Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Re: Israeli Gaza Airstrikes

jb_nc said:
lol, maybe the fact that israel are slowly starving the palestinian people with aid blockades and making it near impossible for the barest of essentials to get through
But someone told me in this thread that hamas launch rocket first, then israel beseiged it. Is that true?

Jessica14

HSC

jb_nc said:
im p sure they removed that "DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL" thing from their charter
I have read that before, but this was in the version of their charter that I read.

Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.
I cannot effectively ascertain whether or not this is a totally reliable source, but the full charter was found here:
Hamas Charter

bigb0yjames

HSC

like i said before, in the absolute long run ISRAEL will not exist. its only a matter of time before the whole region goes fuking bezerk and everything from demographics to international political alliances goes against Israel. THERE ARE NO SUCH THING AS ALLIES. countries only have interests. once the United states understand that Israel is no longer incorporated in their regional interest it will not give a 2 shits. no country will put its soldiers on the ground for another country. IT WILL ONLY PUT SOLDIERS ON THE GROUND IF ITS IN ITS OWN BEST INTERESTS.

i just hope to god that i am alive to see Israel is no longer on Google earth.

thankyou

Tristanator

HSC

Having no cultural connections with the middle east, my sympathy goes out to neither country.

In relation to the Gaza Strip however, why can't the Quartet instigate a policy of appeasement?

Let Israel have the Gaza Strip. Its distance from Palastine in the west makes it a totally impractical terratorial area anyway.

If Israel can foot the bill for the resettlement of the Gazan population then why not?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

jessica said:
I agree that the proportion of civilians killed so far is call for concern and that the imminent terrestrial offensive is likely to increase the number of fatalities, but I must disagree with you on the point that the Israeli soldiers will kill indiscriminately. This attack has already gained far too much negative press for the Israeli government and its people. How do you think the rest of the civilised world will react when Al Jazeera shows footage of soldiers cutting through hoards of defenceless civilians? I believe that they will distinguish militants from non-combatants and if they're armed, then they're not civilians. At least not in the eyes of the Israeli army and the Palestinians would have worked this out by now. They will be steering clear of weaponry if they want to stay alive.
Mmm because Israel has always shown concern for Arab civililians and what the rest of the world thinks of them. They know they can get away with mowing down Arabs because the US needs them there. I can imagine the discussion between Livni and Rice right now.

Rice: We express official concern over your approach to the Palestinian civillian population, and desire more care to be taken.

Livni: Noted, but ignored.

Rice: You continue to be an important ally to us in the region.

Fin

jessica said:
Well, the British did succeed in wiping out most of the Indigenous Australian population and they threw spears back at them. Again, the greatest difference between the two situations is the era in which they occurred. I eagerly anticipate your response, Nebs.
Ok. Israel still sucks though.

jessica said:
and Israel is not the only country to respond in this manner. The US invaded both Afghanistan and Iraq (I know that you probably disagree with both). One was a retaliatory strike against a militant terrorist group residing in the country and the other was a pre-emptive strike. There is also the consideration that the US government was attempting to remove an oppressive dictatroship, but that is not the basis of my argument.
Wrong. The two situations were quite different, as the magnitude of 9/11 was somewhat different to the magnitude of random cattle killings in Israel.

Regardless of this, it was deemed to be a necessary military operation in each case. For both the American and the Israeli government, it comes down to a matter of whether or not the ends justify the means.
This is what we're debating cumstain. This is not a given. In mine and pretty much every other country on earths opinion, this and Iraq were unessecary and aggressive.

I'd love to know how the Israeli government's documents and whatever deem it as neccessary. They'd be pretty hilarious to read over.

chewy123 said:
Can you tell me about more? Is there a link to a newspaper article or something?
Like, WWII and its aftermath mang.

---

I too hope I am alive the day Israel ceases to exist. I shall adorn my walls with pictures of dead Israeli children, with their spineless corpses painted in a shade of brilliant vermillion over the streets of Tel Aviv.

tristanator said:
Let Israel have the Gaza Strip. Its distance from Palastine in the west makes it a totally impractical terratorial area anyway.
YES LET US GIVE IT TO ISRAEL, NEVER MIND THE ONE MILLION PEOPLE THAT LIVE THERE.

What a fucking moronic statement. I hope you get better at this before your HSC comes around, slut.

banco55

HSC

bigb0yjames said:
like i said before, in the absolute long run ISRAEL will not exist. its only a matter of time before the whole region goes fuking bezerk and everything from demographics to international political alliances goes against Israel. THERE ARE NO SUCH THING AS ALLIES. countries only have interests. once the United states understand that Israel is no longer incorporated in their regional interest it will not give a 2 shits. no country will put its soldiers on the ground for another country. IT WILL ONLY PUT SOLDIERS ON THE GROUND IF ITS IN ITS OWN BEST INTERESTS.

i just hope to god that i am alive to see Israel is no longer on Google earth.

thankyou
I think given the demographics (the arab Israelis apparently don't like contraception) there's going to be some sort of civil war in Israel by 2030 or so. Of course that assumes that there is not a nuclear exchange between Israel and Iran/one of it's arab neighbors before then.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

anyone know a good site for live score updates?

who's winning? is it half time yet?

Jessica14

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Mmm because Israel has always shown concern for Arab civililians and what the rest of the world thinks of them. They know they can get away with mowing down Arabs because the US needs them there. I can imagine the discussion between Livni and Rice right now.

Rice: We express official concern over your approach to the Palestinian civillian population, and desire more care to be taken.

Livni: Noted, but ignored.

Rice: You continue to be an important ally to us in the region.

Fin

Ok. Israel still sucks though.
The Israeli government still needs the support of the international community. Between globalisation, trade and policies involving counter-terroriam, Israel cannot just rely on the US to bail them out. I believe that they will not "mow down" Arabs simply because they can.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Wrong. The two situations were quite different, as the magnitude of 9/11 was somewhat different to the magnitude of random cattle killings in Israel.
Yes, theoretically their situations differ greatly, although I think that Hamas a doing more than slaughtering cattle, but their reasoning for military action is quite similar, and that reasoning is what they will use to justify these "war crimes."

Nebuchanezzar said:
This is what we're debating cumstain. This is not a given. In mine and pretty much every other country on earths opinion, this and Iraq were unessecary and aggressive.

I'd love to know how the Israeli government's documents and whatever deem it as neccessary. They'd be pretty hilarious to read over.
I'm not going to formulate an opinion over whether or not the ends justify the means. The more I think about it, the more I think that we Australians do not really understand what is happening in the dark world of terrorism. We felt the effects of 9/11, but not like the Americans. Our country was not rocked to the core. And we do not know what it is like to live in fear of constant mortar/rocket attacks, airstrikes or suicide bombings like many people in the Middle East. It makes me wonder whether or not any of us can formulate an appropriate opinion, and until I reach the stage of enlightenment, I'm not going to "pick a side" in this struggle. I'm standing by the facts.

Nebuchanezzar said:
I too hope I am alive the day Israel ceases to exist. I shall adorn my walls with pictures of dead Israeli children, with their spineless corpses painted in a shade of brilliant vermillion over the streets of Tel Aviv.
That's terrible! There are innocent civilians there, too.

Nebuchanezzar said:
YES LET US GIVE IT TO ISRAEL, NEVER MIND THE ONE MILLION PEOPLE THAT LIVE THERE.
Agreed. Bad solution.

Jessica14

HSC

And I resent being called cumstain, Nebs. Can we keep this debate civilised? If that's at all possible.

4theHSC

HSC

Schroedinger said:
Post reserved :D
wow man... your still defending Isreal? and why do you have people in your sig that say they are Pro- Isreali when in fact you and 2 others are the only ones that are? I mean your putting up names of people that disagree with you completely... don't you think that you should give up already and come to a realisation that very very few people do support Isreal?

Come on man surely you would have realised that 40 pages later your argument is not being supported...

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Einstein was smart.

Einstein was Jewish.

Therefore, Einstein was Israel.

/end argument

bigb0yjames

HSC

stazi said:
Einstein was smart.

Einstein was Jewish.

Therefore, Einstein was Israel.

/end argument
OMFG

i love Einstein.

Einstein was jewish

therefore, i love ISRAEL

/end argument

bigb0yjames

HSC

Musk said:
Also - for BBJ

The foreign nature of the "Wahhabis" is juxtaposed to locally authentic forms of indigenous Islam. In this manner, opponents of Salafism inject nationalism into religious discourse by raising the specter of foreign influence. The Salafi movement itself, however, never uses this term. In fact, one would be hard pressed to find individuals who refer to themselves as Wahhabis or organizations that use "Wahhabi" in their title or refer to their ideology in this manner (unless they are speaking to a Western audience that is unfamiliar with Islamic terminology, and even then usage is limited and often appears as "Salafi/Wahhabi").

Wiki - 2009
wahabi = cult

/end

Aryanbeauty

HSC

I am disappointed by Israeli leaders consideration of having International monitoring force for a ceasefire. War is a necessity and until each and every hamas member is killed, Israel will never be safe and peaceful. The war must go on and the killing of terrorist must be stepped up. :(

4theHSC

HSC

Schroedinger said:
Defending implies they've done something wrong.
You still think they haven't? :confused:

Schroedinger said:
Because I'm illustrating how utterly retarded the whole concept is :D
why waste your time? really?

Schroedinger said:
You don't have that bright a future ahead of you, do you kid? Very few people on this FORUM do and that's because 10% are making a logical decision 20% are blinded by ideology and 70% are blinded by religion.
you sound like your 50... I don't see how having a logical answer and believing in a religion be an obstacle for my very bright future :haha:

Schroedinger said:
I'm supporting it, just because you kids are too utterly brainwashed to accept it doesn't mean it lacks the support. Hell, Israel has the support of the most powerful country in the world.
again... your not much older than us... and so what if Isreal has the US backing it? many of the people in the US are jews anyways... and so politicians have to make promises and some bullshitting to get their votes... If your so fascinated by the US... maybe you should move there?

Schroedinger said:
Work on:

- Statistics
- Understanding that people have different perspectives from you
- Basic evidence/logic skills
- Argumentative abilities
Its not a bad thing to take constructive criticism... but honestly I do think that these things are easily covered... it's just that i cbb getting you statistics and shit like that... hey the map was some kind of a statistic! :party:

Schroedinger said:
Okay, sunbeam :D. BTW, is that you in your photo, you're a bit of a cutie.
gayness.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
I am disappointed by Israeli leaders consideration of having International monitoring force for a ceasefire. War is a necessity and until each and every hamas member is killed, Israel will never be safe and peaceful. The war must go on and the killing of terrorist must be stepped up. :(
Israel is attempting the impossible and therefore it is destined to fail.

Hamas was a nothing organisation which nobody new about 20 years ago. It was Israel who funded and propped up Hamas in order to weaken Yasser Arafat, Fatah and the PLO. Besides Hamas is not the problem here. If every member of Hamas died and the Hamas dissolved nothing would change.

Israel is not attacking Hamas, rather they are attacking at the Gazans willingness to resist Israeli occupation and Israeli oppression. What the Gazans need to do is make a statement to the international community saying it will never cease to resist, and Israel needs to stop blockading the entrance of basic neccessities needed for life from entering Gaza. Also, Israel should end COGAT and stop attempting to control Gaza's borders. Gaza can no longer be Israel's concentration camp.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

death to israel (dti)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

lol today israel killed 1 hamas militant and 15 members of his family. awesome. peace be upon israel for defending itself from bottle rockets.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

A new WorldPublicOpinion.org poll of 18 countries finds that in 14 of them people mostly say their government should not take sides in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Just three countries favor taking the Palestinian side (Egypt, Iran, and Turkey) and one is divided (India). No country favors taking Israel's side, including the United States, where 71 percent favor taking neither side.
George Washington's warnings and U.S. policy towards Israel - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)