Islam (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
and you would know how?
it is said in the quran the essentially christianity, judaism and islam had the same roots...ONE GOD....don't propogate stuff with out research...we believe in the same God as christians and Jews. Christian's believe that Jesus was the son of God, we don't, Jews i think believe in Ezra as having an association with God (if you are Jewish and im horribly wrong please correct me) and we don't...the GOD aspect is the same likewise, we just don't associate anyone with him.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Jacks said:
Christians, Jews and muslims all believe in the same God...there are differences in the religions of course...I'm not muslim so correct me if I'm wrong but muslims believe that no human form or vision can grasp God/Allah
you're pretty right...i heard that christians believe that Jesus was the human manifestation of God, we believe he doesn't need a human counterpart...he's all powerful and we know that he is there without a visual aid..if you get me.

p.s. being muslim is greeeeeat

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
i rather be a muslim then an american...if i were american

but im viet!

Jacks

HSC
Ezra brought the Torah from Babylon to the second temple? I'm not Jewish either so I'm not overly sure about the significance of Ezra to the Jewish religion...I'm christian and I don't believe that Jesus was the human manifestation of God...hehe don't know if I'm really meant to. I agree with the muslim idea that God doesn't need a human manifestation...because God is beyond all things like that. Many Christians believe the same thing as muslims do, in that God can not be defined...a lot of work is now being done to rectify the fact God is referred to as "Him" etc...it's all just a sign of the patriarchal time in which the bible was written really.

Last edited:

bekstah

HSC
N/A
if they are so alike, and Jesus was the 'human manifestation of God' then why isnt he widely mentioned at all in the religion, and then theres mohammed where does he come in, where do any of teh islamic disciples come in.
the koran is just a random book written by like scholars who make things up
The Bible is the only true book written by God throught Jesus's hand-picked disciples.

Jacks

HSC
Mohammed is basically the equivalent to Jesus and I say that in the sense that he is the prophet of Islam, forgetting all manifestations of God. He married Aisha (his third wife) who was the daughter of Abu Bakr, who was the first caliph of Islam. Basically Mohammed received the Quran from Allah in a series of visions or something of that nature. I hope no one is offended by my explanations since I'm not muslim...but I did study a bit about the religion and I think I'm on the right track?

The Bible is extremely biased and I'm christian...but you only have to look at the time in which it was written to realise that it expresses the context of the time. The bible is only meant in parts as parable...but it is extremely patriarchial...and the different accounts were written over such a long period of time that we really can not be sure of its accuracy, it's written from a perpective afterall thus it conveys androcentric thoughts etc...which is understandable of course when one considers the conditions in which it was written...but every religion's sacred text is valid in some way.

Last edited:

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Bekstah have u even read the Qu'ran? Jesus is a prophet, as is Moses, Adam, Noah, Lot, Solomon and Mohammed etc. Each one of them is referenced as a prophet...The Qu'ran was not written by scholars as it is written in the most eloquent of Arabic prose, Mohammed was the messenger and thus it was brought down through him, he was forced to recite it as per the will of God...HE DID NOT AND COULD NOT WRITE IT AS HE WAS ILLITERATE...no one has ever been able to produce a work of such linguistic perfection as arabic is an extremely complicated language. The Qu'ran was brought down in prose so as to make it more linguistically palatable and easier to remember in the mind, thus allowing an immediate transcription of it in it's original form...not a single word has ever been changed since it was brought to Earth over 1400 years ago. The eloquence of the Qu'ran is such that even Christian and Western proffesors of literature and linguistics marvel over it's subliminal use of the Arabic language to such perfection.
Bekstah I don't see why you are trying to put down a religion you know absolutely jack about when the question asked by the thread creator was 'WHAT IS IT LIKE TO BE A MUSLIM' seeing as you are not one, why don't you try and propagate mutual love instead of adding to all the hate in the world?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
bekstah said:
if they are so alike, and Jesus was the 'human manifestation of God' then why isnt he widely mentioned at all in the religion, and then theres mohammed where does he come in, where do any of teh islamic disciples come in.
the koran is just a random book written by like scholars who make things up
The Bible is the only true book written by God throught Jesus's hand-picked disciples.
mohammad peace be upon him is the prophet and messenger of God
he was sent down to earth with the message from Allah...to believe and worship Allah
many people have the misconception that we woprship mohammad..no this is wrong
the koran is not a random book written by scholars
the koran is the word of god
bought down to mohammed by the angel gabriel and revealed..as we know it today..untouched the koran
only one version..

we believe the koran bible and torah were all one
because all the prophets who bought the holy books were muslim..except they had different names
like the people who followed jesus..were christians(but they had the same beliefs as muslims)
and the people who followed all the prophets were muslim..but somewhere along the lines in history the holy books were changed
hence the likeness but difference in the 3 main religons christianity islam and judiasm today

in reguards to Allah being named after an idol..statue god?
um no..Allah is the most profound and unique name..and nothing on the face of the planet is called allah
i dont know where u found that from?
Allah is not a statue..nor a human
what ever u imagine in your mind Allah is different from it..hes beyond ones imagination
he is everywhere but nowhere..he exist without a place
has no motehrs fathers or sons and daughters..
he is one and only one..and Mohammad is the messenger of Allah
just to sum it up..
salamz(peace)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
bekstah said:
if u look into the history of Islam, Allah was named after an idol (statue)
this is your god?
i see you've been reading the biased works of Dr. Robert Morey

here's a slight explanation as to the communal origins of words relating to the name of God in the three religions
"Lately, some accusations have been spread, which claimed that the crescent is a “holy symbol” of Islam and that it is originally a pagan symbol. The Christian apologist, Dr. Robert Morey, has spread the argument that the pre-Islamic Semitic world was the home to widespread worship of a moon god or goddess named "Allah". The problem with this kind of speculations, about pre-Islamic deities from the Semitic world, as in this case, is the fact that any inscription prior to the advent of Islam is also prior to the introduction of diacritical marks in the Semitic languages.

Why is this a problem? Well, if one claims to have found evidence of a moon god named "Allah" in Palestine, Syria, or Lebanon, this claim applies to the respective deities of both Christianity and Islam. One of the basic Hebrew words for God, Eloh, can easily be pronounced alah without the diacritical marks. Not surprisingly, the Aramaic word for God is alah! This word, in the standard script or the Estrangela script is spelled alap-lamad-heh (ALH), which are the exactly corresponding letters to the Hebrew eloh. The Arabic word for God, Allah, is spelled in a very similar way. It is even related to the more generic word for deity, ilah.

We notice here the obvious linguistic and etymological connections between the respective words for God, in these closely related Semitic languages. We have, as clear examples: Allah, Alah, and Eloh being related to ilah, Eel, and El, respectively. So, if the tri-theists (or the Trinitarians) want to claim that Allah/Alah was the name of a tribal moon god, and that worship of such a deity is a gross pagan practice, they should not trust their Bible for including this deity in its text! Nor should they believe in Jesus’ calling on this very deity, while on the cross (as per the Biblical account).

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Jacks said:
Basically Mohammed received the Quran from Allah in a series of visions or something of that nature. I hope no one is offended by my explanations since I'm not muslim...but I did study a bit about the religion and I think I'm on the right track?

the angel gabriel came to mohammad and rcited a verse from the koran
prophet mohammad would then recite it after him and it would remain in his memory forever

then he would recite it to his closest companians who then wrote exactly what he said..

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
soha said:
the angel gabriel came to mohammad and rcited a verse from the koran
prophet mohammad would then recite it after him and it would remain in his memory forever

then he would recite it to his closest companians who then wrote exactly what he said..
yup..that's why it was brought down in stages and in prose..so that not a single mistake could be made in it's transcription...as prose is easier to remember..especially in small portions

con-artist

HSC
N/A
Hmm..im nothing in particular................and
I dont even know what i believe..but ive been looking into islam a fair bit.
And there is something about it..compared to other religons i have researched.
And i dunno..it just makes sense..all my questions have been answered with perfect sense..

Also..so many people think its degrading to women..its trapping them..they are nothing in society so on and so forth however..
Ask a muslim woman how she really feels in her head scalf..and what its like for her practicing her religon and how islam treats the women?
I read up alot about women in particular and i was shocked..all my misconceptions erased..once i read the truth i guess you could say

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
uh huh! many people have condemned the women for fully covering their bodies or dressing modestly..but is that not what protects them from unwanted sexual targeting? the head scarf etc or the simple modest dressing of a woman shields from those who are not her relatives or her husband what is not meant to be seen..and so she is largely freed from cat calls and such such as "NICE TITS!!"....i mean...i dont dress in a head scard but i dont make it a point to have a neon sign over my head that says CLEAVAGE THIS WAY with an arrow to my boobs. it's about intent...you are not to be judged by anyone but God, and thus He takes into account your intent before committing an action...if i don't wear a head scarf its not because im being a rebel, it's because it is recommended in the religion..and although i wish i did sometimes it just suits me to be a true muslim in my heart and not detract from the fact that im the same as every other australian person. but to those who wear them good on ya!!

wow i get so passionate about these things

con-artist

HSC
N/A
well..isnt that a bit hypocritical..to be a muslim woman..but u dont even dress like one..or how God has ordered you too?

i know im not muslim..but according to your beliefs...whats stopping you
and for a minute there i thought that was you in your avater..i was going to say your kinda not dressed islamically there at all

you say its recommended..but i read differently..and heard different..its an order..without doing so..its disobeying God..is it not?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
con-artist said:
well..isnt that a bit hypocritical..to be a muslim woman..but u dont even dress like one..or how God has ordered you too?

i know im not muslim..but according to your beliefs...whats stopping you
and for a minute there i thought that was you in your avater..i was going to say your kinda not dressed islamically there at all

you say its recommended..but i read differently..and heard different..its an order..without doing so..its disobeying God..is it not?
God has recommended to wear a head scarf..but it's not essential, the belief is to dress modestly and generally stay covered. like i said its intent that counts too..you could wear a head scarf and be a total skank..but im not..i dress so as to appear respectable and all of my frends know im muslim, i dont go out attracting unwanted sexual attention. this is a recommendation of the religion...but mainly the fundamentals are what count more...and your own moral integrity

p.s. that IS me in my avatar

hehehehe yup..im an overweight gender confused african american ghetto tooth fairy

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
God had ordered the modest dressing of women to not deliberatly present themselves as sex objects...it's only for their own protection...and i listen to that..i just dont wear the head scarf.....one day i might but it is not the be all and end all of modesty and respectability i know millions of stunning muslims who don't wear the head scarf but could undeniably be classified as gems of people religiously, morally and socially

con-artist

HSC
N/A
what nationality are you?
just curious
im aware thatislam is a world wide religon
but i cnat help but wonder

xotic_rose

3 cheers for the tangerine girl!! hip hip... horray!!
we could get into a discussion bout feminism if u want... i may not be muslim... but one shouldnt dress in such a way to distract others about the real beauty and intelligence one (or some. lol. i m jus being mean) has on the inside. although... admittedly miss tangerine lady... any being with 2 legs and nothing in between is bound to attract attention from some stupid shit heads :mad:
oh.... and incase anyone was wondering... i m filo n maltese (australian). mwahahahahaha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)