James Ruse entry application and interview tips and questions (1 Viewer)

anyusernamewilldo

HSC
Hi all. Just finished up with the whole application and interview process. Just wanted to post my experience.

Application:
With all questions, try and focus on advertising your extracurricular activities. James Ruse wants students who aren't solely academic focus. Highlight your extracurricular activities. Also, use examples throughout your schooling (preferably recent) to emphasise your point (e.g., I demonstrate the value of acceptance through my participation in multicultural activities. This shows my inclusivity).

Interview Questions:
  1. Tell me a bit about yourself. Anything I should know?
  2. What is your favourite subject at school? What is your least favourite?
  3. How will you cope with the workload at James Ruse?
  4. You will be doing agriculture as a subject. What do you think?
  5. Have you had a look at our website? Are there any extracurricular activities that took your fancy?
  6. I have asked enough questions about you, do you have any questions about this school?
  7. Any questions Mum?
  8. What electives did you pick-leads on to a general discussion about electives and your choice.

NOTE:
  1. I do not remember the exact wording of each question, hence each question is paraphrased
  2. Your mother/father will be in the room with you, make sure you are the only one responding and they should only respond when asked

If you have any questions, feel free to DM or ask in the thread.

Maybe2004

HSC
So, I was planning to apply for James Ruse next year and I was just wondering whether they seem to care about which school the potential student goes to and what school you currently go to; whether it's a selective or non-selective school.

anyusernamewilldo

HSC
They prefer a Top 10 school. But if you apply correctly it doesn't matter. I applied from a Top 20 school and I still got in.

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
Hi all. Just finished up with the whole application and interview process. Just wanted to post my experience.

Application:
With all questions, try and focus on advertising your extracurricular activities. James Ruse wants students who aren't solely academic focus. Highlight your extracurricular activities. Also, use examples throughout your schooling (preferably recent) to emphasise your point (e.g., I demonstrate the value of acceptance through my participation in multicultural activities. This shows my inclusivity).

Interview Questions:
  1. Tell me a bit about yourself. Anything I should know?
  2. What is your favourite subject at school? What is your least favourite?
  3. How will you cope with the workload at James Ruse?
  4. You will be doing agriculture as a subject. What do you think?
  5. Have you had a look at our website? Are there any extracurricular activities that took your fancy?
  6. I have asked enough questions about you, do you have any questions about this school?
  7. Any questions Mum?
  8. What electives did you pick-leads on to a general discussion about electives and your choice.

NOTE:
  1. I do not remember the exact wording of each question, hence each question is paraphrased
  2. Your mother/father will be in the room with you, make sure you are the only one responding and they should only respond when asked

If you have any questions, feel free to DM or ask in the thread.
My I just ask a few questions. What extracurricular activities (at school like choir and outside like sport) did you do? What maths or english competitions did you do? What did you get in both reports you showed?

anyusernamewilldo

HSC
I did activities like choir, math enrichment activities, f1 in schools, external cultural events, external sports, etc. I got about 7/9 subjects an A and the other 2 as B's

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
any news from fort? (sorry if im hassliing you xd)
Yeh I didn't get in. I don't care anyway :cool: . But next year, if I do like I did the girra test this year, i'll probs get in. Even SBHS is likely since my friend got in and I usually get same report as him and I do similar extracurricular activity. Can you reccomend a third place for next year?

D-BOSS

HSC
N/A
Yeh I didn't get in. I don't care anyway :cool: . But next year, if I do like I did the girra test this year, i'll probs get in. Even SBHS is likely since my friend got in and I usually get same report as him and I do similar extracurricular activity. Can you reccomend a third place for next year?
Apart from Penrith or Baulko or Fort. I'm thinking of a school requiring a test (Ruse, NSBHS, Normanhurst, Sydney Tech, Hurlstone, Sefton etc)

CEL_28

HSC
N/A
I did activities like choir, math enrichment activities, f1 in schools, external cultural events, external sports, etc. I got about 7/9 subjects an A and the other 2 as B's
I'm actually somewhat similar to that so that's really helpful thanks. Actually my activities and grades are a little different, if I tell, could you tell me what you think about me applying? Thx

richashon

HSC
These questions are good, but I must admit that they are pretty basic. I've recently changed my job and I was surprised to see that everything is different compared to how I used to know this domain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)