James Ruse are cheaters and the BOS do not care. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
thewhitecomet said:
Hey, we did t-formula this year lol. and yes, circle geo was done in year 10.

I don't believe JR will blatantly cheat like that. There's something called acceleration and in my grade, they accelerated 110 boys in maths. I for one, did my 2U maths this year. and the truth is, anyone who takes their education seriously probably goes to a tutoring college who will teach beforehand everything. And people will always try to point the finger at some aspect or another- but the simple truth is... James Ruse works a lot harder than any other school. There's no easy option to do well in the HSC, you only get the highest UAIs by working your ass off, and that's exactly what JR is doing. No magic medicine, or cheating going on there.
their not cheaters thats the point. it just that certain people like to put up theories and also assume they are for their own reasons.

cigazze

My wit's out to lunch
HSC
i think that the major tool james ruse has, is access to the cream of the crop. they accept people that are willing to work harder than most, and that have the capacity to accelerate and deal with concepts well in advance. thats what all selective schools do.

and they do it just so they can provide an environment where the students can work at their potential level. thats hardly cheating

r1dback

HSC
N/A
The BOS favoring the JR students? You gotta be kidding. The BOS actually disadvantages the hard working and talented students from any school by producing dumbed down syllabuses for many subjects. Go to http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/ and see what real exams look like. In addition, in many countries you need to have prerequisites or sit prescribed exams in order to enroll in a specific uni course. For example, in US you need to take the MCAT exam to apply to a medical school, subject like “Farting Continuers” won’t do much good.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
James Ruse is number one and will stay there for many years. Just accept it.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
What the ...is the name of this thread?

I've just read a few articles about James Ruse and some of their results but I *thumb up*. They are smart people and smart people need special programs to keep up with the developments of their abilities. There's nothing call 'cheating' here at all. They get accelerated because they can kick the butts of other seniors students. If so, bravo, go for it! Let them all get HSC in year 10! They can, mates.

There is some doubt about the relevance of yr 7-10 programs because now, people want students to have 1 year shorter than normal for the junior high. This means: 7-9 junior high, 10-11, senior high. No more yr 12. This question arises from a large number of yr 10 and yr 11 are studying ahead and are capable to take HSC at their years already. To fulfill their talents, throw them a book at Uni level and teach them? Not a smart solution as then the whole uni schedules will be disturbed. Things need time to change. So, be more competent, diligent and intelligent as far as possible! Full academic development at young age is becoming a popular tendency.

To those who call JRers cheaters: Don't be jealous!

Last edited:

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Just don't see the big deal in the whole issue. If the people at James Ruse are working hard, let them. I also thought that stuff covered in Year 11 and 12 was touched on in earlier years by most schools anyway. We learned Polynomials and circles in Year 10, and they're on the Extension Maths Course for Year 11. Also, we covered equations of motion in science in Year 9 that were only supposed to be covered in Year 11 and 12 physics.

Last edited:

kony

HSC
Most students would have not the motivation to start year 12 work early, and also probably don't have the ability to understand the work very well if allowed the chance to do it a year or two beforehand.

Only James Ruse, with its highest cutoff in the selective schools test can have every single student be willing to some degree to go ahead, and face difficult theory before everyone else.

Other schools, such as Sydney High, simply do not have the consistency across the board to implement such a program.

Prosper

HSC
I think the issue here is that accelerating usually involves starting the work earlier and doing the HSC in those subjects earlier. But what is happening here is that they are starting the work earlier but doing the HSC exams later, which results in an unfair situation as they have known the work a lot longer than any other school. However, as stated I bet all of them are in attendance at some form of tutoring school and all know the work from year 7 lol.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
james ruse papers arent really hard, and nor is their coursework they learn the same shit anyone else does, i went to a public school i practised their year 11/12 trails and exams including 2007 exams in comparison my public school exams were harder and i did better at all james ruse papers i mainly practised maths and the sciences. they werent as hard as people make em out to be. James ruse does well because their entire school does well as a collective not because they accelerated. the students there are commited to study as a whole..in a public school u might have 10-15 kids who want to actually do something worthwhile that takes a lot of effort. In james ruse pretty much everyone is commited coz if theyre not theyre guna get thrown the fuck outta there. Accelarating subjects isnt that hard either anyone can do it (yes i accelerated a subject from a public school just that the opportunity isnt as much in most schools). its just that their school gives them the opportunity to, and most public schools are fuckheads not to give a chance to people who do well in their school, and they shud allow them to accelerate it if they have high caliber students who want to achieve and do well. and NO i didnt go to any selective or James ruse for that matter i went to a pretty shit school that duznt even come top 200 in the state. but, in the end its your performance that counts if u can manage to stay 1st at everything u do in a public school nobody else's marks will affect yours and u can even get a state ranking. (we did get state rankings btw) and u as an individual can beat any damn kid from james ruse with or without any advantage. Its all bout working hard just coz ur school duznt teach u in advance doesnt mean u cant learn on ur own in advance.

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
So, does that mean everyone who goes to a tutoring college are cheaters? Because, at tutoring colleges you're accelerated way ahead. (This is supposed to be a sarcastic/defensive remark)

munchiecrunchie

HSC
there's a difference between being accelerated and learning things ahead.

being accelerated is actually legitimately learning the content at the same pace as an older year, which = ok

learning ahead is like stuffing HSC content into younger years so that they already have an advantage over everyone else = not ok

i remember my english teacher telling us that we couldn't study certain texts because it "isnt in the spirit of the hsc"

i was even kicked out of my english class for a term in Yr 11 because i had already studied that text in a younger year.

its disappointing to hear that james ruse doesnt play by the rules.

Paj20

HSC
accelerated shouldnt happen for some subjects, either all or none.

The HSC isnt really much of a step up from about yr 10, excpet more content to know. If you have good books that stick the syllabus you could do HSC Topics well before yr 12. All students should have this option to make it fair. Otherwise kids are getting to the HSC with two subjects left becuase the subjects they wanted to do were 'accelertated' in previous years. Also when this happens they usually just disregard a whole year of the subject which obviously isnt needed but other people still have to do it when they could be learning HSC content.

Hamchan

HSC
I go to Sydney Boys and currently we have accelerated classes. It's a great idea, if the students can handle it why should they get held back? The idea isn't to give the students an advantage or "cheat" ,as some put it, in the HSC. If you want though you can easily go tutoring or buy study books if you want an advantage, just put in the work and you will get the marks.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Hamchan said:
I go to Sydney Boys and currently we have accelerated classes. It's a great idea, if the students can handle it why should they get held back? The idea isn't to give the students an advantage or "cheat" ,as some put it, in the HSC. If you want though you can easily go tutoring or buy study books if you want an advantage, just put in the work and you will get the marks.
qft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)