• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jap Battle: Toyota Vs. Nissan (1 Viewer)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
toyota has made some real good cars in the past, but ther recent cars have been below par (celica, mr2), recently nissan has made some real good cars like the 350Z and the Skyline GTR R34 and nothing can beat the almighty godzilla of the nineties.

so i guess at the momnet my vote goes for nissan.

Supra said:
I doubt i would either...i prefer Mercs and Beemers...and astons
i agree give me aston anyday over any jap car.:D

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
DaddyK said:
Yeh, i love skylines myself, and the 240 and 260z are classic cars but the toyota has so many more classics. And there probably the most reliable cars around.
if your looking for a family car or a non sports car then toyotas would be the way to go.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
shortygb said:
if your looking for a family car or a non sports car then toyotas would be the way to go.
nowadays that would be the case, but back in the 70's and 80's toyota shat all over nissan in the high performance range, even as late as the 90's with the 1jz supra, the v8 1uzfe soarer, the 3sgte gt4 celica and the 3sge group A celica, the all famous sprinter with the popular 4agz/te conversion. So as you can see theres a bit more to toyota than camry's and celica's.
You also might'nt of known that we only get basic toyota production models, whereas in japan they have so many more models that are definately classed as high performance.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Im a toyota man, and god i love that new Camry Coupe Concept Car *drools*

S13WPN

HSC
the sportivo? its nice ay...

Supra said:
I doubt i would either...i prefer Mercs and Beemers...and astons :p
why call urself supra then??

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh fuck yeah, its sexy!

And supra's particularly the Top Secret Body Kit on the Yellow Supra = Sekz!

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Oh fuck yeah, its sexy!

And supra's particularly the Top Secret Body Kit on the Yellow Supra = Sekz!
My personal interests in that sportivo lie far beyond the inside to what they have claimed to achieve on the interior like an electronic selfadjusting speedometers for learners which, based on satellite, convert the top speed of the car (as it shows on the speedo) and limits the engine power according to the speed limit in an area. Also, lit up Ps and Ls at the back (as lights inside the car). Very funky :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yes, its totally revolutionary, heres to hoping we see it soon :)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i love toyota...but i love the 350z and skyline from nissan...but toyota overall...very reliable car

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
S13WPN said:
yeh thats one nice car, i love the innovations on it, like the plates, entertainment system and the friend finder. i got the dvd from toyota of how they made the sportivo.

HSC
let me ask, how long does it take for fairly new engines to fuck up?? eg these toyotas and nissans. compare that to a valiant... hmm you would see the quality of the car and engine is still in fairly good condition (most vals, some have been run into the ground). vals are still going now on the same engine after 35 years and have nothing wrong with them. u want a car that will last buy a val or charger with a hemi. THATS THE SHIT.....:)

SlipStream

HSC
Nissan. Definately. So many Nee-sans are in my life...

My mate has an Exa. I know heaps of people with Pintaras. I often drive my other mate's R31 Silhouette. My uncle has an R32 GT-R. Newer Nissans are also much nicer than newer Toyotas, IMO.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Mainly because, Toyota stopped really focusing on the high power market and went with the safe side, ala the stopping of the Supra production.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
AsyLum said:
Mainly because, Toyota stopped really focusing on the high power market and went with the safe side, ala the stopping of the Supra production.
the switch has done good for them, i think they are onyl just behind GM in global sales, and they own far less car manufactures than GM.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeap, nothing wrong with it, it's also allowed them to maintain their quality and a good control of production of their cars.

And furthermore, its allowed for things such as the sportivo concept :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
S13WPN said:

why call urself supra then??
when i created this account back when i was in year 11 i was absolutely obsessed...I still love hte car and drool when i see one...but i dunno my tastes have sort of changed and im more into luxury cars now...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lil lelu said:
let me ask, how long does it take for fairly new engines to fuck up?? eg these toyotas and nissans. compare that to a valiant... hmm you would see the quality of the car and engine is still in fairly good condition (most vals, some have been run into the ground). vals are still going now on the same engine after 35 years and have nothing wrong with them. u want a car that will last buy a val or charger with a hemi. THATS THE SHIT.....:)
oh dear, sit down :)

the old valiant motors (225, 265, 318, etc etc) were like most designed wayyyyyyyy back then, comapre them with todays engines and they'll get shat on, so yes, they're simpler (and if something goes wrong, easier to fix DIY). We also dont know how the engines of today will be like in 25 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)