Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
People, quotes and articles require a link or a reference of some sort. In the future, please make sure that your post is complete (i.e., referenced) before you hit the submit button.

Last edited:

jenzipoo

HSC
Jordan.J said:
If you dont know about Syria's stance about the Sheba farms, then you really dont know much about the situation.
Jordan.J said:

Its common knowledge that Syria has stated that the Sheba farms belong to Lebanon.

Sheba farms even gets its name from a Lebanese village called Sheba

im sorry you cant read but ill say it again:
On May 24, 2000, Israel completed the unilateral withdrawal of all IDF forces from southern Lebanon, in accordance with Israeli government decisions and UN Security Council Resolution 425, ending an 18-year presence there.

On June 18, 2000, the UN Security Council
endorsed the Secretary-General's conclusion
that, as of 16 June, Israel had withdrawn its forces from Lebanon in accordance with Resolution 425.
As explained by Israel's
Foreign Ministry
, the Shebaa Farms area is not, and should not be, considered disputed territory - its status was clarified by a number of United Nations statements following the withdrawal of Israel forces from Lebanon in May 2000.

The United Nations views the Shebaa Farms area as Syrian territory. Therefore, UN Security Council Resolution 425 - which concerns Lebanon - does not require Israel to withdraw from this area.
While Lebanon claims to be the owner of the Shebaa Farms area, the UN has encouraged the Lebanese and Syrians to negotiate between themselves as to who is the rightful owner. If Syria were to cede ownership of the area to Lebanon, then it is probable that Israel and the UN would then reconsider the status of the territory. In the meantime, the issue of the Shebaa Farms is used simply as an excuse for the Hezbollah to maintain itself as an armed force in the region.

and for my charter quote i apologise....here is the link http://www.mideastweb.org/hamas.htm

gerhard

HSC
If anyone hasnt been busy dispensing partisan vitriol, Robert Fisk (author of article on prev page) was on Lateline. He was pretty interesting

HotShot

-_-
HSC
jenzipoo said:
stop smoking the weed in your picture

Hamas Charter:

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it."
"The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Moslem generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. "
"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."
"After Palestine, the Zionists aspire to expand from the Nile to the Euphrates. When they will have digested the region they overtook, they will aspire to further expansion, and so on. Their plan is embodied in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", and their present conduct is the best proof of what we are saying."

Its not just usa that supports israel there are many countries and if you would like me to site them i would...but instead of throwing around your stupid comments do the research!! and if you would like to know why israel is doing this then read this entire thread..then come and question me because i am ehre waiting
There is difference between writing something. saying something and actually doing it. Have HAMAS destroyed ISrael? do youthink its possible is it goint to happen? be realistic.

Answer this? why were the Israeli soldiers in Lebanon?

banco55

HSC
HotShot said:
There is difference between writing something. saying something and actually doing it. Have HAMAS destroyed ISrael? do youthink its possible is it goint to happen? be realistic.

Of course Hamas couldn't destroy Israel but that doesn't mean they can't kill a lot of Israelis (as they already have). No country is going to be sanguine about living next to a territory/country/group/whatever who have a government that's sworn to destroy them.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
At the moment no country in the middle east could destroy israel, does that mean that israel should stand around while they get their proxy terrorists to attack them? No. While I do think Israel's actions are excessive and I feel particularily sorry for the people of lebanon whom as far as I can tell have done nothing wrong by either side, I do feel there is some merit to what Israel is doing.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
I hope they don't touch the area of Lebanon that I'm from. It's a Christian area, so chances are they won't go near it. I have most of my rellos there. My uncle (in Canada) sent two of his kids there for holiday (without their parents) and him and his wife are going insane right now because it's going to be so hard to bring them back. There are so many people in a similar situation, and I feel sorry for them, however, if Israel stop fighting, they are the biggest idiots. They need to get rid of the Hezbollah and this is the only way they can do it. This will be best for Lebanon in the long-run.

banco55

HSC
tres bien said:
I hope they don't touch the area of Lebanon that I'm from. It's a Christian area, so chances are they won't go near it. I have most of my rellos there. My uncle (in Canada) sent two of his kids there for holiday (without their parents) and him and his wife are going insane right now because it's going to be so hard to bring them back. There are so many people in a similar situation, and I feel sorry for them, however, if Israel stop fighting, they are the biggest idiots. They need to get rid of the Hezbollah and this is the only way they can do it. This will be best for Lebanon in the long-run.
I don't think even the Isrealis think they are going to get rid of Hezbollah. They are just going to degrade their capabilities and maybe stop them from launching major attacks on Israel over the next few years-they are using up lots of rockets and Israel is destroying quite a few on the ground-which will give Olmert time to redraw the borders. In the short to medium term things could get worse in lebanon. You'll have a very pissed off Shiite population who will supply hezbollah with new recruits but Hezbollah will be too weak to strike at Israel but strong enough to start shit in lebanon.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
banco55 said:
I don't think even the Isrealis think they are going to get rid of Hezbollah. They are just going to degrade their capabilities and maybe stop them from launching major attacks on Israel over the next few years-they are using up lots of rockets and Israel is destroying quite a few on the ground-which will give Olmert time to redraw the borders. In the short to medium term things could get worse in lebanon. You'll have a very pissed off Shiite population who will supply hezbollah with new recruits but Hezbollah will be too weak to strike at Israel but strong enough to start shit in lebanon.
Yeah it'd be very difficult. Lebanon is completely destroyed now. I think the Israelis are trying to destroy the Hezbollah by attacking from the air, then when they've done enough damage, they will release their army into Lebanon to kill them.

jenzipoo

HSC
HotShot said:

your quite ignorant if this is your visison....that we cant label hamas a terrorist organisation because they only right that about destryong the israel but dont actually do it..they would take any opportunity they had!

its aim is not to win palestinian freedom...its to deny israeli freedom and its long term goal not to establish a palestinian state alongside israel but to destoy the jewish state!

banco55

HSC
tres bien said:
Yeah it'd be very difficult. Lebanon is completely destroyed now. I think the Israelis are trying to destroy the Hezbollah by attacking from the air, then when they've done enough damage, they will release their army into Lebanon to kill them.
Presumably one of the reasons they are cutting the transport links is so that the Hezbollah fighters can't go over to syria and the Israelis can pin them in place so to speak if they send in land forces. I know Hezbollah and lots of arabs seem to have delusions that in a ground war Hezbollah could actually do a bit of damage to the IDF but they are dreaming. Once the merkavas roll in it will only be a matter of Israel finding them and killing them. Hezbollah's only option will be to hide and/or hide in mosques/hospitals/schools to make it difficult for Israel to go after them on CNN etc.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
tres bien said:
You disturb me

I find it disgusting that you support the destruction of your own country for political point scoring

Children dying, infrastructure destroyed, thousands stranded and you want it to continue?

Maybe you should visit the places being bombed and see if your view changes

israels completly destoryed beirut. if u seen the photos its been set back 20 years easily.... yet hezbolah hasnt been damgaed at all. Now its obvious israels actions are pointless and are only wasting innocent lives on BOTH sides. This is not the way to get hizbolah, lebanese civilans and infrastructure are not hizbolah.

As Bush said when he wasnt aware the world was listening, "the irony is u gotta do this through syria", the ones controlling them, HE knows there doing the wrong thing, but he lets them continue to kill innocent people.

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
israels completly destoryed beirut. if u seen the photos its been set back 20 years easily.... yet hezbolah hasnt been damgaed at all. Now its obvious israels actions are pointless and are only wasting innocent lives on BOTH sides. This is not the way to get hizbolah, lebanese civilans and infrastructure are not hizbolah.

As Bush said when he wasnt aware the world was listening, "the irony is u gotta do this through syria", the ones controlling them, HE knows there doing the wrong thing, but he lets them continue to kill innocent people.
israel has justified the bombing of infrastructure to mainly ensure that hezbullah militia do not leave the country ESPECIALLY with their soldiers! as well as this the main targets of their bombings, excluding all exits from the country (such as airports, roads, bridges and ports - which i justified two lines before), have been known hezbollah homes, buildings and especially areas used for firing rockets

israel has shown in the past and have just shown in the future their care for civilian lives...more recently with the bombing of power stations in gaza in order to create a 'miserable' life for the palestinian people just like they make israeli citiznes....BUT a couple of weeks after they were providing them with food, oil, water and medicine!! continuing the ongoing aid process to the palestinian people

here is a link to your quote http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/bushs-solution-stop-doing-this-samp/2006/07/18/1153166348461.html
first of all i think bush, one of the most influential and powerful presidents in the world today would say if he thinks this is wrong...he doesnt...instead he supports israels right to defend themselves as well as their guts to attack this terrorist organisation head on! and the quote you use is our of context..."See, the irony is what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and it's over". Bush aknsowledges and recognises the main players in this game! he believes that syria has the power to stop everything and until syria own up and admit their involvement while ending their funding operations then hezbollah will disarm and israel can leave

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
israel has justified the bombing of infrastructure to mainly ensure that hezbullah militia do not leave the country ESPECIALLY with their soldiers! as well as this the main targets of their bombings, excluding all exits from the country (such as airports, roads, bridges and ports - which i justified two lines before), have been known hezbollah homes, buildings and especially areas used for firing rockets

israel has shown in the past and have just shown in the future their care for civilian lives...more recently with the bombing of power stations in gaza in order to create a 'miserable' life for the palestinian people just like they make israeli citiznes....BUT a couple of weeks after they were providing them with food, oil, water and medicine!! continuing the ongoing aid process to the palestinian people

here is a link to your quote http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/bushs-solution-stop-doing-this-samp/2006/07/18/1153166348461.html
first of all i think bush, one of the most influential and powerful presidents in the world today would say if he thinks this is wrong...he doesnt...instead he supports israels right to defend themselves as well as their guts to attack this terrorist organisation head on! and the quote you use is our of context..."See, the irony is what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and it's over". Bush aknsowledges and recognises the main players in this game! he believes that syria has the power to stop everything and until syria own up and admit their involvement while ending their funding operations then hezbollah will disarm and israel can leave
Do you work for FOX news or something?

For 2 soldiers they are destroying an ENTIRE country

Israel's actions are not justified. The casualties show Israel dont care about civilians

Here's a reminder of what you're supporting

*WARNING: LINKS HAVE VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES OF THE HORRORS OF WAR*

http://stopdestroyinglebanon.com/WarOnLebanon/nfblog/?page_id=3 <----------- The further you scroll down, the worse it gets

http://www.albaladonline.com/index1.php?pnumber=1

The whole world has criticised Israel, the only country supporting them is the U.S

Open your eyes

Jo2

HSC
N/A
I have read many of your pages of comments in this very personal and heated discussion, but just as a clarification

the ends never justifies the means. WAR is war and it is no solution to any problem if the idiots including Howard realised this (just by consideing the last 2000 years or so) then maybe a social values would reflect what we actually want in society. Not what has been developed due to the media and government "war on terrorism" crap that never really existed in the first place.

What the Israel's are doing to the nation of Lebenon is not justified but this is what occurs when there is tension built by 100's of years of conflict.

I just hope this is defused before it begins another major War.

jenzipoo

HSC
Jordan.J said:
Do you work for FOX news or something?

For 2 soldiers they are destroying an ENTIRE country

Israel's actions are not justified. The casualties show Israel dont care about civilians

Here's a reminder of what you're supporting

*WARNING: LINKS HAVE VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES OF THE HORRORS OF WAR*

http://stopdestroyinglebanon.com/WarOnLebanon/nfblog/?page_id=3 <----------- The further you scroll down, the worse it gets

http://www.albaladonline.com/index1.php?pnumber=1

The whole world has criticised Israel, the only country supporting them is the U.S

Open your eyes
im doing my hsc this year but nice try

i can post websites from both this current time and times before about the destrcution caused to israel and the hundreds even thousands of dead INNOCENT civilans that have died for yes you guessed it....no reason! israel is fed up of this..

you open your eyes!! there are many countries who have expressed support for israel's fight on terrorism and their right to defend themselves...many have expressed support but saying that excessive force should not be used...this is because NO country in their right mind would ever jumpo for joy publically about the attack of another country (on both sides)...unless your iran

these countries include: south africa, china, india, japan saudi arabia (who is totally in support oif the riddance of this terrosit organisation form the middle east), belgium, denmark, germany (very strong support), greece, romania, britain (which supports and understand israels position but supports a un led peace process), canada (very strong support), USA, australia and even the G8 collectively came to the agreement that israel has every right to defend itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)