Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Jordan.J said:
Apparently there must be a clause in the Geneva Convention that allows the state of Israel to commit as many war crimes as possible
in fact, at the time of the US lead invasion of iraq in 2003,
israel had violated 32 UN Security Council Resolutions compared to iraq's 16. so wouldnt it have been rational for the US to invade and strike israel with twice as much force as they hit iraq? (ie if the US or the developed world had any respect for the UN)

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
onebytwo said:
israel had violated 32 UN Security Council Resolutions compared to iraq's 16. so wouldnt it have been rational for the US to invade and strike israel with twice as much force as they hit iraq? (ie if the US or the developed world had any respect for the UN)
It wouldve been alot more, but the U.S mis-uses it veto power and blocks so many resolutions that are critical of Israel.

jenzipoo said:
trucks with medicine, supplies, missiles all the same ^o) you PROVE to me that these trucks were carrying medicine etc and not missiles to hezbollah terrorists and ill gladly take it on board...you tell me how the missiles are landing 3x further than where they were originally...these new missles popped out of mid air
"A truck carrying medical supplies donated by the United Arab Emirates was also hit and its driver killed en route from Damascus"

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,19840021-954,00.html

Ohlmart is a liar. Israel is NOT helping lebanon. Israel is contradicting itself, first they claim to be punishing lebanon for not kicking out hezbolah, they claimed it was an act of war by Lebanon, and now that 350 people are dead, they seem to be going for the "usa in iraq" approach. Lebanon has been turned back 20 years just as they threatened. It was an attack on Lebanese government and infrastructure, the more they bomb beirut airport, the more its gonna cost to fix.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=11628

"President Bush, who is wrong on many issues, is right on this one. Let Israel do what it must do to protect their people and their nation. If that means the destruction of Lebanon, so be it. If it means bombing the Iranians, so be it. If it means toppling the Baath Party's stranglehold on Syria, so be it."

That statement is written by a moron, he agrees with Bush and the destruction of Lebanon in Israels "self defence". Destroying Lebanon is not only an unthinkable thing to say, and he is an evil bastard to say it, and obviously very unprofessional, but would be pointless as hizbolah is funded by syria and Iran, lebanon is only the land in which hizbolah fights in.

Last edited by a moderator:

jenzipoo

HSC
onebytwo said:
and with saddam hussein in the middle of his trial i would love to see the statistics after that..

i would also love to see which "32" israel broke...if you could post a site...but one thing i do tell you to reserach is UN Resolution 1559....the reason why were in this mess!

dovidg

HSC
Just a short time ago I was in Jerusalem as the news reached all of us that Hamas – the elected leadership of the Palestinian people – had crossed over the border into Israel and kidnapped Corporal Gilad Shalit.

Less than one year ago, Israel redeployed all of its people and all of its forces and had left all of Gaza – every single inch of it.

We held our breathe, we hoped, we prayed that this time the Palestinians would build a life for their own people.

That this time they would care more about improving the lives of their own children, than destroying the lives of the children of Israel.

It is a tragedy for Israel and a tragedy for the Palestinian people that they chose instead to elect a government whose prime aim was not the liberation of territory for a Palestinian state alongside Israel, but rather for a Palestinian state instead of Israel.

And indeed they promised to build such a state on the ashes of the Jews. And they rained down hundreds of rockets on the sovereign state of Israel, they disrupted the lives of thousands and thousands of Israelis, they killed Israelis and did we hear the press rise up in condemnation?

Did we hear the United Nations bring sanctions against the Palestinians? Of course not. Why were the Palestinians raining down rockets on Sderot? To liberate Gaza?

They have all of Gaza. Their war targets not Palestinian statehood, but Jewish statehood. Its purpose is not to win Palestinian freedom, but to deny Jewish freedom.

Its aim is not to ensure security for Palestinians, but to deny security for Israelis. Its long-term goal is not to establish a Palestinian state alongside Israel, but to destroy the Jewish state.

The mantra of the world has been an Israel with “secure and recognised boundaries” well just over 6 years ago the United Nations – the world – determined a permanent and recognised border between Israel and Lebanon.

Israel honored it to the last centimetre – something recognised again by the whole world. Lebanon signed the agreement to the recognised boundary. Lebanon also signed its agreement to disarm Hezbollah. But what did Lebanon do?

They did not disarm Hezbollah. They allowed Hezbollah to flourish, to build up its murderous arsenal and to violate the so-called “secure and recognised boundary”.

They allowed Hezbollah to rain down hundreds of rockets on Israel. Time and time again. Moreover they even brought Hezbollah into the parliament of Lebanon and inside the government of Lebanon – Hezbollah were even awarded cabinet ministries.

Hezbollah is not trying to liberate any part of Lebanon – there is no disputed territory with Lebanon.

It is trying to destroy the state of Israel. 10,000 to 15,000 Australians have been living in or visiting Israel over these past 6 years and along with the entire population of Israel – Jew, Christian and Arab – they have been attacked on buses and in pizza parlors by homicide bombers.

Some of their children have been murdered on their way to school, in parks, and in shopping malls.

And again did we hear the press rise up in condemnation? Did we hear the united nations condemn the Palestinians, Hezbollah or Lebanon?

Nothing but silence. Enough of double standards, enough of immorality, enough of talk that Jewish life is less precious than British life or French life or Russian life or any life.

Enough of the silence of many in the press and international arena when Jews are killed.

Enough of the hypocrisy that says Jews should not defend themselves, that Jews should just accept that they can be killed without taking measures to stop such action. Enough!

Thank G-d for the clear thinking of people like our own Prime Minister John Howard who states what should be obvious to all – that the cause of the current conflict is the violation by Hezbollah of an international border and the murder and kidnapping of Israelis.

Nothing more and nothing less. And enough of the hypocrisy of some in the media who describe the Hezbollah raid as a “border clash”.

This was no border clash – implying some element of doubt as to where or what the border is, or that there is some dispute over it – report it for what it is – an invasion of the sovereign territory of Israel and the kidnapping of Israelis inside Israel – over an internationally recognised border – and moreover a border recognised by Lebanon, the very country which violates it.

And it is about time that the world accepts the Syrian government for what it is – a dictatorial, despotic violator of even the rights of its own people and a prime sponsor of international terrorism – a sponsor of Hezbollah and the home of the headquarters of Hamas.

And behind it all stands Iran. A leadership so vile, so evil – with the stated intention of developing nuclear weapons for one purpose – one purpose! - to destroy the state of Israel.

My friends we are not here today to justify how big or small Israel should be – we are back in time some 60 years – we are standing here today to affirm Israel’s right to simply exist.

That is the battle we are engaged in here and now. That Israelis should be able to live behind these recognised boundaries without being bombed, having missiles land on their houses and in their schools.

And that Israeli citizens should be able to live behind these recognised boundaries without being kidnapped for barbarous and evil intentions.

Neither Hamas nor Hezbollah are interested in the end of the conflict and at each and every opportunity they incite and inflame and murder.

It is time for the world in unison to reject them and their intentions. We pray for the safe return of all of Israel’s citizens, we feel for the families of those kidnapped, murdered and maimed by the Hamas and Hezbollah terrorists.

We stand in awe at the numerous attempts by Israel to share this area and to live in peace. We stand in awe at Israel’s massive restraint in the face of hundreds of rockets falling on her for the past months

We stand in awe of the amazing lengths she goes to avoid civilian casualties to those who wish her harm and we are determined to end the double standard that is applied to Israel.

We stand with Israel as we all recognise that the actions she takes are not in retaliation, but are taken to cease and silence future attacks upon her.

turtleface

HSC
RE: above post,

It has been well established that the armed wings of Hamas are cold blooded murderers and terrorists. I doubt many people would disagree.

However, Israel proclaim to be the "good guys" yet are as bad, if not worse than Hamas, through its indiscriminate killing, and its terrorist tactics like Assassinations and firing rockets and missiles into houses, hospitals and infrastructure. And thats why people are condemning Israel. Noone is justifying Hamas' killing of Israeli civilians or soldiers.

Anyway, how is Hamas relevant to the current killing of civilians in Lebanon (and Israel). Last time I looked its Israel bombing the shit out of towns and cities in Lebanon, and Hezbollah shooting crap randomly into Israel.

=====
Also, does anyone else find it strange that Bush keeps on saying that for the fighting to stop Hezbollah needs to stop attacking Israel, yet it is Israel thats constantly pounding Lebanon at the moment and all Hezbollah are doing are firing crappy (but devastating) rockets in retaliation/(arguably self defence)?

Last edited:

jenzipoo

HSC
turtleface said:
It has been well established that the armed wings of Hamas are cold blooded murderers and terrorists. I doubt many people would disagree.

However, Israel proclaim to be the "good guys" yet are as bad, if not worse than Hamas, through its indiscriminate killing, and its terrorist tactics like Assassinations and firing rockets and missiles into houses, hospitals and infrastructure. And thats why people are condemning Israel. Noone is justifying Hamas' killing of Israeli civilians or soldiers.

Anyway, how is Hamas relevant to the current killing of civilians in Lebanon. Last time I looked its Israel bombing the shit out of towns and cities in Lebanon, and Hezbollah shooting crap randomly into Israel.
israel gives more to the palestinian people than hamas does!! the "terrorist tactics" you describe include a recent dropping of flyers over gaza informing them of more attacks occuring and warning civilaisn to stay away from hamas known sites in RETALIATION to further rocket attacks on the negev and other parts of israel as well as the continual captivity of corporal gilad shalit..

and bush is actually referring to hezbollah stopping their firing in GENERAL...not just now...because please try and open your closed mind..this conflict started because of hezbollah's CONTINUAL attack on israel's northern cities and the last straw was the kidnapping of their soldiers

Last edited:

consul

HSC
I, for one, would like to applaud Israel's actions. They have finally followed America in doing what is right- punishing terrorists and those who harbour them.

We should all be able to recognise that Hezbollah is a terrorist organisation. Yet the Lebanese government supports them to the point where Hezbollah representatives form part of the nation's Cabinet.

Israel is not 'attacking' Lebanon to the point where 'attacking' means making the first move. They are retaliating with enough force to ensure that Hezbollah's violent harrassment and terrorism comes to an end.

If non-military personell suffer as a result, that is the price they pay for standing by and silently sanctioning the actions of this group.

If the infrastructure collapses, if the economy crumples, that is the outcome of supporting Hezbollah.

Israel is making it very clear that the consequence of supporting terrorism is deadly. They are ensuring their own security and nothing more. And just like our Prime Minister, I support them in condemning the Lebanese terrorists.

jenzipoo

HSC
Exphate said:
American leaders are influenced by the high economic power of many Jewish citizens.
Exphate is influenced by Neo-Nazi groups, Arab terrorists and various other anti-Semitic groups.

Last edited:
HSC
mr EaZy said:
you didnt get his satire did u...

FOX news and ruppert murdock is a front for the bush admin- supporting BUSH in everything and criticizing him in nothing- it was attributed with bush's 2nd term in office-

fox viewers have a lower iq than viewers of other networks- i got that from a doco on fox but didnt get their source

much like how listeners to john laws and alan jones are pretty simple people too- i got that from our DPP Dr.nick chowdrey

know this: bush is human, he isnt infallible and he isnt as influential in the absolute sense- we saw how many die hard fans he had when it came to iraq or environmental policy- he isnt always correct and he isnt correct on this issue either.

THANK YOU

look, no matter what side your on (im neither arab/leb/palestinian/israeli)...... i cant believe people in this country support israel destroying civil infrastructure like that

NO ELECTRICITY = NO FRESH MEAT or HOT WATER or LIGHTS or public utilities
THEN THERES THE LACK OF MEDS, LACK OF COMMUNICATIONS ETC ETC

theres a difference between a response and excessive response
in our criminal law if your defence is overly excessive- you commit a crime

THIS IS A CRIME!

no matter what side your on- DO NOT SUPPORT THE MURDER OF CIVILIANS AND CIVILIAN INFRASTRUCTURE- ISRAEL WAS DEFEATED BY HIZBULLAH A FEW YEARS AGO- THEY WILL NOT BEAT THEM THIS TIME, AND HIZBULLAH WONT DEFEAT ISRAEL AT THIS TIME. maybe in the future i dont know- but the time hasnt come (ill keep my sources to myself)

but the really evil part of this is: when will the lebanese people get their lives back? their ELECTRICITY AND BRIDGES AND TUNNELS BACK? 20 years? 50 years?

ISRAEL LACKS VISION! THEY DONT WANT PEACE- NOT IN THE SHORT RUN, NOT IN THE LONG RUN. (unless they make a commitment to rebuild lebanon- which i doubt because their mischief left from the last war is still there!

(it was hizbullah who repaired their carnage- and gave the hospitals and tv stations, schools, factories, roads and bridges)

-----------------------------

i dont know what war is like under jewish law- but i dont think it is what we have here

an eye for an eye- but how many eyes have we lost so far? canadians, australians (unconfirmed), lebanese, arabs

this is not judaism- these people break the laws of their own religion- their own prophets cursed them in their own books and the curse had materialised through time as was shown by how they were humiliated through time and time again and their temples destroyed- But now they come back and stick firmly to their failing traditions.

this link is biased and unsubstantiated- its using daily telegraph language! which General made this claim? satellite photos? or did a little birdy tell them ? and i never knew hizbullah was all trucks?

look at the other articles:

WAR IN THE NORTH: DAY 7
Pilot who bombed Nasrallah's bunker: 'We will get them all'
Is this the start of World War III?
Arab world fed up with Hizbullah
Miracles abound in Safed
Left-wing conflicted on war with Hizbullah
Our World: How I spent my summer vacation
Eye of the Storm: Playing the Israel card
Free! Be on top of the news with Israel Alert, Top headlines

yes the world is bigger than israel (world war 3- lol)
that "how i spend my summer holidays is weird- first reflective then it gets political" they're having u on!

and also look- nothing on what israel is doing on the other side! and the side tabs are even more ridiculous!

israel has all this machinery and still cant destroy this ragtag militant group - its as simple as that- materialism wont provide israel peace

just repeating this is not judaism- this is something else

just as terror is alien to islam- zionism is alien to judaism

http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/

to the jews : desist or history will repeat itself
You sir, is a emotional bitch. If you have something to complain about, don't say stupid hissie fits that will have you saying "history will repeat itself" that's pure ignorance and low, what if YOUR family and ancestors were in the holocaust, You wouldn't like that huh?

Last edited:

sasha0101

HSC
Exphate said:
American leaders are influenced by the high economic power of many Jewish citizens.
It's sad when ignorant people such as you exphate are given the right to express your opinion for it hold no value and merely wastes the time of others who read it, nonetheless you have spoken and i have taken it upon myself to not only shock you with the news that countries like America and Australia are merely standing up against terrorism...as opposed to your initial "thought" that they have been spurred by the jewish elite and threatened by their economic superiority. Moreover, have you even exercised your right to research, rather than just your right of speech?you sound like an absolute fool who knows nothing and merely regurgitates the stupidity he has heard either spoken by other neo-nazis followers or the information shed by unworthy programs who present a one-sided and often incorrect/inconclusive version of the story such as BBC. It is because of people like you that the world we live in is unsafe, people like you who are easily led to believe in bullshit, and do you know why you are this way (not just YOU, but you as in other morons such as yourself)?...it is because you are unhappy with your own lives and feel the need to place the blame on others, scapegoats you may call them...hitler did the same with the jews, and you are merely following in his footsteps...the world is a scary place because of people like you

banco55

HSC
You're in denial if you don't think the Jewish lobby in the US plays an outsize role in determining the US's middle east policy. They lose quite a few policy battles but overall they are one of the most powerful lobbies in washington.

sasha0101

HSC
It is not because of an economic advantage! israel has been underfire since 1948 (earlier in fact) but especially since it became a jewish state! what the lebanese and palestinians are experiencing now is a minute fraction of what israeli civilians have had to deal with for almost 60 years (i wont even dwell on their biblic history which supports that this has been occuring for thousands of years!). Denial?i think not. i, on the other hand, have studied both sides, both stories. Though the jewish contingent is strong within the US economic strength IS NOT a determinent, if the western world was concerned about that then they would be on the side of our deliverers of oil, and with rising prices i think we both know which side they chose to support!

banco55

HSC
sasha0101 said:
It is not because of an economic advantage! israel has been underfire since 1948 (earlier in fact) but especially since it became a jewish state! what the lebanese and palestinians are experiencing now is a minute fraction of what israeli civilians have had to deal with for almost 60 years (i wont even dwell on their biblic history which supports that this has been occuring for thousands of years!). Denial?i think not. i, on the other hand, have studied both sides, both stories. Though the jewish contingent is strong within the US economic strength IS NOT a determinent, if the western world was concerned about that then they would be on the side of our deliverers of oil, and with rising prices i think we both know which side they chose to support!
No it's because of campaign donations. The oil companies make donations too. They win some policy battles and lose others but either way the US's middle east policy is distorted by the campaign donations from both sides. What does the US get for the billions they give Israel each year anyway?

Last edited:

jenzipoo

HSC
when saying this you (and others) must be careful as it can imply that you agree with the big jewish conspiracy that with money theyll take over the world (which stems off the consirpacies created with the introduction of the protocals of the elders of zion)

as well as this the USA has had long stadning support for israel from even before its creation..this support may be confused with influence within the american society (which i do not deny - it happens...along with many other businesses influencing the govt for policy creation in their favour eg Enron) America's outright support for this tiny country bullied by its dominant arab nations is continual and is only reinfroced now as israel continues americas fight against terrorism

sasha0101

HSC
banco55 said:
No it's because of campaign donations. The oil companies make donations too. They win some policy battles and lose others but either way the US's middle east policy is distorted by the campaign donations from both sides. What does the US get for the billions they give Israel each year anyway?
Are you aware that israel has been giving money to the Palesinians?and what do they get in return?Terrorism! Israel could actually be self-sufficient without the help of the US. Are you trying to tell me that the US is bribed by the Jews?That the US, the leading nation in our time is swayed in regards to HUGE political and social decisions by money?As much as you'd like to believe that life is one huge soap opera i fear that it is not the case. The Bush and Howard administrations are not corrupt and do not bend over for any amount of money, they have scoffed in the face of danger, the face of terrorism, the face of pathetic puppet nations such as the lebanese and palestinians who are controlled by the vile countries, Syria and Iran.

banco55

HSC
jenzipoo said:
when saying this you (and others) must be careful as it can imply that you agree with the big jewish conspiracy that with money theyll take over the world (which stems off the consirpacies created with the introduction of the protocals of the elders of zion)

as well as this the USA has had long stadning support for israel from even before its creation..this support may be confused with influence within the american society (which i do not deny - it happens...along with many other businesses influencing the govt for policy creation in their favour eg Enron) America's outright support for this tiny country bullied by its dominant arab nations is continual and is only reinfroced now as israel continues americas fight against terrorism
I specifically said there wasn't any big jewish conspiracy but at the same time pro-israel people tend to throw around accusations of anti-semitism to shut down any debate on the Israeli lobby's influence on US politics. During the cold war supporting Israel made some strategic sense. It makes very little strategic sense now.

jenzipoo

HSC
banco55 said:
I specifically said there wasn't any big jewish conspiracy but at the same time pro-israel people tend to throw around accusations of anti-semitism to shut down any debate on the Israeli lobby's influence on US politics. During the cold war supporting Israel made some strategic sense. It makes very little strategic sense now.
i know....but others might see it like that....just like i saw the original comment (not by you) about american leaders being influenced as an outright anti semtic comment...i understand you intentions

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Ofcourse theres a Jewish influence in the US

Theres alot of influence, theres an Arab influence, theres an Asian influence, theres a French, Russian influence.

But you have to admit the Jewish influence is one of the strongest, if not then the strongest. Why is that even a debate?

Anyway, back to the topic

There will be a protest rally on Saturday against the war crimes commited by Israel.

Meet at Hyde Park north, at 12pm, Saturday.

Jordan.J said:
Ofcourse theres a Jewish influence in the US

Theres alot of influence, theres an Arab influence, theres an Asian influence, theres a French, Russian influence.

But you have to admit the Jewish influence is one of the strongest, if not then the strongest. Why is that even a debate?

Anyway, back to the topic

There will be a protest rally on Saturday against the war crimes commited by Israel.

Meet at Hyde Park north, at 12pm, Saturday.
http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/072006/news1.html

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/20/us.mideast.ap/

http://www.savethemiddleeast.org/

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)