Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Jordan has recalled its ambassador to Israel. Jordan was a relatively pro-Israeli government, was it not?

Zionist

HSC
The fighting must go on, until 10,000 Hamas terrorists are killed. This is a rare chance for Israel to inflict maximum damage to Hamas terrorist group. I don't care whether a UN aid worker is killed or not. Perhaps they should be careful when feeding terrorists and their supporters.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
John Oliver said:
Whatever alex jones brah amero brah jews are lizard people aye
Wait so are you denying that the Israeli forces killed a U.N aid worker? I believe you can easily find ample sources which would prove otherwise.

Also as far as PressTV goes, it's mostly the viewers who you will find some of have extreme views. But as for the program, it's on the british television, so that's pretty telling. It's far from radical or extreme except for the fact that it provides an alternative view.

Jordan has recalled its ambassador to Israel. Jordan was a relatively pro-Israeli government, was it not?
They weren't pro-Palestinian that's for sure.

m00

HSC
Zionist said:
The fighting must go on, until 10,000 Hamas terrorists are killed. This is a rare chance for Israel to inflict maximum damage to Hamas terrorist group. I don't care whether a UN aid worker is killed or not. Perhaps they should be careful when feeding terrorists and their supporters.
why do you even get up in the morning man?

Zionist

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
No Jordan is NOT pro Israel but certainly not Pro Hamas Terrorist either, just like most Arab governments nowadays. They knew that terrorists like Hamas pose more threat to their national security than Israel! :devil:

Arabique

HSC
Iron said:
I'm reading the mission as more aimed at demoralizing terrorists and making it as clear as possible to anyone still iffy about Israel that they are here to stay. Seems to be a powerful demonstration of their total strategic domination over the Palestinians, aimed to finally break their exhausted, bizarre and hateful struggle to unconditionally 'drive the Zionists into the sea'.
I'm sick to death of the middle east. Palestinian leadership clearly needs to make serious concessions regarding Israel's right to exist and defend herself. They have lost! These things happen!
What a stupid, one-sided, limited outlook on such a complex issue.

Israel's right to exist? How about that right for the Palestinians? For the Israelis think that a Jewish life is forever, and shall forever be more valuable than a Palestinian life.

Israel needs to stop shelling UN schools, stop bombing children and women and let food and medicine come to those that have been "mistakenly fired on", because they were hiding behind so-called "terrorists".

And to top it all off, Hamas was an elected government of the Palestinian people. How can you encourage Israel's democracy and yet deny that of the Palestinians? Like I said, a feeling of racial superiority.

And of course they would want to drive Zionists into the sea, for the Zionists deny the right for Palestinians to live in the lands of what is now Israel. At least if you were in the sea you could swim to safety, and not be completely blockaded by another country, one that refuses your right of return and to seek refuge.

So let Israel kill anoter 100 or so Palestinian kids, and watch as they say they were a threat to their "national security".

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Ah that's ridiculous we're wasting valuable time theyre gettin ready to clobber us

HSC
Scissors said:
fuck, those videos are actually pretty sad. i only watched the first two.

Mhm. The first one with the little girl is pretty sad. & there was one with the Israeli woman calling the Palestinian one a whore [not sure if that was number 2] but yeah. They're all pretty sad.

John Oliver said:
I'm certain that that's a factor, though you do have to mitigate the portrayal of the Israeli troops as monsters given the degree of bias in the materials you've produced.
yep i realise that, but people here seem to think it's fine getting articles about how bad Palestinians are, or youtube links with 'omgomgomg bomb in civilian homes omgomgomg' so i don't find my links that bad; plus even though it's 'bias' in showing one side of the argument, it's still true.

They used to occupy Gaza and they returned it.
That's only one place though, what about the 10,000+ homes which were destroyed because of the Israelis making a billion barriers/walls/etc? Or the people who once lived near the borders, they all had to move, did they get their homes back? Or the people living in refugee camps? What about their homes? What about the people who were born in Jerusalem who cannot go back because they're not seen as 'citizens'?

Welcome to colonialism. Do we return all lands to their indigenous owners? The Ottoman empire collapsed, to the victors go the spoils, basically.

The UN can't give NZ to Australia because they aren't an occupying colonialist power. Were the NZ government in a complete state of collapse and NZ in a state of Anarchy, I'm sure Australia would annex NZ.

Those are vastly different situations. Whilst there had been quite a lot of Jewish emigration to then Palestine, the creation of Israel was after the absolute horrors of the Holocaust, and to provide the Jews with a protection that such an atrocity would never happen again.
I see, thanks for explaining.
I'm not going into the history of Aus, since that'll need a thread of it's own.
About NZ, would it be accepted though? Whatever government it is, do you think the people will just agree with the change in power/not mind another country ruling their own country? I mean if Aus was to take over NZ [for whatever reason] then NZers would need 'Australian citizenship' etc, what makes you think they won't mind?

Same with the Palestinians, there are some who couldn't care less about Israel, theyre just pissed off because the Israelis keep attacking them. Israel said they weren't in this war to bring down Hamas, how do you think the Palestinians feel about this? You think they'll think it's perfectly acceptable? 'Oh what the hell, Israel is right, let them kill our children :D'? Honestly people ... >.<

About the last paragraph, as moll [i think] said before, the holocaust was a long time ago, the victims of the holocaust are basically all dead now, why do they still have the land if they were given it because of that reason? I mean it's not like the rest of the Israelis currently alive have anything to cry about, sure they get bombed every now and again, but the Palestinians still have it worse.

Yeah they ran to Israel to get away from the Nazis only to be delivered back into the Nazis hands in blocks by the British (Immigration quotas) or by the Palestinian authorities at the time (Who were aligned with the Nazis, much like Italy and other vast tracts of the Middle East such as Iraq)
That is very sad, but once again it should not play a role in who owns a country.

'Telling them off'. You're equating genocide on a mass scale to wipe out an ethnocultural population as 'telling them off'? Are you high?
Nup, i was referring to before the holocaust; the Europeans moving to Israel to get away from the anti semestic attitudes.

Israel only expanded its borders when it was attacked (Excluding Golan Heights and illegal settlements) and withdrew from gaza to the outcry of much of the Israeli population.
Oh PLEASE! They've been kiling people for some time now, they send people to gaol whenever they please, they torture people and then they steal more land. If the people really cared, they'd stand up to their government and it's actions which are breaching human rights.

They returned gaza and look how well that worked out for them.
Maybe, just maybe, this has something to do with the way Israeli soldiers treat the Palestinian civilians?
The Israelis gave the Palestinians Gaza, but they attack them, they hurt them both physically and mentally. Should they forever be greatful? Should they love the Israelis for giving them Gaza, even though they treat them like shit.

Completely unnecessary, I could show you 400x more photos of Islamic extremists committing atrocities. Make the argument on facts or don't make it at all, emotion clouds judgement and causes such atrocities to occur.
Suicide bombings? Throwing rocks at Israelis? Or like the video you linked before? I've seem heaps of those, and none of them make me change my mind. How about YouTube - TheJIDF's Channel ? :)

Those images and the videos i showed before weren't manipulated. Unless you have some evidence that they were manilpulated or that the people in the images aren't Israeli/Palestinian, then its not fact. But last time i checked, photographic truth was still heavily relied on; stories aren't seen as 'real' if their isn't photographic evidence. :)

If the Israelis treat the Palestinians with a tiny bit of respect, things can change; as long as they treat the Palestinians like animals there won't be peace in the area.

BTW; i'm not really pro Hamas, or Hezballah. I think Hamas is a part of the Palestinian government, and people need to accept that. But the only thing i support them for, is that they want freedom for Palestinians. I support anyone wanting to help the Palestinians, since the rest of the world seems to watch as they die. &i know Hamas is partly to blame, but as we said, Israel started this as a shit excuse to kill people therefore Hamas hasn't done anything wrong, so far, IMO.

Edit: sorry for the huge reply.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
ShiftyIceQueen said:
That's only one place though, what about the 10,000+ homes which were destroyed because of the Israelis making a billion barriers/walls/etc? Or the people who once lived near the borders, they all had to move, did they get their homes back? Or the people living in refugee camps? What about their homes? What about the people who were born in Jerusalem who cannot go back because they're not seen as 'citizens'?
Not to mention Nazareth (pretty much 3/4 of the North District), Golan Heights, West Jerusalem, West of West Jerusalem, Beersheba, and part of the Negev.

Q

quirkyfly

This is absolutely unbelievable!
How can you support israel?!

If you are supporting of innocent people being slaughtered by zionists then you are sick!
israel (undeserving of a capital i) is funded billions upon billions of dollars frequently. By the time you finish reading this, one million dollars will be in their pockets. They have a 'defence' force. DEFENCE FROM WHAT?
Hamas is a LEGITIMATE, DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GROUP.
DEFENCE FROM WHAT?
People who are trying TO SEEK REFUGE? INNOCENT CIVILIANS? CHILDREN? WOMEN? MEN?
How DARE they murder Palestinians! How dare they take away their necessities! I hope those ruthless zionist pigs burn in hell for all eternity, they will pay for each life they stole.

I hope karma bitch-slaps you in the face excruciatingly hard if you support israel, and YOU get to feel what it is like to lose your family, your home and everything you ever had.

I SPIT ON iSRAEL AND ANYBODY WHO SUPPORTS THEM.

I AM PALESTINIAN. FREE PALESTINE. LONG LIVE PALESTINE.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hamas sanctions terrorism against another state - that's not legitimate. If they cant police their own people's murderous urges then they have no right to legitimacy

Gerald10

HSC
I can't see how anyone can believe that there is an absolute right or wrong in this conflict. It is a tremendously complex situation where both sides are culpable to some degree.

NotNeb

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Hamas sanctions terrorism against another state - that's not legitimate. If they cant police their own people's murderous urges then they have no right to legitimacy
a) Nor is this massacre legitimate
b) Israel cannot and does not police its citizens murderous urges (children write messages on bombs, for instance)

Hence, Israel has no right to legitimacy

Also, the land is not theirs.

^_^

Q

quirkyfly

Iron said:
Police their own people's murderous urges? America, has the highest murder rate in the entire world, why don't you march up to bush, and tell him he can't control his people's murderous impulses?
Hamas was elected through a fair voting system. We are under a siege, we have every right to retaliate. Unlike, so called 'civilised' countries (america) who rampage through Iraq, killing over a million people over non-existent weapons of mass destruction.
israel planned the attack on Gaza for SIX MONTHS. 'Operation Cast Lead' was not an act of defence, it was a plot to committ GENOCIDE, AND WIPE OUT THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE.

You don't know what it is like. You're just a bystander who absorbs media and propoganda like sponge, to the SHOCKING EXTENT that you're advocating the murder of innocents!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scissors

HSC
quirkyfly said:
Police their own people's murderous urges? America, has the highest murder rate in the entire world, why don't you march up to bush, and tell him he can't control his people's murderous impulses?
Hamas was elected through a fair voting system. We are under a siege, we have every right to retaliate. Unlike, so called 'civilised' countries (america) who rampage through Iraq, killing over a million people over non-existent weapons of mass destruction?
israel planned the attack on Gaza for SIX MONTHS. 'Operation Cast Lead' was not an act of defence, it was a plot to committ GENOCIDE, AND WIPE OUT THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE.

You don't know what it is like. You're just a bystander who absorbs media and propoganda like sponge, to the SHOCKING EXTENT that you're advocating the murder of innocents!

:spin:

another rock thrower. i thought i was the only rock thrower on this website.

NotNeb

Banned
HSC
Do you have a serious opinion, comrade Scissors? I'd like to hear it.

Scissors

HSC
i think palos need to oust hamas asap and elect a new government. hamas is doing nothing to better the lives of those it has a duty of care to. all it's doing is aggravating the situation.

palestinians need a leader who isn't as hell bent on destroying israel. a leader who's willing to work alongside israel, or atleast attempt to work alongside israel to forge an agreement that'd suit both parties.

everyone knows that israel just can't be beaten. hamas' 1990-built rockets aren't going to make israel any weaker.

that, mr. notneb is my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)