Israel–Gaza conflict (2 Viewers)

Edu.kid

HSC
Zionist said:
The UN Security Council approved a resolution Thursday calling for an immediate and durable cease-fire between Hamas and Israeli forces now fighting in the Gaza Strip.

The vote was 14-0, with the United States abstaining.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said the United States "fully supports" the goals, text and objectives of the resolution but abstained because the US "thought it important to see the outcomes of the Egyptian mediation" with Israel and Hamas, aimed at achieving a cease-fire.

The vote followed three days of intense negotiations between ministers from key Arab nations and the council's veto-wielding Western powers - the United States, Britain and France.

Jerusalem quickly responded to the decision by saying that no UN resolution would dictate when Israel would end its operation in Gaza. Senior officials told Israel Radio early Friday morning that only the achievement of goals defined by the Security Cabinet would establish the cessation of military activity. :headbang:
With Obama coming into office nothing will change seeing as how his right hand man is a former Israeli Soldier-Emaneul.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
What? I've only posted under a single voice. Tully and the other kids support me, and furthermore, logic and truth is on our side.
LMAO!

Zionist

HSC
Edu.kid said:
With Obama coming into office nothing will change seeing as how his right hand man is a former Israeli Soldier-Emaneul.
of course White House Chief of Staff is Jewish, The President of France is Jewish too, you arab stand no chance give it up already , pack your belongings and leave for the desert of Saudi Arabia where you belong! :guitar:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/08/israel.gaza/index.html

Israeli strike kills at least 1 aid worker, U.N. says

GAZA CITY, Gaza (CNN) -- Israeli forces fired on a U.N. aid convoy Thursday in Gaza, killing at least one contract worker and prompting the U.N. to halt some of its operations in Gaza, U.N. officials said.
The U.N. has "lost confidence" in the Israeli military's attempts to allow humanitarian aid into the Palestinian territory, the U.N. Relief and Works Agency's director said.
Meanwhile, the U.N. Security Council late Thursday overwhelmingly approved a resolution calling for an immediate cease-fire in Gaza.
Fourteen of the council's 15 members voted in favor of the resolution -- with U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice abstaining from the vote.
Hours before the resolution was approved, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon demanded an investigation into the convoy incident he said killed two contract workers near the Israel-Gaza border. UNRWA director John Ging said one aid worker was killed.
Ging expressed frustration with the Israeli military, which he said cleared the convoy to travel into Gaza.
"We are perfectly willing to take risks, but something has to change," Ging told reporters from Gaza City. "If they give us the clearance to move, it is [unacceptable] that their soldiers are firing on us from the ground."

Ging said an Israeli liaison did not dispute that Israeli forces fired on the vehicle. Four U.N. staffers have been killed since Israeli airstrikes on Gaza began December 27, and two U.N. schools in the territory used as civilian shelters have also been hit by the Israeli military.
The aid agency provides food and relief supplies to some 80 percent of Gaza's 1.5 million people, but it says it has been unable to reach many Palestinians or assess the situation in Gaza during the Israeli military offensive.
The absence of foreign journalists -- whom Israel has barred from entering Gaza -- is preventing the truth about conditions there from getting out, Ging said.
"We have horrific stories coming out now. ... You have to brace yourself for more," Ging said. "This is a horrific situation."
Red Cross workers on Wednesday found numerous wounded Palestinians in the neighborhood of Zaytun, the organization said in a statement. The injured included four children, too weak to stand, next to their dead mothers in a house containing 12 corpses, the International Committee of the Red Cross said.
Palestinian medical sources said Thursday that 765 Palestinians have died in Gaza -- nearly 40 percent of them women and children -- since the Israeli military operation began. Three Israeli soldiers died in the fighting on Thursday, bringing to 10 the number of Israeli soldiers killed in the operation.
Three Israeli civilians and one of those soldiers have been killed in rocket strikes from Gaza.
The Israeli military says its operation is aimed at halting the firing of rockets into southern Israel by Hamas, which has controlled Gaza since 2007. But militants have continued to fire dozens of rockets and mortar shells on southern Israel since Israel launched its military operation.
More than 20 rockets were fired into Israel on Thursday, Israeli police said.
The mounting death toll and humanitarian concerns in Gaza are being addressed by cease-fire proposals now being considered by Israeli and Palestinian diplomats in Egypt.
Israel continued its military operations in Gaza even during a three-hour period in which it said it would halt its offensive activities to allow for "humanitarian activities."
At least 50 trucks carrying aid were allowed into Gaza on Thursday, but it is unclear if any of the supplies were distributed to civilians.
Much of the U.N.'s aid is stuck at the Kerem Shalom border crossing because the private company that drives the aid in is refusing to enter Gaza "because the situation is too dangerous," U.N. Humanitarian Affairs chief John Holmes said.
Israel has periodically opened some of its borders with Gaza to allow aid into the territory during the military campaign.
Ambulance crews struggled Thursday to deliver patients through the Gaza-Egypt crossing, drivers said. Mohammed Hamid, a Palestinian driver, told CNN Israeli forces are stopping ambulances evacuating the wounded.
During the three-hour "truce" on Thursday, large explosions could be heard from central Gaza and small arms fire from northern Gaza, according to CNN's Ben Wedeman, reporting from along the Israel-Gaza border.
Also, Israeli armored bulldozers demolished a home in Gaza "just as the lull was supposed to go into effect," he said.
Video shot from the border showed the home -- with two white flags flying on the roof -- crumble to the ground as the bulldozers plowed into its side and roll over the debris.
"We saw a man coming out of that house with a white flag and until now we have seen no sign of any military activity in that area," Wedeman reported. "There have been no shots fired from that house."
The Israeli military had no comment on the incident. A three-hour truce on Wednesday was also marred by fighting which Israeli officials said were in retaliation for Hamas attacks on Israeli forces.
Separately, four rockets fired from southern Lebanon landed near the northern Israeli city of Nahariya Thursday, leaving two people with minor injuries. The Israeli military returned fire across the border and suggested that residents of northern Israel stay near their shelters.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility. Hezbollah assured the Lebanese government that it was not responsible for the attacks, the Lebanese information minister said.
Hezbollah has kept a tight rein on its forces in southern Lebanon since the cease-fire following its war with Israel in 2006. A number of Palestinian factions operate in southern Lebanon as well.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24891045-601,00.html

Israel shelled Gaza house crowded with civilians: UN

January 09, 2009

THE UN has cited witnesses saying Israeli forces evacuated about 110 Palestinians into a house which they then repeatedly shelled 24 hours later, killing about 30 people.

It said that "according to several testimonies, on 4 January Israeli foot soldiers evacuated approximately 110 Palestinians into a single-residence house in Zeitun (half of whom were children) warning them to stay indoors. Twenty-four hours later, Israeli forces shelled the home repeatedly, killing approximately 30".
The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs called it "one of the gravest incidents since the beginning of operations" by Israeli forces in Gaza on December 27.
"Those who survived and were able walked two kilometres to Salah Ed Din road before being transported to hospital in civilian vehicles. Three children, the youngest of whom was five months old, died upon arrival at the hospital," OCHA said in a report on the situation in the battered Gaza Strip.
Asked for comment an Israeli military spokesman said the allegation was being investigated as were other claims that civilians were fired upon and that troops failed to help wounded civilians.
Yep, so much for israel asking civilians to evacuate.

*Repeatedly shells home in which they asked palestinians to hide in*:shoot::shoot::shoot:

:cold:

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
moll. said:
Oh right. The original plan. I thought that there had been an updated one introduced since 1967.
Nah 1967 is when Egypt and Jordan attacked Israel and got there arse's kicked in 6 days.

m00

HSC
John Oliver said:
I like how the one decent post I made doesn't get responded to but all the trolls do. :D You guys are wonderful.
we decided to start ignoring any of your serious attempts after the large amount of horse shit you exposed us to

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
John Oliver said:
Moment of Honesty: 600+ dead civilians is a travesty, and it shows how utterly outdated and ineffectual the Israeli military tactics are. It also consolidates the notion that the Israelis really don't care for the Palestinians at all.

Whilst I feel it undermines and excoriates Israel's tactics, I do not feel it has any impact on their mandate to protect and secure their borders and their people.
How does it show ineffectual tactics? Seems stunningly effective to me. I suspect that this is the point of the operation.

I dont suppose that Israel has any right to 'care' for the Palestinians randomly firing rockets at Israeli civilians. It has a responsibility, perhaps sacred, to protect its land and people - its very sovereignty. These are tragic actions, sure, but no one is blaming Israel any more than they are blaming Palestine.

Both sides must renounce violence, but my feeling is that Palestine is the one dragging their feet on this. I am sympathetic to the desperate situation of Israel, the compelling reasons and terrific urgency to strike them down with God's own thunder. A people should know when they are beaten

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
mrcalkin said:
nah it will be some europeans i.e french, german. Turkey has too many other problem to deploy in Gaza
Um, no, it's Turkey who'll be sending the bulk of the peacekeeping force under the French-Egyptian peace plan, and Turkey has agreed to do so.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Interestingly, Egypt is backing Israel and their President has now publically stated that Hamas must be displaced.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
John Oliver said:
Their mission is to ostensibly eradicate Hamas. Their current ratio of Hamas to Civilian casualties would seem to be somewhat lacking in efficacy.
I'm reading the mission as more aimed at demoralizing terrorists and making it as clear as possible to anyone still iffy about Israel that they are here to stay. Seems to be a powerful demonstration of their total strategic domination over the Palestinians, aimed to finally break their exhausted, bizarre and hateful struggle to unconditionally 'drive the Zionists into the sea'.
I'm sick to death of the middle east. Palestinian leadership clearly needs to make serious concessions regarding Israel's right to exist and defend herself. They have lost! These things happen!

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
I think there is a larger aspect at work here.

I think this is about disempowering Iranian-backed Hamas and other terrorist groups (and thus Iran itself).

I also think that's why Egypt is so strongly (for an Arab state) supporting Israel on this. Egypt sure as fuck doesn't want Iran or Iranian religious extremism on its doorstep. And Egypt knows full well that's what would happen if public support swung to Hamas on this.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Trefoil said:
*trefoil insanity*
I honestly can not believe how susceptible to propoganda you are. Even when the propoganda campaigns end you're still regurgitating the used up rhetoric.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)