IT IS OFFICIAL. EASIEST ADVANCED ENGLISH EXAM IN 23 YEARS (1 Viewer)

99.96ATAR

HSC
No specific question for the common mod essay, forced creative with no reflection. Only gets easier from here. I remember the good ol days where NESA should have been feared. It seems they have become weak with these exams made for year 10 students. Surely can't get much easier from here?

大きい男

HSC
Buzman, surely you have academic commitments elsewhere which you should be fulfilling. If I'm honest, the 2019 exam (advanced at least) was a joke of a paper-
  • unseen texts were straightforward and absolutely brimming with techniques
  • common mod question was about a highly versatile theme that you should have had a close knowledge of
  • module a was the epitome of 'textual conversations'- the rubric condensed into a few sentences, if you will
  • module b related closely to the texts' themes and was not an unreasonable question at all
  • module c was exactly as expected - 10 mark creative with a 10 mark reflection

99.96ATAR

HSC
Buzman, surely you have academic commitments elsewhere which you should be fulfilling. If I'm honest, the 2019 exam (advanced at least) was a joke of a paper-
  • common mod question was about a highly versatile theme that you should have had a close knowledge of
  • module a was the epitome of 'textual conversations'- the rubric condensed into a few sentences, if you will
  • module b related closely to the texts' themes and was not an unreasonable question at all
common mod was very hard compared to this year and extremely specific.
module a had useless unassociated quotes which you had to follow. mod b was as specific as the common mod and mod c requiring a reflection as well as any option was harder then just one reflection

HSC
N/A
I'm gonna have to disagree with this. I think our paper was quite hard and memes were everywhere lol. Even NESA's wikipedia page was modified by angry students

1603264915081.png

99.96ATAR

HSC
I'm gonna have to disagree with this. I think our paper was quite hard and memes were everywhere lol. Even NESA's wikipedia page was modified by angry students

View attachment 29211
These 2020 clowns like to think their common mod rubric regurgitation was hard because "I was expecting something harder". They should try sit the 19 exam with no past papers to go off

jojosiwa123

HSC
True. Do you think marking will be affected by that?
I don’t think marking will be affected by covid- if every kid got more lenient marking then everyone’s marks would be inflated as a whole so it wouldn’t make much sense...

quickoats

HSC
True. Do you think marking will be affected by that?
I don’t think they’ll all get boosted up (which is redundant anyway since ATAR is a rank. I think that sort of got factored in with the more friendly paper.

Imagine the complaints if the paper was a curveball like last year lol

beetree1

HSC
common mod was very hard compared to this year and extremely specific.
module a had useless unassociated quotes which you had to follow. mod b was as specific as the common mod and mod c requiring a reflection as well as any option was harder then just one reflection
has it ever occurred to you that maybe you were just incapable... Lol

MrGresh

HSC
I honestly don't understand the warfare between 2019ers and 2020ers right now (led by 99.96 and de.broyle). Both years had their challenges and the fact that the questions this year were easier literally impacts on none of us. Its about rankings WITHIN our year group, not between them.

Go and get a life.

GraPeOwO

HSC
Wait we didn’t have to write a reflection for the module C imaginative writing???

GraPeOwO

HSC
In that case yeah it is probably one of the easiest exams, the 2019 one that comedy question for mod B was terrible, like for us doing henry iv there really isn’t a whole lot to talk about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)