ITT: FML I hate uni. (1 Viewer)

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I am actually happy that the uws wireless internet is a fail... it means I don't go on facebook on my laptop when I'm meant to be studying.
Miraculously, the uni wireless connection will let me access neither gmail nor facebook. My two favourite time wasters are gone. I am so much more productive now.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Haha, I had a 5 hour break last year and I managed to squander all but about an hour of it every single week without fail.
Same here. It's just so easy to do. :)

Raix

HSC
So one of my group members dropped the course, no one told me. I found out cause the other member posted on the discussion board saying we needed another member. It's not that much of a biggie cause we got someone else, and organizing it tomorrow but it'd be nice to be informed.

Otacon2009

HSC
Yes, please do.
Well, the slide says the following (it was about how to make interpretations)

"The science fiction horror film Alien is a complex representation of the monstrous-feminine in terms of the maternal figure as perceived within a patriarchal ideology … According to Freud every child either watches its parents in the act of sexual intercourse, or has fantasies about that act … the primal scene … … three of the crew enter the body of an unknown spaceship through a “vaginal” opening … This representation of the primal scene recalls Freud’s reference to an extreme primal scene fantasy where the subject imagines travelling back inside the womb to watch his/her parents having sexual intercourse, perhaps to watch her/himself being conceived"

-Barbara Creed (1990) ‘Alien and the monstrous-feminine’, in Annette Kuhn (ed) Alien Zone: cultural theory and contemporary science fiction cinema, London and New York: Verso, 128-141, pp128-9.

It's why I hate subject that make everything vauge and ambigious. It pisses me off more that I did a similar course in 2008 and was glad to see the end of it.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Had an unexpected burst of motivation at uni today. But now that I'm home, it's gone :(

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
  • Last Thursday- witness competition round 1
  • Monday (yesterday) - moot round 1
  • Tuesday - advocacy practical class...
  • Tuesday - ...immediately followed by a class presentation
Got to organise four weeks of events for April/May for our Student Society as well, most of which is done but people are still failing to get back to me when they say they will

And a publication for May

Too much to do. And I heaped much of it on myself so I can't even blame the university :mad1:

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Is anyone else writing a report etc and finding they're just doing what they did in HS? I did that a bit, then looked back and saw it was crap! Ahhhh! I didn't even analyse as per the q! fgs this is interesting yet annoying :) Still, I found myself ENJOYING the subject in the process?! What is wrong with this picture??? I dislike marketing!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have the attention span of a freaking goldfish today and NOTHING is getting done but I have to get this stupid online post done by midnight

like ok I was reading a good novel and put it down to go dig out all my old cosmo mags because they required less concentration

then my sister came and put a movie on and i drifted off into la la land 5 minutes in

so actually sitting still and reading something of academic merit for longer than about 30 seconds is not happening

aaaa

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
so actually sitting still and reading something of academic merit for longer than about 30 seconds is not happening
Yeah, I'm the same. I find that doing them in short bursts is the way to get through them i.e. every hour or so do about 15 minutes of reading.

HSC
Uni Grad
I found much the same thing, mainly when I have a shit load of pages on the same thing going on and on.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
YAY!!

found a new group for business strategy, they have the same case studies as we did. people dropped out of their group too. so yay!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)