Israel and Palestine (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Re: Peace in Israel-Palestine

The only road block to peace in the region is Israel's refusal to recognize non jews in the region as human beings, going on and on about Hamas's refusal to recognize Israel's right to exist is a convenient way of passing responsibility on to the victims. Even if Hamas became buddies with them, Israel has a long list of excuses that the rest of the world is willing to accept at a moments notice.
What the fuck are you talking about? They have universal Suffrage and common law courts.

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A

Israel consistent imperial rule of Palestine is no different from the British imperial rule over the Indian subcontinent, in fact its far worse.

Anyone with an iota of intelligence would stand by the Palestinians as a revolutionary guerrilla war can be far more consistent with freedom principles than any inter-State war.

People do not wake up one day wishing they want to be part of a war. Its something that grows over time where people see injustice, prejudice, discrimination, lack of representation, treated sub human, economic sanctions etc etc.

Last edited:

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

The Palestinians never actually 'owned' it; it was taken from the Syrians and due to it's immense strategic importance, Israel would only ever hand it back if it had a 110% guarantee that doing so would mean it would never ever get attacked (which is highly unlikely).
Palestine would give it up only if there was a guarantee that Israel wouldn't attack (or "defend itself") Palestine. What's yr point n00b?

fking israliest

B_B_J

Banned
HSC

Which country in the Middle East actually possesses nuclear weapons?

Israel.

Which country in the Middle East refuses to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty?

Israel.

Which country in the Middle East refuses to allow international inspections of its nuclear facilities?

Israel.

Which countries in the Middle East have called for the region to be a nuclear-free zone?

The Arab countries and Iran.

Which country in the Middle East occupies land belonging to other people?

Israel, which occupies a piece of Lebanon, a larger piece of Syria, East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza.

Which country in the Middle East has for 60 years refused to allow refugees to return to their homes and refused to consider compensation to them for their lost property?

Israel.

Which country has roads on which citizens who are Arab may not drive and housing developments where Arabs may not live?

Israel.

Which country in the region has violated more United Nations resolutions than any other?

Israel. The United States has on more than one occasion gone to war ostensibly to enforce U.N. Security Council resolutions, but when it comes to resolutions directed against Israel, the U.S. is like the amoral monkey that sees, hears and says nothing. That raises the question of who's the dog and who's the tail?

Which country in the region has in the past been led by men who at one time were terrorists with a price on their heads?

Israel. Former Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir once led the Stern Gang and ordered, among other things, the assassination of Count Folke Bernadotte, a Swedish diplomat working for the United Nations. Former Prime Minister Menachem Begin led the Irgun, a terrorist gang that among other things blew up one wing of the King David Hotel, killing nearly 100 people.

Which country in the Middle East openly employs assassination against its political enemies?

Israel. There have been assassinations carried out by some of the Arab governments, but they usually don't own up to them. Israel has created a euphemism that the suck-up American press has readily adopted: "targeted killings." A British journalist told me once, "The Palestinians have a talent for picking bad leaders, and the Israelis have a talent for murdering their good ones."

What are the top five countries from which we import oil?

Here they are in order of volume: Canada, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Nigeria and Venezuela. The next time you hear some blowhard politician ranting about how the Arabs control our oil imports, remind him or her of the facts. By far, a majority of oil imports come from non-Arab countries.

Which country in the region receives an annual gift of $3 billion or more from Congress?

Israel.

Which foreign-aid recipient is the only one allowed to receive its aid in a lump sum and which routinely invests part of it in U.S. Treasuries so that taxpayers pay them interest on the taxpayers' gift?

Israel.

Which country in the Middle East has the most powerful lobby in the U.S.?

Israel.

Which country in the Middle East are most American politicians, journalists and academics afraid to criticize?

Israel.

On behalf of which country has the U.S. vetoed the largest number of U.N. Security Council resolutions?

Israel.

What country do the people in the region consider the world's biggest hypocrite?

The United States.

Which countries in the Middle East have attacked U.S. ships in international waters?

Iraq and Israel. A lone Iraqi plane fired one missile at a U.S. ship by mistake. The Iraqi government quickly compensated the U.S. In 1967, Israeli airplanes and torpedo boats attacked the USS Liberty, killing 34 Americans. The U.S. government declared it an accident even before the ship limped into port, and to this day Congress has never held a public hearing and allowed the survivors to tell their story. Their story, by the way, is that the attack was deliberate. Israel compensated the families of those who were killed, but resisted for years paying compensation for the ship.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

How can Iran claim they want the middle east to be a nuclear free zone yet continue to try and develop nuclear weapons? (sorry, nuclear power).

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

thank god israel is free and its people can vote for governments which fire rockets at UN schools
Thank god the palestinians aren't an actual state that sanctions the use of civilians as shields and uses their deaths as propoganda.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC

Fall back to the internationally accepted pre-1967 borders granted by the UN, it's the only reasonable solution.
Fuck it if the Palestinians cry about unfair land distribution, you side with Hitler, you get ass raped. Fuck the whingy Israelis who claim that the land is theirs because their bloody sky god says it is.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Thank god the palestinians aren't an actual state that sanctions the use of civilians as shields and uses their deaths as propoganda.
~*~*human shield~*~*

lmao

does this even make sense? can someone translate from insane Israel lover to normal person?

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC

I don't believe a two state solution will ever work. Its absurd to think that they'll shake hands and then no more fighting, someone will fire a rocket at someone be them government or not and it will all just collapse. A blended solution will be bumpy but i believe they'll get there in the end.

A proportional representation parliamentary system will invariably see a moderate government emerge. Yes there will be zionists and hamas mp's but they will never control a majority, the majority will be won by a party who gets support from another party representing the other race.

I might be optimistic but I expect having full voting rights, being able to walk freely in all of the region, no more enemies cutting power supplies for regions etc will see the arabic population come to be quite supportive of the democracy and will whittle away at Hamas' support.

The Jewish population will probably be less excited as, well they allready had it kind of good. However I believe enough Israeli's are sympathetic and will support a moderate coalition government obviously with a strong police force/paramilitary and as time goes by the incidentsof disrest will reduce and as well support for Likud.

I've mentioned this to a Palestinian/moderate friend of mine and he says both states will have problem with the idea that their people would just be incorporated into the others state to which I proposed calling it "the holy state of Jerusalem. " No Jewish voting areas of arabic voting areas just a complete poll of the state with proportionate representations in a parliament which would not have a jewish or arabic name.

I realise I make it sound all to easy and ofcourse I don't think this will happen without hicoughs but I believe it is the road to go down that will eventually result in a first world country for both groups to live in and over a period of 25-30 years is possible.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

I don't believe a two state solution will ever work. Its absurd to think that they'll shake hands and then no more fighting, someone will fire a rocket at someone be them government or not and it will all just collapse. A blended solution will be bumpy but i believe they'll get there in the end.

A proportional representation parliamentary system will invariably see a moderate government emerge. Yes there will be zionists and hamas mp's but they will never control a majority, the majority will be won by a party who gets support from another party representing the other race.

I might be optimistic but I expect having full voting rights, being able to walk freely in all of the region, no more enemies cutting power supplies for regions etc will see the arabic population come to be quite supportive of the democracy and will whittle away at Hamas' support.

The Jewish population will probably be less excited as, well they allready had it kind of good. However I believe enough Israeli's are sympathetic and will support a moderate coalition government obviously with a strong police force/paramilitary and as time goes by the incidentsof disrest will reduce and as well support for Likud.

I've mentioned this to a Palestinian/moderate friend of mine and he says both states will have problem with the idea that their people would just be incorporated into the others state to which I proposed calling it "the holy state of Jerusalem. " No Jewish voting areas of arabic voting areas just a complete poll of the state with proportionate representations in a parliament which would not have a jewish or arabic name.

I realise I make it sound all to easy and ofcourse I don't think this will happen without hicoughs but I believe it is the road to go down that will eventually result in a first world country for both groups to live in and over a period of 25-30 years is possible.
This has already happened, it's called Israel. If the palestinians could stop being insular and accept secularism we would have had peace long ago,

Lentern

HSC

This has already happened, it's called Israel. If the palestinians could stop being insular and accept secularism we would have had peace long ago,
It most certainly has not. Israel might well be willing to make concessions to the Palestinians within Israel but it has allways been a given that they would be guests in the jewish state.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC

I believe in a 1 state solution.

Kill the inhabitants of Israel or send them back where they came from. ie Germany, France etc etc..

Then send in the refugees that Israel made homeless. umm around 1 million refugees.

That is justice.

Fuck Israel.

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A

Having only read a few select posts of this bad thread, I can already see a lot of ignorance about major events in this conflict. Briefly, there is no symmetry at all in aggression, Israel's slaughter far exceeds that of the Palestinians. To cower behind excuses neglecting predictable consequences of one's own actions is a heinously inhuman undertaking.

Make this clear, this is not about emotion, exaggeration isn't required when you look at the record. And the historical record reveals a legacy of terror, humiliation and breathtaking fascist ideology towards the Palestinian people. Just take a look at what former Israeli prime ministers have said in their auto biographies which shows a reflection of this ingrained superiority.

Last edited:

fyoun123

HSC

Nice post Nathan. I dont know why people (esp. the media) raise the idea of a 2 state solution as a peace deal. I mean sure there will be peace in the short term, however it doesnt address the fact that these people still have feelings of hatred for one another, this will lead to random attacks on each other and make problems even worse. Maybe the construction of two seperate regions with their own form of secondary government (much like NSW and Victoria), one in the arab dominated areas and one in the Jewish dominated areas. This ensures that both sides have members in parliament and both sides have influence over the way they are governed.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

Look, dude, start making actual contributions and not these one liner things. You're not witty nor clever enough to pull them off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)