• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is western civilisation better than aboriginies of the past? (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
You really are fucking retarded. You don't think the Aboriginals had a rigid social system and marriage arrangement?
wth do u mean? i believe the source that said that aboriginal women were arranged/force to marry "old men".

but europe/the western world at the same time as them, was enslaving women, which is a whole lot worse.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
i'm not, i am saying, the aboriginal culture was of the PAST, so i have to compare them to western world OF THE SAME TIME AS THEM.
That's not what the topic is.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Riet said:
That's not what the topic is.
yes it is, comparing the western world on the whole, with aboriginal culture of the past

iirc "the whole" is past, present and future (although we don't know the future, so it is the past and the present).

THE PAST IS THERE, YOU CAN'T IGNORE IT.

Fine then, ill wind back 200 years again for both cultures, who treats women better, aborigines 400 years ago, or british 400 years ago? ABORIGINES DO.

then i'll wind back 200 years even more both cultures, who treats women better, aborigines 600 years ago, or british 600 years ago? ABORIGINES DO

Women were hanged because they were "witches" back further and witchcraft/magic doesn't even exist.

Last edited:

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
FOB Indians= In spite of all the IT knowledge they may have, the oily hair and funny smells remain. Ever seen dandruff in oily hair?

deal with if that's a racist comment. its the truth.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
cxlxoxk.... even northriversmatt isn't as stupid as this kid.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Hagaren said:
cxlxoxk.... even northriversmatt isn't as stupid as this kid.
how the fuck am i stupid...

did aborigines hang women because they were witches 600+ years ago? i think not...

every culture is equal because they are different, they develop differently...

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
woah!

equality = differences.

fuck me, you should be writing a dictionary.

cxlxoxk

HSC
answer my fucking question, tell me did aborigines kill women because they were witches 600 years ago...if you don't you are ignoring the past of every culture, and the past is part of any society and CAN'T BE IGNORED. you're a retard.

read the last part of my sig u moron

THEY ARE THE SAME (EQUAL) IN THAT THEY ARE ALL UNIQUE. IS SAME NOT SYNONYMOUS WITH EQUAL???

http://encarta.msn.com/thesaurus_561586887/same.html

ACCORDING TO THIS IT IS

Last edited:

cxlxoxk

HSC
No, i'm not. I'm Australian, parents are both Asians. So you can call me a shithead asian, but i'm sure Asians wouldn't like it.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
who gives a flying fuck.

the past can be ignored, shouldn't and can't are different things but we can't expect that kind of intelligence from you.

the past is to be learnt from not to dwell upon.

the current generation will not be held accountable for the previous generations mistakes.

just for you i'm going to go and get a mad shirt screen printed for the anniversary of sorry day on the front it will say "sorry..." & on the back "...you're not white".

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
you're a shit head and your asian.

you're not a shit head because you're asian.

my best friend is asian he's not a shit head just you.

cxlxoxk

HSC
so you are implying that the only asian that is a "shithead" in the entire world is me? wow you are so naive to think that. you haven't met every asian in the world.

and to answer "who gives a flying fuck"

i'm sure historians appreciate the past, even more than i do.

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i did extension history fuckstain.

historians may appreciate the past that doesn't make it all relevant.

your father appreciates naked 6 year olds that doesn't mean i'll suddenly endorse paedophilia

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
so you are implying that the only asian that is a "shithead" in the entire world is me? wow you are so naive to think that. you haven't met every asain in the world.

and to answer "who gives a flying fuck"

i'm sure historians appreciate the past, even more than i do.
omg, you lefty nuts pain me to no end. You're a fuckwit. You're also asian. The two are in no way related.

cxlxoxk

HSC
lol also i believe your signature is defamation, i would easily win a defamation case against you, some of my real name is hidden within my BoS name...

GOD ALMIGHTY

HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk, every artists fucks up somewhere along the line for me you were that mistake.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
lol also i believe your signature is defamation, i would easily win a defamation case against you, some of my real name is hidden within my BoS name...
wow, really? cos like i totally didn't figure out that the x's where most likely blanked out letters or anything.

cxlxoxk, real name = calcock

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
answer my fucking question, tell me did aborigines kill women because they were witches 600 years ago...
No, but they slaughtered them for accidentally witnessing "men's business."

While it is true that they did not have any diseases brought to humanity by domestication of animals and living in large cities - influenza, smallpox, etc - they were susceptible to multitudes of other diseases, including nasty parasites. They had no medical knowledge of use, and could die of septicemia from a cut. Child mortality was (and is) extremely high, as was the risk of mortality for mothers giving birth. That is the reality of a primitive civilisation, and there is no way, shape or form that you can argue that it is equal to a modern western civilisation.

Oh, and calling the Jacaranda Australian History a credible (i.e. unbiased) source is hilarious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)