IT Online Quiz Group (1 Viewer)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
cause ur installing extra crap, the warranty is only valid if u leave the system alone.

hopefully my common sense prevails

Prerna

okay this is probably a really simple question but what is OEL all about????
i'll go with C too...
C is the first thing you would check regarding erratic mouse problems..just like if your printer isn't printing you'd check the cartridge first..befor pulluing it apart and crap...

CrashOveride

HSC
do you mean OEM? [OEM=Original Equipment Manufacturer]. OEL is short for optoelectronics :p

Some other questions:

1. grandfather-father-son method of backup for a 5 day week firm relies on:
a) enough tapes to record all data for 3 months
b) 11 tapes for 3 months
c) 3 tapes for 3 months
d) 5x4x3 tapes for 3 months

[For this question1, i calculated u wud only need like 8 tapes ?? ]

3. The following storage would be efficient for a firm’s backup procedures:
a) zip disks, CD, ISP space
b) zip disks, floppy disks, CD
c) Jazz disk, Zip disks, floppy disks
d) Jazz disk, floppy disks, ISP space

[Hmm, i wudnt think floppy is good in this situation so i would say A ?? ]

Linda N

HSC
N/A
For question 3, i would say A too because i know that zip disks, CD and tapes are suitable for storing backups. B, C and D have floppy disks in it. Therefore it leads "A" to be the best answer.

By the way, i'm curious. What is a jazz disk? Theres no such thing right?

lexii

CrashOveride said:
do you mean OEM? [OEM=Original Equipment Manufacturer]. OEL is short for optoelectronics :p

Some other questions:

b) 11 tapes for 3 months
c) 3 tapes for 3 months

For the first one i don't think they provide enough information for anything but A to be correct. By my logic they would need 10 tapes (Mon-thursday + Weekly Back Up tape x 3 + monthly back up x 3).

And for the second, again i don't think enough information is provided, but i would be would have chosen one with ISP for the off-site security side, and again it would depend on the size of backups which they don't seem to mention.

Here's an easy one: Differentiate between routine and non-routine maintenance providing examples.

CrashOveride

HSC
Don't they reuse the monthly back up tapes? Then following from your statement, that's how i concluded 8 tapes. Four during the week and one for the weekly. Then those during the week get reused and we get a new one for week 2. And same for week 3. And when we get to week 4 we know have a monthly tape. So in this 1st month we have used 8. Then i thought they had enough tapes to reuse it for the 3 months ?

Yeah i agree with you for the storage backup one, by deduction thought and we're talking about a "firm" i'm pretty sure that rules out floppy disks, so it wud have to be A

Routine maitenance involes the upkeep of computer hardware and software on a regular basis and includes common tasks such as virus checking, defragmenting, monitor cleaning etc. daily, weekly, etc. Non-routine maitenance addresses specific problems when they arise and can include things such as replacing a faulty CD-ROM drive etc.

lexii

CrashOveride said:
Don't they reuse the monthly back up tapes? Then following from your statement, that's how i concluded 8 tapes. Four during the week and one for the weekly. Then those during the week get reused and we get a new one for week 2. And same for week 3. And when we get to week 4 we know have a monthly tape. So in this 1st month we have used 8. Then i thought they had enough tapes to reuse it for the 3 months ?

Yeah i agree with you for the storage backup one, by deduction thought and we're talking about a "firm" i'm pretty sure that rules out floppy disks, so it wud have to be A

Routine maitenance involes the upkeep of computer hardware and software on a regular basis and includes common tasks such as virus checking, defragmenting, monitor cleaning etc. daily, weekly, etc. Non-routine maitenance addresses specific problems when they arise and can include things such as replacing a faulty CD-ROM drive etc.
It all leads back to the lack of information provided by the question. It would be 8 provided they re-used the one monthly back-up tape, however, if there was a "bigger picture" grandfather-father-son back up, they would archive the monthly back-ups in succession after the 3 month period re-use them, making the total tapes needed 10. It's all just semantics.

konggo

HSC
CrashOveride said:

Some other questions:

b) 11 tapes for 3 months
c) 3 tapes for 3 months

to my knowlege you have to keep all information backed up for a minimal of 3 months (in thoery) but this never works but i would go with a

for this company i think you are going to be dealing with large information so the floppy is out of the question...BUt if you own the ISP and are able to upload all data to the manin server you looking at A ...so thats wht im going to

Last edited:

konggo

HSC
A class of software that helps groups of colleagues (workgroups) attached to a local-area network organize their activities. Typically, groupware supports the following operations:
# scheduling meetings and allocating resources

# password protection for documents

* telephone utilities

# electronic newsletters
# file distribution

Groupware is sometimes called workgroup productivity software.

konggo

HSC
ah i see....simlar to ACP PCI AND ISA ports rite...cool!!shows hows the studying freedom?

konggo

HSC
mwhaaaaa!! ive been drinkiing nonstop from my last exam which was physics(wednesday a week ago)..mmm baileys,and schnaps..mmmm anyway yeah well.

yeah its going well. a lot of prac exam this 2 days and well all notes done...well i gotta getback to drinking more baileys mmmmm...

Linda N

HSC
N/A
This is an easy question. Define relational database mangement system and file naming conventions.

konggo

HSC
HUH????do we need to know that??its no in any of the topic or sylabus.

by the way how do you rite a prcedure

Linda N

HSC
N/A
It's from the syllabus- Operating Computing Packages. Umm.. procedure? Can u be more specific? A procedure includes steps in point form.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
u guys are monsters, how do u study for this subject? i can't seem to be bothered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)