• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ivory Trail Help Help (1 Viewer)

swaddog

swaddog
HSC
how do i talk about this text in relation to imaginative journey im so screwed cuz i kno how to talk stuf about it i just dont know how to make it imaginative lolz help help plz

miaowsha

HSC
Thanks, those are quite helpful. is there anywhere else I could find some?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Perhaps his imagining the journey he takes as he goes in search for ivory or whatever, which is depicted through the structure of the bookcover - his looking up at the journey.

I wrote this for a while ago(it's in relation to physical journey though), hope it helps :)

This journey providing the opportunity for one to learn and gain from their experiences is again illustrated in The Ivory Trail from the BOS Booklet. The protagonist undertakes a journey into a foreign world, as he goes in search for “ivory”. This has been portrayed through the composer’s depiction of the protagonist as a western boy and his surroundings comprising of images of a desert, the sphinx, the pyramid and a religious architecture – all elements foreign to his world. The composer’s use of various colors portrays the different emotions that are stimulated in the protagonist, as he continually undergoes this journey. Black and purple exposes a sense of eeriness, whereas red illustrates the frustration and anxiety that he is constantly feeling. These feelings are associated with the obstacles and challenges of the physical journey. In the protagonist case, he is faced with moving through harsh conditions as denoted from the desert and elements that perhaps prevented him to continue his journey – having to solve the riddle of the Sphinx. The religious architecture being placed in the far background symbolizes a sense of enlightenment. Thus signifying that through the emotions that have manifested in the protagonist through the obstacles he had encounter; it had allowed him to achieve self-growth and knowledge of being able to overcome the difficulties in life. The line of “not all journeys have an ending” corresponds with this as it depicts that the journey is indeed a continuous process, which promotes one to grow and learn more about themselves.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)