Is WRIT1001 recorded? (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
If I do WRIT1001 I've got an unavoidable clash and I don't really want to skip a whole hour of the subject, considering it's only 3 hours a week. So yeah. Is it?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
If I do WRIT1001 I've got an unavoidable clash and I don't really want to skip a whole hour of the subject, considering it's only 3 hours a week. So yeah. Is it?
Yes, the audio is recorded - without attending any WRIT1001 lectures you will still be able to follow along with the tutorials. No one (majority of students) attends the lecture after the second week and many others do not even touch the online lecture activities. But you do have to do some of those 'journal' activities.

Last edited:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, the audio is recorded - without attending any WRIT1001 lectures you will still be able to follow along with the tutorials. No one (majority of students) attends the lecture after the second week and many others do not even touch the online lecture activities. But you do have to do some of those 'journal' activities.
Seriously?

YAY!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
It's the biggest bludge subject OF ALL TIME

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Tip for this unit: learn the meaning of ethos, pathos and logos... and come up with an interesting focus question. :)

Last edited:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Tip for this unit: learn the meaning of ethos, pathos and logos... and come up with an interesting focus question. :)
Thanks man :).

Can you give me any more details about what you actually learn in the subject? The handbook entry seems like a load of BS.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thanks man :).

Can you give me any more details about what you actually learn in the subject? The handbook entry seems like a load of BS.
Different styles of argument, different elements/structures to a sentence and paragraph, how to paraphrase and quote sources with correct citations - it is a step up from HS English is how I would describe it.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Different styles of argument, different elements/structures to a sentence and paragraph, how to paraphrase and quote sources with correct citations - it is a step up from HS English is how I would describe it.
Ahh excellent. I liked the argument aspect of HS English, I just hated the analysis of texts side of things, so I think I'll enjoy it!

pixelzz

HSC
dont bother even going to the lectures. just listen to the ones explaining the assessments, other than that not worth it imo. all i did was go to the tuts and ask questions and got a distinction lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)