itp (1 Viewer)

Zara

okay, does anyone know what the go with the scalling of itp was like? i was going shit in the course and worked my ass of to get a 77 in the test, not that good.. but heaps better than i was going before.. then i jsut find out that my 77 becomes a 57 cuz it got scaled down, after we were told it was going to get scaled up.
my uai isnt at all what i wanted.
does anyone know what the go is there?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
It's true, IPT scales down. Even an HSC Mark of 100 scaled down a bit, so it's not surprising your mark of 77 would go down that much.

Zara

thanx,
im jsut pissed... i never knew it scalled down.. specially that much.. but all well not much i can do about it now. just lucky i got into uni early i spose!
howd u go?

Huy

HSC
N/A
does anyone know what the go with the scalling of itp was like?
If you're calling it ITP - it'll scale down already, no matter who you are.
i never knew it scalled down.. specially that much
See the main index.

"ITP" has a scaled mean of 23.1 or thereabouts, out of 50.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah, probably.

It also doesn't help when I wake up and I have two newspapers staring me in the face.

I didn't even flick through it - only to be met with the same crap on MSN and BOS webpages.

^___^
HSC
i didn't read the papers..and i won't

i dun think reading who topped what and who got that perfect score will cheer my day up...

Huy

HSC
N/A
you're damn right "..."

You deserve a higher UAI!

*pretends to be UAC*

"Here you are... "

I didn't read the SMH or DT, even though they were sitting on the kitchen table - SOMEONE (not me) in my household bought it - I woke up to newspapers.

I turn on my monitor, and what do you know - tonnes of MSN messages with sympathetic messages and people who are "concerned".

I come to BOS, and I am met with more "official" BOS web pages listing things I had avoided - newspapers and stats/lists.

Woe is me.

Vortex

!
HSC
a 77 gets scaled to just something around 64 in 2002 while in 2001, it would probably be scaled to around 70
i think.....

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm surprised at those figures, because one person from my IPT class, who was ranked 5th or so (he never showed up to class, LOL!) ended up getting about 78 for his HSC mark.

Surprisingly well, I might add, because it wasn't one of his best subjects, although he was a lot better than the rest of the class, in terms of the marks being awarded. Having said that, he and I had a discussion at midnight (I had came home from a party) about IPT/UAI (as you do), and he was favoured in terms of alignment.

Overall, I am very happy at the results this year - for IPT. They were very high and I hope this trend continues into the future. We need to push IPT's scaled mean to well over 23/50. :)

Well done to everybody, and I mean this genuinely (I'm sorry about the other posts, it's UAI-related). Anyway, congrats to this year's group, we made it! :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
ITP... I feel good! :D

juggernaut, not anytime soon, my friend. :)

holl

There was only about 3% of people who got band 6 in ipt. So wouldnt that help your UAI if you were in band 6 becuase it is obviously a hard subject?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by holl
There was only about 3% of people who got band 6 in ipt. So wouldnt that help your UAI if you were in band 6 becuase it is obviously a hard subject?
Yes, it would. :)

holl

Ah ok. So band 6 people were scaled up but others were scaled down?

Huy

HSC
N/A
I believe most would have been scaled up, this year. From all accounts, everybody had increases in their assessment marks - although this would have been effected by 'superior performances' in the hsc examinations themselves. I haven't heard any complaints about IPT yet, as everybody I've spoken to had received more than generous marks in terms of assessment marks and exam marks (exceeding their own expectations).

I can only speak for myself here, but I was only favoured when it came to my assessment mark, with an additional +4 marks (four more marks can make a world of difference), but when it came to the exam mark, I was expecting a much higher mark (it was still a Band 6, but after doing the HSC exam paper, leaving a good half-hour early - I was expecting about 96).

Here is a thread, that I had created, shortly after I finished the HSC exam (and went home).

My words were:
Originally posted by Huy
Hey guys,

I'll get this exam paper up onto the Internet before the exam even finishes (officially), LOL! :p :D

I finished at 4:35pm or thereabouts

Estimated 95-96%
2003 HSC Exam Paper *INSIDE*
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16368

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)