Islam (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
For those that are Muslim, whats it like being muslim, and what do u guys exactly believe and worship, i would like to know from the actual ppl not some website

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
so much to say
dunno where to start
whats it like to be muslim?..
and who do we believe in and worship?
we worship and believe in Allah..the creater..(god)..
we believe in heaven and hell..angels..the day of judgement..good and bad..afterlife..all the prophets the devil and jinn
there are 5 fundamentals of islam
to pray 5 times a day..to fast the holy month of ramadan..to perfrom pilgramage (hadjj)..to give zakaat( give to charity) and most importantly the beleif in god and the oneness in god and that there is no otehr god but Allah..and mohammed is the messenger of god
im soo sleepy..
its great to be muslim..
goodnight

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
soha said:
so much to say
dunno where to start
whats it like to be muslim?..
and who do we believe in and worship?
we worship and believe in Allah..the creater..(god)..
we believe in heaven and hell..angels..the day of judgement..good and bad..afterlife..all the prophets the devil and jinn
there are 5 fundamentals of islam
to pray 5 times a day..to fast the holy month of ramadan..to perfrom pilgramage (hadjj)..to give zakaat( give to charity) and most importantly the beleif in god and the oneness in god and that there is no otehr god but Allah..and mohammed is the messenger of god
im soo sleepy..
its great to be muslim..
goodnight
What more can I say, contrary to popular belief Islam is a religion of peace.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yeah that reminds me
islam is the religon of peace
believe it or not

wow..so many things i could and should add..but i cnat think its like 1.30 am

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
zahid said:
What more can I say, contrary to popular belief Islam is a religion of peace.
Yeah, thats true, its just some fundamentalist bullshiters that are using it as a reason to wage a war against America, is it
Yeah also Christianity is a religion of peace, but most ppl know the religion responsible for the most amount of deaths is Catholicism

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
nekkid said:
:uhhuh:

ummmmmm....

hey..thanks for that post.. its really great.. it makes the following exeplanation so much easier:

well in prayer (salat).. as u can see in the picture.. they are standing next to each other but not close enough.. which is an incorrect way of praying in congergation.. so it's clearly drawn by someone ignorant of Islamic teachings...

when we pray at a mosque or in congregation.. it's actually something that strengthens the unity between people...

u enter a mosque... u stand next to someone u have never met in ur entire life... u offer the prayer not knowing and not caring whether the person beside u is rich.. poor.. educated or uneducated.. but what u do know.. is that they are muslim...

as i said.. the seperation in the picture is incorrect...

u must pray foot to foot, shoulder to shoulder... where no gaps are left for satan to try and sidetrack u from ur prayer and disturb the peace...

I find it funny really how some people look at men with big beards.. as being scary.. because when i actually look at them i feel really happy inside and they make me want to get closer to my religion...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
DaddyK said:
I think its fucked how some muslims think that their god will reward them for killing other people, how fucked is that.
yes it is fucked indeed
i mean in islam..if u take a life the punishment is hellfire
so why would a muslim kill ..especially for no reason
the ones that do..God knows what will become of them

tempco

HSC
zahid said:
That is very STUPID. There is no need for that sort of crap.
physician said:
hey..thanks for that post.. its really great.. it makes the following exeplanation so much easier: etc...
Jeez, talk about missing the big picture. And it's called humour, btw.

How is it like being a Muslim you say? Um, well you have to answer the usual questions when ppl wanna go for a drink at uni:

"Wanna go for a drink?"

"Nah, I think I'll pass."

"Why's that? Got some work to do?"

"Nah, I don't drink. I'm Muslim."

And praying five times a day is something that you have to deal with. I usually pray during my lunch break, and since my uni (UNSW) has a prayer hall (Top floor of the squarehouse, if anyone's interested), I have a place to go to. There are a few pamphlets about Islam there if you're passing by and willing to climb the 4 flights of stairs to get to the top. :D

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
nekkid said:
Jeez, talk about missing the big picture. And it's called humour, btw.

How is it like being a Muslim you say? Um, well you have to answer the usual questions when ppl wanna go for a drink at uni:

"Wanna go for a drink?"

"Nah, I think I'll pass."

"Why's that? Got some work to do?"

"Nah, I don't drink. I'm Muslim."

And praying five times a day is something that you have to deal with. I usually pray during my lunch break, and since my uni (UNSW) has a prayer hall (Top floor of the squarehouse, if anyone's interested), I have a place to go to. There are a few pamphlets about Islam there if you're passing by and willing to climb the 4 flights of stairs to get to the top. :D
you say that as if its a bad thing that u cant go 4 a drink..and that u have to tell ppl people
deal? with praying 5 times a day?
im more then happy to deal with it..its the best time of the day i think neways..

Kulazzi

HSC
Korn said:
For those that are Muslim, whats it like being muslim, and what do u guys exactly believe and worship, i would like to know from the actual ppl not some website
Being a Muslim is wonderful. I am proud to wear a headscarf however that makes me an easy target for those who want to verbally attack me (this incident did happen 3 years ago during school time and not really going into any details my sport teacher told them off). It has also happened randomly, like another incident was when my family and I were going home from a party, my brother was driving and my dad was in the middle row, with the window down when a bunch of adolescents just yelled......stuff.

If you want a summarised version fo what Islam is:

http://www.australiansagainstracism.org/code/resources08.html

Just want to let everyone know:

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
soha said:
you say that as if its a bad thing that u cant go 4 a drink..and that u have to tell ppl people
deal? with praying 5 times a day?
im more then happy to deal with it..its the best time of the day i think neways..
*Sigh* I'm so misunderstood. Personally, I don't think I'm missing out on much by not drinking... I have a lot of non-Muslim friends who don't drink by choice... no biggie.

Realistically speaking, if you have a lecture at upper campus and the prayer hall is at lower campus, you have to deal with it by walking briskly to the prayer hall or even finding a quiet room to pray in nearer to your next lecture hall.

:D

@Kulazzi

Nice billboard.

bekstah

HSC
N/A
if u look into the history of Islam, Allah was named after an idol (statue)
this is your god?

Jacks

HSC
Christians, Jews and muslims all believe in the same God...there are differences in the religions of course...I'm not muslim so correct me if I'm wrong but muslims believe that no human form or vision can grasp God/Allah

Last edited:

bekstah

HSC
N/A
thats not quite true.
Christians, jews do
muslims dont

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)