James Ruse are cheaters and the BOS do not care. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Selective schools don't neccessarily have the best facilities or teachers.

dp624

HSC
Regardless, of whether or not James Ruse are exploiting the system. They are pretty much a shoe in to succeed. They have some of the best teachers in Australia, the best resources (Hell, i go to a public school and we don't even have heating in science or enough chairs in the classrooms) and textbooks, not to mention that scaling on the their school cos everyone does so well while the rest of us in a dodge bio class where no one wants to study have no chance of competing. If it wasn't for rural UAI point i would have no chance on this earth of getting into medicine just because most of the people at my school don't even care about the HSC.

So James Ruse can go screw themselves just because their parents can afford to send their children to some ritzy, selective school. Universities have scholarships and places reserved just for them. Equality within all schools across the state says Board of Studies. Look me in the eye and tell me that.. look me in the eye when i take UMAT and 90% of the people are from selective schools... Look me in the eye and tell me that the system is fair when most of my class fails. I challenge you Board of Studies.:burn:
i lol'd at this person's ignorance

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Regardless, of whether or not James Ruse are exploiting the system. They are pretty much a shoe in to succeed. They have some of the best teachers in Australia, the best resources (Hell, i go to a public school and we don't even have heating in science or enough chairs in the classrooms) and textbooks, not to mention that scaling on the their school cos everyone does so well while the rest of us in a dodge bio class where no one wants to study have no chance of competing. If it wasn't for rural UAI point i would have no chance on this earth of getting into medicine just because most of the people at my school don't even care about the HSC.

So James Ruse can go screw themselves just because their parents can afford to send their children to some ritzy, selective school. Universities have scholarships and places reserved just for them. Equality within all schools across the state says Board of Studies. Look me in the eye and tell me that.. look me in the eye when i take UMAT and 90% of the people are from selective schools... Look me in the eye and tell me that the system is fair when most of my class fails. I challenge you Board of Studies.:burn:
epic lols, total bullshit :rofl:

Its fair, end of story, James Ruse takes the cream of the crop, because those kids are dedicated, get over it everyone,

Anyway, if you try you can 100 UAI, just that you have a better chance at ruse, but you can still "TRY"

ptrgrgry

HSC
As far as I thought, accelerating is not that you start studying for a subject or topic 2 (or whatever) years before you give the exam for it... if you wanna acclerate, you have to give the hsc exam the year you study for it accordingly.
I think this is incredibely unfair, because I'm sure other students from other schools are as much capable of learning the hsc course in yr11 and gaining an advantantage when revising it in yr12 AGAIN...making it so much easier on them.
But I'm not sure about all the facts...so correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe you just said it perfectly.
Students from other schools are just as capable.
If the students of James Ruse want to excel then of course they are allowed to but, in my eyes, studying the HSC content before the HSC year is cheating when there are regulations which only govern other schools.

This parallels quite well with the Chinese examination system in 1905 which aimed at producing an educated elite when the majority of peasants were illiterate and poverty-stricken. I see myself as a peasant in this modern day situation in which I attend an over-enrolled, rural, severly financially disadvantaged public school, with virtually no resources, and unqualified mentally-unstable teachers. The highest UAI will be 94 (if it's a good year) and the majority of us will seek no further education, or, at most, a TAFE course.

But the thing is... I am actually really passionate about education yet am somewhat condemned to a lifestyle I have no control over. The huge problem with James Ruse is the fact that they have this advantage over me; it is pre-determined who will recieve the higher UAIs. I am a firm believer in equality and the individual achieving success on their own accord and such a situation opposes any strand of this philosophy.

dp624

HSC
I believe you just said it perfectly.
Students from other schools are just as capable.
If the students of James Ruse want to excel then of course they are allowed to but, in my eyes, studying the HSC content before the HSC year is cheating when there are regulations which only govern other schools.
the students at ruse are actually selected in, so they're rather more capabale to begin with.

This parallels quite well with the Chinese examination system in 1905 which aimed at producing an educated elite when the majority of peasants were illiterate and poverty-stricken. I see myself as a peasant in this modern day situation in which I attend an over-enrolled, rural, severly financially disadvantaged public school, with virtually no resources, and unqualified mentally-unstable teachers. The highest UAI will be 94 (if it's a good year) and the majority of us will seek no further education, or, at most, a TAFE course.

But the thing is... I am actually really passionate about education yet am somewhat condemned to a lifestyle I have no control over. The huge problem with James Ruse is the fact that they have this advantage over me; it is pre-determined who will recieve the higher UAIs. I am a firm believer in equality and the individual achieving success on their own accord and such a situation opposes any strand of this philosophy.
it's not pre-determined - do not think that going to ruse will give you an enormous boost in uai. the students work for it, and it pays off.

Kezekya

HSC
epic lols, total bullshit :rofl:

Its fair, end of story, James Ruse takes the cream of the crop, because those kids are dedicated, get over it everyone,

Anyway, if you try you can 100 UAI, just that you have a better chance at ruse, but you can still "TRY"

Love the emphasis on TRY. James Ruse btw, has some damn fine ladies. People might think their all sad 24/7 bookworms. BUT their not. That's the point, their just like you and me. So, is it their fault that somehow excelled at an earlier point in their life? Passing their Selective exam with flying colours? Yes. Somethings in life, you just have to take. This is one of them, Shit happens.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

hahaha you're an idiot, i wonder how you get into med with that attitude.

'i dont like it so im going to whinge to noone that cares'

Love the emphasis on TRY. James Ruse btw, has some damn fine ladies. People might think their all sad 24/7 bookworms. BUT their not. That's the point, their just like you and me. So, is it their fault that somehow excelled at an earlier point in their life? Passing their Selective exam with flying colours? Yes. Somethings in life, you just have to take. This is one of them, Shit happens.
Damn right, it's a crime to have beauty and intelligence.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Damn right, it's a crime to have beauty and intelligence.
I will pay you $50 to find me some in James Ruse. It's pretty damn hard tommy. Also there are 1 or 2 Ruse fuckups every year that get 50something or 60something UAI.

Roguedeth

HSC
QQ you could too if the rest of your class wasn't so slack and/or takes a while to understand things.

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
I will pay you $50 to find me some in James Ruse. It's pretty damn hard tommy. Also there are 1 or 2 Ruse fuckups every year that get 50something or 60something UAI.
consider yourself misinformed and hypothetically bankrupt.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
i can name two from graduating class of 08
I know five from 08. They're gone now. The girls are getting uglier. In 3-4 years the school will be filled of girls that look like trainwrecks.

Also I am not misinformed and hypothetically bankrupt. As I have talked to some Ruse guy last year that got a UAI of 59, I can vouch for it. As I go to James Ruse, I spend my days searching for hot babes. There are, unfortunately, not many. The gradee above is the last one with a smattering of them, and with our grade, the hot babes come in rarities. Below my grade you'd be hardpressed to find more than 1-2.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I know five from 08. They're gone now. The girls are getting uglier. In 3-4 years the school will be filled of girls that look like trainwrecks.

Also I am not misinformed and hypothetically bankrupt. As I have talked to some Ruse guy last year that got a UAI of 59, I can vouch for it. As I go to James Ruse, I spend my days searching for hot babes. There are, unfortunately, not many. The gradee above is the last one with a smattering of them, and with our grade, the hot babes come in rarities. Below my grade you'd be hardpressed to find more than 1-2.
lol ruse for hot babes? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

go to some exclusive girl private schools, you can find lots there

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i herd d b1+chE$ at james ruse be unglier den boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)