• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

January and February offers (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
Just a question, if we receive an offer on January 16 do we still still receive another offer in February?

Roy216

HSC
if you change one of your preferences then if you are eligible, you will receive another offer in the next round
well despite finalising my preferences last night, i still can't pick between two which are my top 2 preferences. If i decide by Jan 16 thaat i want to change preferences and if there is still a spot left in that course, i would be given an offer?

D94

HSC
N/A
well despite finalising my preferences last night, i still can't pick between two which are my top 2 preferences. If i decide by Jan 16 thaat i want to change preferences and if there is still a spot left in that course, i would be given an offer?
It will depend on demand, the cut off can increase in the late round.

LolaBell

HSC
But will you receive an offer if there are spots left?

D94

HSC
N/A
But will you receive an offer if there are spots left?
Well just like the other rounds, say there are 50 places left, and you are the 51st highest applicant, then you most likely won't. Obviously if you're in that highest 50 applicants then you will receive an offer (unless the uni says otherwise).

Roy216

HSC
It will depend on demand, the cut off can increase in the late round.
would it increase by much or does that depend on the atar's of those who have been accepted? because i beat the cut-off by 0.45

D94

HSC
N/A
would it increase by much or does that depend on the atar's of those who have been accepted? because i beat the cut-off by 0.45
It can increase considerably based on demand; UNSW Commerce increased to 99.95 for the Late Round in 2012.

Roy216

HSC
It can increase considerably based on demand; UNSW Commerce increased to 99.95 for the Late Round in 2012.
wow, what about a b science at usyd? you think there would be any spots left and/or you think the atar would increase?

D94

HSC
N/A
wow, what about a b science at usyd? you think there would be any spots left and/or you think the atar would increase?
Last year, there were still vacancies after the Late Round. The cutoff increased by 0.5. Going by this, there should be vacancies and the cutoff should increase, but only minimally.

Roy216

HSC
well i hope it goes the same way this year, man you are really informative thanks alot :)

Dudelikewtf

HSC
will the late round cutoff include bonus points? or is only the raw atar considered?

LolaBell

HSC
What if you are below the cut off but there are spots left (and others haven't applied)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What if you are below the cut off but there are spots left (and others haven't applied)
the cutoff is determined by the last person that gets into the course.

So that doesn't make sense

(unless you're talking about adv sci, law, etc. that have fixed minimum cutoffs)

D94

HSC
N/A
Unless the cutoff has been predetermined by the university, what you're saying is contradictory. As Riproot has said, the cutoff is generally determined by the ATAR of last person that has been offered a place in the course. You cannot be below the cutoff as you don't know what the cutoff is until the Late Round offers are completed.

Cutoffs are determined after offers have been given out (bar a few), not before. The cutoffs you read and talk about are for 2012 commencing students, they do not apply for 2013 commencing students.

Roy216

HSC
Unless the cutoff has been predetermined by the university, what you're saying is contradictory. As Riproot has said, the cutoff is generally determined by the ATAR of last person that has been offered a place in the course. You cannot be below the cutoff as you don't know what the cutoff is until the Late Round offers are completed.

Cutoffs are determined after offers have been given out (bar a few), not before. The cutoffs you read and talk about are for 2012 commencing students, they do not apply for 2013 commencing students.
After the January offers when are the next offers? and by what you're saying does the cut-off change for the offers after the January ones?

D94

HSC
N/A
After the January offers when are the next offers? and by what you're saying does the cut-off change for the offers after the January ones?
http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/key-dates.shtml
Late Round offers released on website Wed 30 Jan 2013 at 9pm
Final Round offers released on website Wed 6 Feb 2013
Well I can't possibly know for certain if they will change, but most cutoffs did change in 2012 for the Late and Final Rounds. The cutoffs don't affect you in any way (for most courses), that's determined after offers have been given out. The amount of places left in the course is what affects you. If there aren't any places left, it doesn't matter if your ATAR beat the cutoff for the previous round (i.e. the Main Round is the previous round for the Late Round), you won't be offered a place in the next round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)