It was easy! Do you agree? (2 Viewers)

Jessica14

HSC
I agree with the general consensus. It wasn't too bad a paper.

Mod A: did BR/BNW. Probably the worst section of the paper for me. I wasn't expecting contrasting, as you guys said before, i thought it was about comparing. But I managed to write an ok essay.

Mod B: did Harwood. Easy question compared to some of the others we've seen on the HSC. I talked about desire as an emotional response for Prize-Giving and Alter Ego.

Mod C: did Frontline. I hate this module and left it until last. Only wrote 6 pages, I couldn't be bothered to do anymore. I'm glad they only asked for 1 ORT.

Does everyone here write 10+ on essays, or do u keep quiet if it's less? I did 7.5 pages for br/bnw and harwood, and 6 for frontline.

lil dynamyt

HSC
The questions they asked i thought were easy too...but then that meant more i could write about and hence i was pushed for time.

Module A : BR/BNW- i didnt finish because i left it last. Probably the most difficult of the questions because the two texts are so similar.

Module B: King Lear- Loved the question. I was happy with the essay i wrote. I focused on the relationship between Lear and Cordelia.

Module C: Frontline- I used 2 ORTS even though i could have used one. I thought the question was a little too general and so there was a hell of a lot of information to write about.

Overall i thought i did just ok...but i was really pushed for time.

Well thats goodbye to english!!!! YAY!!

conroy1234

supermeatpie
HSC
heck yes, so much easier than i thought it'd be!

simple, straight forward questions, and the King Lear question fitted my essay great

the only kinda odd one was the Blade Runner/Brave New World question, may have screwed that up a bit

NO MORE ENGLISH!!!

boo ya!

Ademir

HSC
section 1 = pretty hard at first, but once you think about it, its easy

section 2 = ditto, but to a lesser extent. easier

section 3 = easy

overall a better paper than previous years

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
It don't think it was super easy - but it was generally good compared to other years. Most of the questions were broad and a majority of the people here seemed to have performed well so it means there is a lot of competition...

I didn't pre-prepare essasy but was able to tackle the questions well and it made sense so i'm happy. hopefully I answered the questions...

MOD A: Hamlet/Ros & Guil - the question was ok. I interpreted the 'elements' as the themes/values and how Stoppard has utilised the transformation process to 'ingeniously' reshape Hamlet to atend to his new context. How did everyone else do this question?

MOD B: Speeches - luckily they didn't specify a speech although I was kinda hoping they would just to see who actually studied all the speeches in close detail. Here I discussed the ideals of egalitarianism and liberty in Lincoln and freedom of speech and equality in Goldman...

MOD C: Powerplay - the question was very general so I'm wondering if I did it right. I just explored the different concepts of power, the perspectives of power and its interplay and how they were unconventional and hence challenged my views on the concept of 'powerplay'

my hand started hurting near the end...it's still sore

hopefully the nature of the questions doesn't force the markers to be more strict in their marking OMG. wat do u guys think?

anyway, good luck to everyone with the rest of their exams...I'm finished by next Wednesday woohoo!!! just about 1 week left for me!!!

Last edited:

Wellsy(07hsc)

HSC
HOW GOOD, was not being asked to structure the responces in a different text type, say a feature article, speech or discussion for example. I guess that was the real highlight. Three essays is highly uncommon.

O yeah!

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Wellsy(07hsc) said:
HOW GOOD, was not being asked to structure the responces in a different text type, say a feature article, speech or discussion for example. I guess that was the real highlight. Three essays is highly uncommon.

O yeah!
I dunno, I would rather have had a speech or something to break up the essays! But what's done is done.

Module B question sucked for Ondaatje. It was possibly the worst question that I could've been asked imo. Meh. The Frontline one was great though.

Kmara2nv

HSC
ordnaiv said:
It don't think it was super easy - but it was generally good compared to other years. Most of the questions were broad and a majority of the people here seemed to have performed well so it means there is a lot of competition...

I didn't pre-prepare essasy but was able to tackle the questions well and it made sense so i'm happy. hopefully I answered the questions...

MOD A: Hamlet/Ros & Guil - the question was ok. I interpreted the 'elements' as the themes/values and how Stoppard has utilised the transformation process to 'ingeniously' reshape Hamlet to atend to his new context. How did everyone else do this question?

MOD B: Speeches - luckily they didn't specify a speech although I was kinda hoping they would just to see who actually studied all the speeches in close detail. Here I discussed the ideals of egalitarianism and liberty in Lincoln and freedom of speech and equality in Goldman...

MOD C: Powerplay - the question was very general so I'm wondering if I did it right. I just explored the different concepts of power, the perspectives of power and its interplay and how they were unconventional and hence challenged my views on the concept of 'powerplay'

my hand started hurting near the end...it's still sore

hopefully the nature of the questions doesn't force the markers to be more strict in their marking OMG. wat do u guys think?

anyway, good luck to everyone with the rest of their exams...I'm finished by next Wednesday woohoo!!! just about 1 week left for me!!!
well i for hamlet and ragad i spoke about how the values and themes from hamlet had changed to RAGAD becoz of the different contexts of the playwriteres

e.g. existensialism an other bullshit

but yeaaa

wuthering heights was a mothafucka

and bday letters was goood but rushed it like krazyyy

good luck to everyone in other exams

bec Cacc

HSC
Ok what paper were you doing I got to the Lear question and nearly cried. It was too hard to remember quotes cause I learnt it for the themes. BR and BNW question was fine and Frontline wasnt bad either once I stopped panicking

bec Cacc

HSC
No it was not easy. Maybe you didnt interpret the questions properly. Don't get too cocky wait until you get your results back

aQWAYNEtance

HSC
hello hello !

welll after that exam im glad ENGLISH IS OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
DID I MENTION FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR!!!

it was okay.
emma/clueless - elements were social class and marriage (pretty general stuff)
king lear - relationship with his daughters and himself
frontline - pretty general question

HORAHHH !:)

anyways i have business 2mro.
anyone care for a chat about how they are going to spend the next 5 hours before sleep time ?

:santa: CHRISTMAS ISSSS SOOOOOON !!! =)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sarang1703

HSC
Yeah agree with the general discussion, a very broad paper (most parts atleast) and very happy that they did not include specifics like last year!!
ALso the related material was brought down to just one in frontline which changed from past few years, i had prepared for 2 so i wrote it anyway...
Gwen Harwwon qs was perhaps the hardest asking for emotions rather than interpretations which was a bit tricky, oh well all in all not so bad...
Just ecstatic that english is over, no more of this analysing texts bs, lol, although gonna miss bitching about it with friends... hehe, neways gud luk ppl with the other exams!!
Cheers...

singh in tune

HSC
i thought the paper was pretty fair...cant believe they asked for one additional material.

What did everyone write as the 2 differences for the in the wild BR/BNW question?

Is this also correct?

1st difference: difference in both settings and used techniqes to support such as film noir and difference in contexts

2nd difference- BR shows nature compelelty destroyed where as BNW shows some nature through the reservation

3rd difference- how BR dominated more by commerce and corparate gain where as BNW more concerned with science and sterility

Also, what abt the difference of how BNW set in AF632 is ultrafuturistic and BR in LA2019

mable

HSC
HA I never thought I would say this but I loved that exam... yeh the questions were general and I never did practice essays as such, but they were easy enough to manipulate (ha never have to use that word without wanting to again). I was kinda hoping for something other than an essay, I wrote a mad ass feature article for frontline in class, but still... Sdly I ran out of time for King Lear but still managed to write six pages in about 15 minutes...and I managed six booklets!!!!! OK i'll stop blabbing but I'm just on a high right now.... NO MORE ENGLISH FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES (except for extension) BUT NO MORE ADVANCED ENGLISH FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES.....t'is an odd feeling

Far-Kew

HSC
the questions were so simple, wish i had leanrt my essays just a bit better....

saw the simplicity of the frontline question and let out a laugh during reading time. :p

MirrorBall

HSC
I reckon they gave us HEAPS to play with. But yeah, maybe a little too much. I can see thousands of students squealing with delight over how much control the board gave us all.

I hope I did well :)

Hairey

HSC
mable said:
and I managed six booklets!!!!!
god, no offence or anything but i would hate to read 6 booklets worth of HSC english lol
i didnt even write 3... but then i dont have the grandest of expectations either

am i going to fail for answering the telling the truth questoin in the first person? the question was asked in second person so it kinda seemed logical

mitchbazza

HSC
Okay so here's how i see it.

Firstly to everyone who thinks it was hard.. take a look at every other past english paper 2.. we got off so easy. No specification, small number of additional texts, all essays.

I did BR/BNW, Telling the truth- Birthday letters and Speeches.

Also an exam like this with broad questions is perfect for someone like me. Personally i despise english (you can probably tell from my grammar), and honestly the only work ive done all year is right before assessments. In an exam like todays, i can go in with my prepared essays and they all fit, i dont need to know the texts well, heck i havent even seen Sylvia the movie that i used as an additional text. This squishes the deviation between the top english students and average ones like me down so the effect this has on UAI's is less, as, if the questions were specific, kids who knew their texts and studied would have been at a great advantage over literary retards like myself.

Anyone else defering for a year and getting trashed until you can't remember an ounce of the course then attending university to find that it's easier to scam your way through than the hsc, so returning to your lifelong goal of being a professional gamer. No one?.

So really to everyone who is better than me at english.. lolz rofl k thx bai

doofyduck01

HSC
Hairey said:
am i going to fail for answering the telling the truth questoin in the first person? the question was asked in second person so it kinda seemed logical
hahah no! i used first person now and then throughout when linking to the question, it is perfectly fine to do so, and it is perfectly fine not to do so, either way your personal response is coming through and thats what counts :)

mable

HSC
Hairey said:
god, no offence or anything but i would hate to read 6 booklets worth of HSC english lol
i didnt even write 3... but then i dont have the grandest of expectations either

Haha yes I do feel slightly sorry for the markers, I went a bit overboard but my writing is quite big and towards the end my hand completely tensed up, and my writing just got bigger and messier. .. the telling the truth question was a personal response question, you had to say how it shaped how you viewed "telling the truth" or whetever, can't really remeber the complete question...so no you're not going to fail...i almost forgot about the whole personal reponse thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)