It was easy! Do you agree? (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
The questions were easy.

Too easy.

I found I had too much to write and hence lacked structure :(. Particularly in Hamlet/R+G.

Cloudstreet was fine, I had a good argument and sustained it. Hamlet/R+G had a good argument but lacked quotes and any form of structure. Frontline was terrible!!! Argh.

NOO MORE ENGLISH!!!

Last edited:

BHHS

HSC
Yes, I would have preferred more specific questions. I feel like I was all over the place and had too much I wanted to write.

ashleypage

HSC
The King Lear question sucked, I really wanted one that just asked for two general interpretations, because then you actually get to show what you know.

Emma/Clueless and Frontline were really good though, it was also good that they asked for at least one ORT, rather than two.

Could have been a worse exam.

kaos12345

HSC
suprisingly easy LIKE WTF? no specified texts no specifc question... allowed for all my prepared responses to be easily adapted lol altogether wrote 24 pages

Steven Fulop

HSC
Yep, agree with the general consensus here.

The BR/BNW and Frontline questions were very easy, and the Yeats question really suited my line of argument.

Overall, I thought it was a very easy exam and am definately expecting high marks throughout.

Steve.

BlaaahBlaaah

HSC
I agree that it was pretty easy. I thought it was going to be waay harder. I was in luck because I was able to easily adapt what I had memorised to the question.

I thought I was going to have some trouble with King Lear, but I ended up finding it the easiest. Frontline was pretty easy. I didn't like the In the Wild question (the whole 'DIFFERENCES' part), but it was bearable.

Overall, a pretty good exam. I needed more time though, because I had way more I could write.

EmmyLou99388

queen of cleavage
HSC
yeah fairly easy.

good questions. i liked that they were all essays. BNW/BR was a bit iffy though, speeches great question, good they didnt nominate a certain one.

altogether, i think i did ok. better than i expected it was going to be.

Sharleexx

HSC
BNW + BR, I thought was abit backward with having to show the differences, as there are too many similarities and not many differences except for the context and the representation of the worlds. Meh.

King Lear, ONE intense relationship.. I spoke about a few, referring to the quotes I had memorised last night. ROFL. Ill-prepared. + only discussed ONE other production, which was fairly out of topic. Also discussed only ONE scene. =(

Frontline. Hmm. The question was alright, but I didn't go too well with it.

Overall, the exam wasn't in favour.

SO LONG, ENGLISH!

STEIN

HSC
I was expecting worse. The questions certainly seemed easy...if you're someone unlike myself and actually did work throughout the year in english lol. Expecting around 35/60

emmisue

HSC
i think the questions, bar lear, were very general. which in turn made it hard, because 2 do well we will hav 2 hav written outstanding essays. id hoped for more specific questions, so that everyone with prepared essays would find it hard. damn i shouldve focused more on the ones i prepared this week...

with lear, what did you guys put in? apart from relationships obviously. i fitted in characterization, setting, language techniques and 2 interpretains, but i didnt have muhc on themes.. only mentioned i justice in his relationships a few times.. will that detract from my mark?

for emma/clueless, what 2 bits did you guys do/ I did social setting thus value system, and characterisation and irony n bildungs-roman techniques to show this.

i did this section 1st, se my intro is sooo unsophisticated.. it gets better tho. will that cost me much? I was told if ur intro isnt grabbing and sophisticated, u r screwed..

Kevin.W.McDee

HSC
That was by far the easiest modules paper I have ever seen!
I was extremely well prepared, it wasn't too hot, time wasnt a problem.
I have no excuses but i just choked. Worst modules responses I have ever written. English is guna destroy my UAI! I HATE ENGLISH! ITS OVER!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOORAY!!!!!:bomb:

ALKHHKLA

HSC
Whats with the Harwood question, intense human emotions. argggggg

cupid4u

HSC
Its wasnt "easy" but as everyone has said, the q's were just tooo general
and it allowed all the people who didnt do much work or preprapered an advantage.

I think i went fairly average, i was abit scared i didnt answer the q's right
like the elements one... i didnt know if structure and character were elements?
someone please say they are.

I thought cuz it was so general, their mgiht be a trick somewhere?

The frontline was wierd, MY response. i didnt use pronoun or anything, but i hoped that i did it correctly

Wuthering heights... personal relationships? ahh i didnt study that, but atleast it was easy.
i said that the personal relationship was so intense that it affected everyone else in the novel... seen througgh narrative structure e.g nelly saying she wished emily stopped breathing... because her husband was coming and it would distress him to see catehrine and heathcliff together.
I also did a paragraph on the 2nd generation, and how the intense relationship between hareton and cathy undid wrongs and restored balance.

hmmmmm

cant wait for the results. I either did really bad or really good

defaultPlayer

HSC
i don't think =i think its pretty much say what you need and you'll get it.. but i do hope the HSC markers are people who look to give away marks :)

i got all my techniques that needed to be said either in one form or another but lacked sophistication. But answered questions, importantly :)

antheajirgens

HSC
N/A
yea it was really good. Bit screwed from King Lear coz i didnt have enough just about relationships so i BS'd a bit about him in the strorm scene even though it was totally unrelated. Frontline was soooo generall so i had no idea were to start, Blade runner/ brave new world was awsome- so all up fairly happy. Definately could have been a thousand times worse.
NOO MORE ENGLISH EVER!!! TWO MORE EXAMS AND I'M DONE!!!!
:)

HSC
a bit tooo easy if you ask me. i was expecting there to be specified.. or speeches or conversations or something

With cluless i talked about the 'features' or whatever it was of characters and themes, so that i could incorporate the themes of vanity and social structure in to it as well.

Strecthed it abit of harwood.. somehow discussed how emotion of loss in glass jar and prizegiving lol.
\
Hoping for ok marks!

Steven Fulop

HSC
I thought the comparative for BR/BNW was one of the easier questions :S

The modernist/post-modernist comparison, obviously the context, the degree to which each composer has displayed their futuristic worlds, the differing prophetic warnings of both composers and the underlying ironies embedded within both texts could all be used as lines of argument.

Oh well, as people are saying, good riddance to HSC English.

Time to move on and get studying for tomorrow's challenge.

Expected Mark: 53-58/60

Cheers.

mallie89

Almost free!
HSC
It was so easy! All 3 questions fitted my prepared responses so well that it wasn't hard to adapt them

BNW/BR - I agree with Sharlee - there are waaaay too many similarities.. but I spoke about their use of technology and the portrayal of the worlds, so I hope that was okay.. I got 9 pages out of it

King Lear - suited my prepared paragraph on King Lear so perfectly (I looked at family conflict as a theme) so I did Lear and his relationship with his daughters and it was great for the intensity and importance.. i got 8 pages for that

and Frontline - could it have been more broad?! I think you could have prepared anything to do with truth and you would have been fine. 9 pages for this one too

BUT YAY ITS OVER (plus it was SO SO much EASIER than journeys)

YIPEEEEEEE

NovaAesa

HSC
It was easy, but I still think I f#&ked up pretty bad. I only wrote about 3.5 pages for powerplay :( ran out of time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)