Is your 'best' subject your favourite subject? Why/why not? (1 Viewer)

britaker

HSC
My favourite subject I have to say would be advanced English, though my best subject would be EE2. Actually the only reason I choose EE2 is due to rankings - in terms of marks lost Advanced would definitely be my best subject.

idk I personally believe the only reason that English is my favourite subject is because I'm doing well at it, also explains why I hate MX1 (=21st/38) lol.

mreditor16

HSC
My favourite subject is Maths and it happens to be my best subject.

I think being better at it relative to your other subjects motivates you work harder at it.

but i don't know there's something about maths I really enjoy. haha

when i'm forcing myself to study and I'm getting tired or bored, I just do maths. lol.

so yes my 'best' subject is my favourite subject.

love maths (as well as economics, which I finished last year, but studying for it was a real pain at times haha)

but if i had to choose between learning maths and economics for the rest of my life, and i mean solely learning, i'd haveto go with economics.

matchalolz

HSC
I tend to enjoy the subjects that I'm better at, e.g. if I get a good mark/rank in something, I feel even more motivated to study for it, hence even better marks and the cycle repeats. I find that my 'best subjects' are in fact my favourite ones too. I really enjoy maths and economics, but wish that I was an english person too lol

FauziaH

HSC
I believe so, I'm good at English and it's my favourite subject really :)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Definitely. My best/favorite was maths. I absolutely despised all my other subjects.

QZP

HSC
I consider maths to be my best subject but I hate it....

Edit: Too repetitive for my liking

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Best subject was MX1; favourite subject was Modern History.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
My best subject is maths, but I'm starting to get sick of it.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Year 7-10 Fav Subject: Maths
Year 12 Most Hated Subject: Maths

Year 11 Most Hated Subject: Legal
Year 12 Favourite/Best performing subject: Legal :haha:

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
during my hsc history was my favourite subjects(did all 3) best was ancient loved doing hannibal and rome, hated Pompeii so much though, hence why that always would let me down, modern was my 3rd best(hated learning usa so much) hence didnt really try that much for that section, so generally yes, your favourite subject can help motivate u and be your best subject, which is why my advice for hsc is just do the subjects u love

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Nup,probably my favorite subject's harder to get a 'good' ranking in I suppose...

iStudent

HSC
Best subject: MX1 (dropped only around 4 marks so far)
Favourite: MX2 lol (obviously) -oh except conics.

Dachsy

HSC
N/A
Yes. My favorite and best was History Extension. I liked the level of autonomy of in it. Other than the major work, the subject was quite casual.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
My best subject is maths, but I'm starting to get sick of it.
that's not allowed
jk
been doing liek too many hours of ext 2 maths lately i think my head is about to explode

For me, I really like all my subjects (well except English Advanced ahha, but its a lot better now) and my performance has been quite consistent throughout or improving for all of them (although MX2 has been a bit yo-yo). IDK I don't really have any distinct favourites, just really depends on my mood lol (rn its not maths because ive done too much of it)
but I think last year physics was one of my least favourite subjects (teacher couldn't teach lol) about 60% of the time and i ended up 4th in my cohort so there's cases where there's little correlation between enjoyment and performance.

emilios

HSC
Best - MX1
Favourite - MX2

Lol MX1 is too much of the same, gets very boring and tedious. There's much more room for creative questions in MX2. Love the objectivity and logical reasoning of maths (this may have to do with my constant loss of marks in Adv English cos the teacher thinks I didn't make enough textual reference when every freakin second line was textual referencec grrr).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)