• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

itp (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lil_star
hey what was 88 scaled to?
Last year, 80.3
This year, I don't know. :)

holl

I got an extra 2 points on my assesment mark. I may have got more if the other people in my class cared about ipt. If they had actually tried in the exam, our exam marks would have been even higher than our assesment marks as a class and so they would have pushed up our assesment marks. I was like the only one who actually cared about ipt. But i'm still pleased with my marks.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I know exactly what you're talking about, holl. I received an additional four marks over my raw assessment mark, but I think it would have been a lot more had my class bothered to complete assessments, attend class, or complete set homework and exams. Most decided to walk out during the CSSA Trials and I had seen a few walk out of the HSC Exams, if I'm not mistaken.

Our average at school had been below 50, which is very disappointing to see - in any course (I think our average was less than 50, in terms of assessment marks alone, in Chemistry as well). I figure, like you, that if my classmates had given it a fair go, our marks would have been a lot better as a group, rather than on an individual basis.

I was the 'most enthusiastic' about our exams and the subject throughout the year (as had been the case in previous years, Years 9-10 Computing Studies and Year 11 Preliminary IPT). Being the only one who cares, to use your words, is very disappointing in a class where 95% of your classmates don't listen, don't do what they're told and generally run riot.

I'm not entirely pleased with my marks, as you no doubt would have known by now, but there's nothing else I can do to change anything. My teacher would have been a little disappointed in my final HSC mark, but I suppose it is an expected minimum mark, from my perspective (as top student in IPT, two years running).

holl

Same. I topped ipt in every assesment. In the hsc only 4 people bothered to stay until the end. In our half yearlys i got 79 (our teacher marked very hard) and then the second mark was about 62 with the lowest mark being 9. If the others actually took an interest in the subject, my mark would have been better. I got 90 which i am pleased with because as i said our teacher marked hard, so for the trials i got about 82, which i was expecting to get in the hsc, but now the more i think about it, the more i realise how i could have done better with a little help from my class.

Last edited:

juggernaut

HSC
whocares about others.. i mean really, if your coming 1st, then why are u worrying about the ability of others

Huy

HSC
N/A
There's no I in team?

juggernaut

HSC
there is an I when u go home everyday and do homework, complete assessments, and sit exams but

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)