Israel–Gaza conflict (2 Viewers)

rasengan90

HSC
^^One group that is trying for peace and one that wants war? I don't think they're the same.

tempco

HSC

КГБ

Banned
HSC
it really wont stop until Israel ceases to exist. there really cant be a 2 state solution and i really cant see gulf states accepting Israel.

I rather see the Palestinians who have died recently and those who have died in the past not gone in vein. in the absolutely long run the arab states will get back modern day israel. the demographics and the decline of US power will allow it. not only that the holy land has gone back and fourth for thousands of years, the difference this time is that Europe really dont give a shit as they have embraced secularism whereas the arabs still have the 13th century mind set. ie, fight for the holy land etc

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
it really wont stop until Israel ceases to exist.
The fighting would probably stop if Israel pulled back to 1967 borders and proposed a decent two state solution, you know - one where Palestine is an actual country not just a subservient neighbor of Israel. Doesn't seem like a big ask considering that the settlements on the territories occupied post-67 are very much illegal under the Fourth Geneva Convention (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong). But then again a resolution like this might just egg Hamas on and they might keep trying to push Israel into the Mediterranean.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Thought you all might be interested to read this extract from Dershowitz' Case for Israel:
... no other nation in history faced with comparable challenges has ever adhered to a higher standard of human rights, been more sensitive to the safety of innocent civilians, tried harder to operate under the rule of law, or been willing to take more risks for peace.
As for the comparisons between Israel and Nazi Germany, Sam Harris in The End of Faith had this to say:
The Israelis have shown a degree of restraint in their use of violence that the Nazis never contemplated and that, more to the point, no Muslim society would contemplate today.
He then continued with:
Ask yourself, what are the chances that the Palestinians would show the same restraint in killing Jews if the Jews were a powerless minority living under their occupation and disposed to acts of suicidal terrorism?
It should be noted though that both texts were written well before the current conflict.

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Was that genuine admission that the moral playing field has been somewhat levelled?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Even then, they have lost ~30% of what the UN gave them.

Go back to the borders listed in the 1947 Partition Plan.

heil.
Countries should not have to cede land gained in a defensive war by default etc.

rasengan90

HSC
One offered a possibility of a solution for the Gazans. The other has failed for the last however many years, for the Gazans.

Stop being a dumb cunt.
Peace through war? Well thats fucking great. Thank you for your input, you really are an asshole.

rasengan90

HSC
Only if it is necessary. For Palestine war is not needed to bring peace, unlike what Hamas seems to think.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Only if it is necessary. For Palestine war is not needed to bring peace, unlike what Hamas seems to think.
No, it's not. But it is necessary to gain the support of much of the populace. Many have lost faith in the peaceful, diplomatic process of recognition conducted by Fatah. They look for other options, top of which is insurgency and violence.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
No, it's not. But it is necessary to gain the support of much of the populace. Many have lost faith in the peaceful, diplomatic process of recognition conducted by Fatah. They look for other options, top of which is insurgency and violence.
That's because they're a group of primitive savages who are better dead than alive.

HSC
it really wont stop until Israel ceases to exist. there really cant be a 2 state solution and i really cant see gulf states accepting Israel.

I rather see the Palestinians who have died recently and those who have died in the past not gone in vein. in the absolutely long run the arab states will get back modern day israel. the demographics and the decline of US power will allow it. not only that the holy land has gone back and fourth for thousands of years, the difference this time is that Europe really dont give a shit as they have embraced secularism whereas the arabs still have the 13th century mind set. ie, fight for the holy land etc
I doubt that man. America's decline will be a very slow one considering its heavy investment in higher education and complete dominance in emerging fields such as nano and biotech.

More than likely as international law cements so will Israel's place as a legitimate state.

My 20c is as Israel's Muslim population increases and this group gains greater political representation, Israel's tensions with arabic nations will soften.

Btw - last week the wall street journal was still claiming the 85-90% accuracy on IDF strikes on Hamas military. Is that statistic legit or are they talking out their arse?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
And because many of them believe that they are waging a holy war against the Israelis and have God on their side and the promise of an eternity in Paradise if they die for their cause. Crazy Islams.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
And because many of them believe that they are waging a holy war against the Israelis and have God on their side and the promise of an eternity in Paradise if they die for their cause. Crazy Islams.
Israel needs to start soaking their bullets in pig blood.

Or is that a violation of the Geneva Convention?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)