Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

Interesting this. Again 20 years on, we see Israel opennly attacking Lebanon for their support of Hizbollah. If it gets any further out of control watch for bombings of Syria + Iran (and the possible use of WMDs)

Edit: Ahah the Excel Modern book states "Whe israeli government will neither confirm nor deny that it possesses nuclear weapons.........There is no doubt that were the existance of Israel be threated, these weapons would be used'

Hmm...Iran v Israel would be quiet interesting.

Last edited:

dandel26

HSC

Israel has nukes, Arab countries has big populations.

I'm seriously so sick of the shit in the middle east, just give the Palestinians what they want they stay the fuck out of everyones business stupid Israel

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC

I think the Isreali government are being sandy wenches in this situation. But sadly, invading countries because of terrorist organisations hiding there seems to be all the rage nowadays. I wonder how long it will be before an invasion into Indonesia, they have a terrorist organisation hiding in there! (Before anybody comments on this, I know it won't happen, I was adding it for humour purposes).

This terrorist bullshit is pissing me off. The war on terrorism is over, and we lost thanks to our all knowing governments.

On the Isreal versus Lebanon thing. I seriously hope Isreal stops soon. If not, it would be beneficial to the world if they lose. They're a minority in the middle east, so it's true they deserve protection, but they're governing the region according to their own rules, and the majority in the area will get fed up.

kashby

HSC

Well Israel isn't going to back down now that the Bush administration have publicly backed them. Yet again they have used the excuse of "terrorism" to legitimate their position on the matter.

banco55

HSC

dandel26 said:
Israel has nukes, Arab countries has big populations.

I'm seriously so sick of the shit in the middle east, just give the Palestinians what they want they stay the fuck out of everyones business stupid Israel
LOL the arabs are such peace loving people if left to their own devices.

gerhard

HSC

the arabs havent been left to their own devices for pretty much as long as anyone can remember.

they were colonized pretty much up to ww2. after ww2 the british randomly made countries out of the land and gave it to people who helped them

then the US starts removing leaders and installing friendly dictators to make sure they keep getting that oil. they did stuff like remove the democratically elected president of Iran and replace him with Pahlevi, a fucking crazy islamic fundamentalist.

banco55

HSC

gerhard said:
the arabs havent been left to their own devices for pretty much as long as anyone can remember.

they were colonized pretty much up to ww2. after ww2 the british randomly made countries out of the land and gave it to people who helped them

then the US starts removing leaders and installing friendly dictators to make sure they keep getting that oil. they did stuff like remove the democratically elected president of Iran and replace him with Pahlevi, a fucking crazy islamic fundamentalist.
The Shah being a "fucking crazy islamic fundamentalist" would be news to khoemini and most iranians.

jenzipoo

HSC

Your opinions intrigue me...its amazing to think that their is such support for such large, fascist and domineering arab countries who continually threaten Israel and its people with threats of terrorism.

Israel has EVERY right to defend herself and her people...

You tell me...would the palestinian or arab nations ever warn people BEFORE they bomb a building or area in order to reduce the amount of casualties? NEVER but Israel does because they have no desire to wipe any Arab country off the world's map (like the Iranian president announced earlier this year) They merely want to defend themselves and stop more terrorist acts from occuring.

View attachment 13227

This is a picture of an actual flyer given out in Lebanon warning people of a bombing that was occruing later in the day

The arab nations have a blatant disregard for human life (and peace treaties) whereas Israel is primarily concerned for its people living in peace and when retaliation occurs infrastructure is targeted...not inncoent civilians!

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC

Its not about the arab governments bombing israel, its about terrorist organisations being "harboured" how can you call israels bombing of lebanon a defence?

And might i let you know, syria and lebanon dont have a peace treaty with Israel, so that argument is invalid.

jenzipoo

HSC

although not stated it is assumed that you would know that many arab nations are governed by leaders who are affiliated with terrorist organisations...with many of them providing finanical aid to such organisations as Hamas

When these governments and leaders are in support of the terrorist acts commited against Israel (and its people) and do nothing to stop it (such as the Hamas 'government') Israel has EVERY right to defend itself

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC

I just pray to God that this conflict is only temporary (if that is the right word to use). The Lebanese people after several assassinations (Hariri,Toueini) need to work on eradicating such groups as Hezeballah from their political system.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC

jenzipoo said:
although not stated it is assumed that you would know that many arab nations are governed by leaders who are affiliated with terrorist organisations...with many of them providing finanical aid to such organisations as Hamas
Hence my statement "terrorist organisations being "harboured".

I still dont believe it to be right that you can bomb the crap out of a country and claim defence. A terrorist organisation isnt like a country's army. it takes just 1 to commit an act

:burn: boom. Interesting to see what happens here. Maybe the best thing to do for the Lebanese govt to do is seek a peace treaty with Israel and putt 60 years of fuckin conflict where it belongs - in the past

Last edited:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

This is devastating news. My father is in Lebanon at the moment, my mum is trying to get him out of there to go to Cyprus or France. Unfortunately, the Israeli's have a habit of being total dickheads to civilians, and they took control of the Mediterannean and have stopped any Lebanese civlilians from entering Syria which is the only country Lebanon has an open border with. Any Australians in Lebanon won't be able to get out any time soon unless Israel realise that they are fighting a war with "hezbollah" and not the Lebanese.

Lebanon should do everything possible to get rid of "hezbollah" because this "freedom organisation" (oxymoron) is ruining the economy of the country and is ruining the lives of the peaceful Lebanese people! Luckily my father is in the north and that is not likely to be targeted any time soon. I guess the majority of Australians in Lebanon are Christian so it is also likely that they are in the north as well which is good news for Australia.

Last edited:

this annoys me so much, what israel is saying and many people think about the lebanese government disarming hizbolah is not possible. Look what hizbollah has done, it shows there power, the lebanese government doesnt have the power to disarm them and it cant control them.

John Howard and George Bush saying the attacks are justified, not only is not the lebanese governments fault, but what have innocent civilians done to deserve this, Israelis are targeting civilians. 50 are dead already.

I agree with Israel wanting to get rid of hizbollah, but theyve used this to seriously damage Lebanon and kill many civilians.

R.G.

HSC

if they are attacking civillians then why did they send out letters or warning telling the civillians to flee the area they are bombing????

Im not saying war is right but if the Arab countries wont agree on peace and keeping sending in people who are willing to blow themselves up and kill hundereds, what else do you propose israel does? stand back and let it carry on happening???

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

Where is this shit coming from, "Arab countries won't agree on peace"? Since when was Israel offering Arab countries peace anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)