• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam Discussion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Not in this particular case, though I could not rule it out elsewhere. More interestingly are you saying they arn't? and Why?

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
i just thought id return the thread to the purpose for which it was originated- muslim extremism.

princess, your article is tragically unfounded as you have merely presented models to support your theory- that extremism stems from Islam and the Quran itself. Coming from an evangelical christian perspective, your assertions aren't even worth discussing. The reason? you obviously lack the necessary skills to analyse and expoun upon certain Quranioc verses which may APPEAR to condone violence.

I find it awafully amusing when hot headed Christians come in here, pointing their fingers accusingly at the Quran as being the root of all violence and wailing about the verses which tell muslims to ' kill the unbelievers', yet are absolutely clueless about the context and purpose of said verses.

Please, Christs children, get off your high horse and get your facts straight.

This'd probably be worth the mention. Have any Chriistians that are maligning the Quran actually read their own Scriptures? The violence which they claim to be in the Quran is absolute childsplay compared to the horror ive seen across nearly every page of the Bible. Food for thought.

firehose

HSC
SabtheLab said:

This'd probably be worth the mention. Have any Chriistians that are maligning the Quran actually read their own Scriptures? The violence which they claim to be in the Quran is absolute childsplay compared to the horror ive seen across nearly every page of the Bible. Food for thought.
Would you like to enlighten me on some examples of what you describe as the "horror" strewn across "every page of the bible"?

How ironic it is that you spend most of your post accusing Christians of knowing nothing about Islam yet criticising it to the core, yet you do exactly the same at the very end.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
firehose said:
How ironic it is that you spend most of your post accusing Christians of knowing nothing about Islam yet criticising it to the core, yet you do exactly the same at the very end.
oooh How ironic....the thread is titled "Criticism of Islam"

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
loquasagacious said:
Not in this particular case, though I could not rule it out elsewhere. More interestingly are you saying they arn't? and Why?
i am saying all cultures are not equal. we must respect the beliefs and values of other cultures but common sense must be applied to when certain cultures practise barbaric acts (ie. the taliban's degradation of women).

to those people who are still cloudy about christianity and islam: both religions encourage high moral standards and spirituality. islam is not a bloodthirsty religion, it is just individuals using the name of islam that are bloodthirsty. i thought that would be very, very obvious. this is selective reading, exactly just like how gays choose to avoid leviticus 18 and 1 corinthians 6:9, but thats a matter for another thread.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Wasn't it Marx who said that religion was the opium of the masses? :)
haha opium of the masses! of course... it is?!

Liberal Scum said:
I'd rather be an unhappy and enlightened than happy and naive.
im interested to kno... what makes u think ure enlightened?

loquasagacious said:
A pessimist is always pleasantly suprised an optimist is doomed to eternal disappointment.
assuming the optimist was wrong :) tho id be pretty cut if the religious were right.. :(

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
this is selective reading, exactly just like how gays choose to avoid leviticus 18 and 1 corinthians 6:9, but thats a matter for another thread.
I thought I quashed you on that one already (see see here for example).

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
what about leviticus 18 (as made famous by cnnnn)? (dont respond in this thread, just PM me)

sabdow

HSC
soha said:
omg u make me want to pull my hair out
fuk you..im not even going to bother anymore
i really dont give a flying fuck anymore
islam is not like that
if it was i would denounce it right here right now
why would i believe in something which is so degrading?..why do i have sources that tell me otherwise?
why do u think "u know islam more then me"
fuck nothing shits me more?.....that website and other various websites are a crock of shit and aim to put islam down...
but no..sasha knows islam to its core
sorry my bad
These "sources" that tell you otherwise are fellow Muslim writers who are proclaiming your religion and sheddling the light on one aspect.

How can you explain these in the right context?

READ IT CAREFULLY, SOHA! DEAR FRIEND!

No wonder there are extremists;

Holy war (Jihad) is a guarantee of heaven.

* Mohammed said, "The person who participates in (Holy battles) in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and His Apostle, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to paradise (if he is killed). " Vol. 1:35

And one more thing, this website isn't to bad mouth the religion. It's just reviewing what is in the Qu'arn. We can understand the context of THESE;

Yawning is from Satan.

* The prophet said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of yuo (during the act of yawning) should say: "Ha", Satan will laugh at him." Vol. 2:158

Stars are missiles which God uses to hit the devils.

* The creation of stars is for three purposes, i.e., as decoration of the sky, as missiles to hit the devils, and as signs to guide travelers. Vol. 2:158

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i changed my sources since soha disapproves of my sources. i now use the same site soha used and still drive the message home, it states exactly the same as any other source i used.

sabdow

HSC
zahid said:
No true muslim questions the islamic faith as revealed by our Prophet Muhammed.

rational islamic followers are the ones that follow ever command of Allah without questioning.
Really? Oh here we go, a contradiction.

Allah is the all-knowing and almight perfect God. Why would I, an imaginary rationalist, need to question his commands to go to a Holy war, for example?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
sabdow said:
Really? Oh here we go, a contradiction.

Allah is the all-knowing and almight perfect God. Why would I, an imaginary rationalist, need to question his commands to go to a Holy war, for example?
sabdow here is the difference... you may be an imaginary rationalist but are you a muslim?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i changed my sources since soha disapproves of my sources. i now use the same site soha used and still drive the message home, it states exactly the same as any other source i used.
the quaran cant be translated perfectly into english
its deep arabic..every letter in it has its own meaning and history
i go to quaran school wher i learn the meaning of each verse in the quaran..ive been there like all year and im only up to the 4th verse
its so in deptph and its hard to translate...also different scholars have differnet opinions on all verses and meanings
dont take anything from it litereally as in how u read it..its got to be looked into
also the arabic language back then is differnet to the arabic now
words change meanings change etc..its so deep and unique..its such a beautiful language
so dont be all like omg we have the same and i still drive the message home
because in all honestly ur not understanding the real message
u have no knowledge or quaranic tafsir. ...its all got to be placed togetehr and understood as a whole...and u pick and choose random verses without understanding the content and history of it
but think what you want...i dont care

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
well its not like you interpret the verses i quote into how its ment to be, all you say is that its out of context and then never bother to explain how it is.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
well its not like you interpret the verses i quote into how its ment to be, all you say is that its out of context and then never bother to explain how it is.
That's a fair call. I'm sure a lot of Islam as read by non-Muslims is not understood how it is by followers of the faith, but an explanation as to the true meaning would help -- instead of just saying that it is incorrect.

K

katie_tully

Deary me @ this thread.

It really has become a debate of he says/she says, Muslims vs Christians, religion vs Non Believers, and thus far I cannot see any of the misunderstandings being resolved.

Muslims need to understand that there ARE other Muslims taking your religion out of context, as you say, and are targeting Westerners. These new anti terror laws are not an assult on Islam as a religion, the laws are an assult on those who wish to use their fanatical religious views to harm others. Is that so hard to believe? All I've seen from people of the Islamic faith is that it's all one big conspiracy to rid the world of Islam. Not at all! It's an attempt to rid the world of those with fanatical religious persuasions, who disagree with a certain way of life.

Christians in this thread need to get off their holier than thou horse, I think we're all aware of the fundamental flaws in the Christian faith.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
bullshit, then you say "oh you just made that up, thats your versionn"
you dont want to accept any other explanation but your own
because if mine makes a bit of sense or logic or its acceptable you reject it because you will always reject islam
that is all

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
because if mine makes a bit of sense or logic or its acceptable you reject it because you will always reject islam
that is all
because if mine makes a bit of sense or logic or its acceptable you reject it because you will always be an extrimist muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)