:

adsta

HSC
I'm at UOW and really like it. Has one of the highest graduation employment rates, nice campus, and a good selection of courses and subjects. Transport isn't that bad either for me (I generally drive which takes about 40mins).
But also, it depends on what field you want to study.

holl

UOW has won the university of the year twice. I think that shows that the degree you get has good qualifications and recognitions and the campus is also a good place.

Sam

samboh
HSC
campus environment.. its better than other uni's in sydney... the atmosphere is really relaxed

but if u dont like it.. u can always transfer

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I don't think how the uni looks has anything to do with whether or not one would like it.

The course plays an important role, but the people are the best way to see if a university is good. Complete dickheads will make your life there hell, but nice, courteous and friendly people can make it all the more better.

I'd hate to go to uni and find out that people are complete dickheads.

Though the atmosphere of UoW is really nice. It's a very serene campus even when there are lots of people there. It's at the foot of Mt. Keira which is an added bonus because of the scenery.

I wouldn't say it's a hole.

santaslayer

HSC
da scenery is awesome there people...i went for enrolmement and it looked like heaven there.....whoa...

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
da scenery is awesome there people...i went for enrolmement and it looked like heaven there.....whoa...
:( Stup up man, stop making me jelious, what I dont know wont hurt me.:p :p

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
A hoax once went around that Mt Keira was an active volcano....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)