Islam Discussion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
That's a fair call. I'm sure a lot of Islam as read by non-Muslims is not understood how it is by followers of the faith, but an explanation as to the true meaning would help -- instead of just saying that it is incorrect.
so far sohas and other attempts at explanations showed nothing different to what i was saying. The quotes that show women are seen as inferior, soha mentioned that its all out of contect about 100 times and then she tried to explain that quran sees women as forgetful and hence shouldnt be trusted with stuff liek money. if u cant see that, that is just another way of saying they are inferior , you must be really thick, and my interpretation is not taking anythign out of context

K

katie_tully

Okay fine. Say that Islam is oppressive of women and sees them as inferior. So what? If you're not Muslim, if you can see through the smoke veil and know it's a lot of brainwashed bullshit why are you arguing semantics over the different readings of the religion?
If Soha honestly wishes to believe that she is equal to men in the eyes of her lord, why do we care whether she is mistaken?
Christianity also has a similar stance on women, albeit not to the same degree of severity.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
soha said:
bullshit, then you say "oh you just made that up, thats your versionn"
you dont want to accept any other explanation but your own
because if mine makes a bit of sense or logic or its acceptable you reject it because you will always reject islam
that is all

"logic" and "religion" shouldn't be used in the same sentence :)

Pixydust*

blackfriday said:
you have to draw a line and decide what elements of what culture are defined as 'australian'. even though we are a multicultural society, you cannot come to australia and expect everything to be the same as where you came from. my parents learnt that when they first came here and its worked perfectly.
i did not say that. by saying Australia is culturally tolerant and lets people enjoy the freedom of practising their belief and value systems, i am not implying that it should be extended to all people. What this guy is doing is refusing to accept other people leading their own way of life in his country. As long as some muslim guy doesn't grab you off the street and hound you for dressing suggestively, what right do you have to disagree to their beliefs? AND, in relation to one of the (very poor arguments) earlier mentioned, no muslim community forced McDonalds to open halal stores. They opened it with freedom of enterprise because they saw an opportunity in the market to make money - why else would they do it? Youre not criticising Islam for enforcing its beliefs on you - your criticising it because it is inconsistent with yours.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Christianity also has a similar stance on women, albeit not to the same degree of severity.
No, I would argue the same degree of severity can be found in christianity, it's just that it's not the popular interpretation.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
soha said:
i give up
im liberated
im not inferior and i am equal
im happy
that is all
hmm, looks like you need help.
yes youre equal, however not in the same things. what you have lacking in some areas (ie strength for work. dont quote me and start swearing you asses off!) allah has given it to you in other areas (ie strength for childbearing).

hope that restores some of your energy :)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
NO MORE CRITICISM OF ISLAM WILL BE EXCEPTED BEYOND THIS RED LINE :)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
veterandoggy said:
hmm, looks like you need help.
yes youre equal, however not in the same things. what you have lacking in some areas (ie strength for work. dont quote me and start swearing you asses off!) allah has given it to you in other areas (ie strength for childbearing).

hope that restores some of your energy :)
yeah im willing to accept that
on the day of judgement we will all be judged equally before Allah
men and women....so yeah
man im tired...etc etc

HSC
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
Highly stupid.
What was it... ever 3 seconds someone dies? I'm sure someone could go write about every criminal in the world that killed someone each day. Religion doesn't kill people; people kill people.
Religion gives insecure morons something to cling onto so they know what to do, and hence is a great tool for mass control and brainwashing.

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
They're not all morons
In the broad sense, no, but in the narrow sense of their religious convictions I think that believing something without any logical basis whatsoever is rather foolish.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
yeah im willing to accept that
on the day of judgement we will all be judged equally before Allah
men and women....so yeah
man im tired...etc etc
so will a true good christian person who devotes him/her self to religion , burn in fiery pits of hell because the quran sais theres only allah and "For disbelievers is a painful doom."[2:104 ] . so your good christian friends will die a horrible death or what will happen to them on this judgement day?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Capitalist Pig said:
In the broad sense, no, but in the narrow sense of their religious convictions I think that believing something without any logical basis whatsoever is rather foolish.
Yes I agree, and I would think less likely to be intelligent, but being very intelligent and being foolish/insecure aren't mutually exclusive :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
oh looky here

5:73 They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three;[christians] when there is no God save the One God. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.

hmm, shit i forgot its out of context. what the quran ment was, everyone will dance around a bonfire on judgement day singing kumbaya my allah/lord , holding hands

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
so will a true good christian person who devotes him/her self to religion , burn in fiery pits of hell because the quran sais theres only allah and "For disbelievers is a painful doom."[2:104 ] . so your good christian friends will die a horrible death or what will happen to them on this judgement day?
your point?
they believe im going to hell ..so?
you believe my religon is a lost cause?
dont try and make me feel bad
i dont give a shit

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
your point?
they believe im going to hell ..so?
you believe my religon is a lost cause?
dont try and make me feel bad
i dont give a shit
u never answer any questions. i didnt say what others believe, i asked so your living your life believing that your friends who are christian will go to hell, and you dont care? so that every good christian person u meet in your life u think will go to hell just cuase they are christian ?

i know christians say the opposite but dont use that to cover up what i am asking of u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)