• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jap Battle: Toyota Vs. Nissan (1 Viewer)

HSC
braad said:
oh dear, sit down :)

the old valiant motors (225, 265, 318, etc etc) were like most designed wayyyyyyyy back then, comapre them with todays engines and they'll get shat on, so yes, they're simpler (and if something goes wrong, easier to fix DIY). We also dont know how the engines of today will be like in 25 years.
todays engines arnt built to last they are only built so people thave to buy new cars in the future wheres as back in the 70's cars were built to last and they have proven so, if you look at the 80 model cars nowdays, say toyota and nissan there rings and valve guides are starting to wear and you can see the blue smoke coming from there over sized exhausts, and the engines that u dont see smoke from have most probably been rebuilt already.
the 265 hemi in the E49 charger had a standing 1/4 mile time of 14.1 seconds and thats with not the greatest exhaust and a few other minor upgrades could have made this time improve more< ie, electronic ignition and exhaust as i mentioned.
these times were done with wheel spin to, as there is so much power
the fuel economy wasnt that bad either my 245 still gets 10L-100km
so id like to see any of the new engine out perform that.
another plus side is that all the parts for the 215,245,265 are all relitively cheep and very easy to find.

www.moparmarket.com
read the forums and then u will be surprised at what a valiant can do
also there are valaints out there that have had work done to them and pull 10 second 1/4, the engines can have turbos fitted very easy aswell, is there anything they cant do?
if theres any other questions just ask. heh

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lil lelu said:
todays engines arnt built to last they are only built so people thave to buy new cars in the future wheres as back in the 70's cars were built to last and they have proven so, if you look at the 80 model cars nowdays, say toyota and nissan there rings and valve guides are starting to wear and you can see the blue smoke coming from there over sized exhausts, and the engines that u dont see smoke from have most probably been rebuilt already.
the 265 hemi in the E49 charger had a standing 1/4 mile time of 14.1 seconds and thats with not the greatest exhaust and a few other minor upgrades could have made this time improve more< ie, electronic ignition and exhaust as i mentioned.
these times were done with wheel spin to, as there is so much power
the fuel economy wasnt that bad either my 245 still gets 10L-100km
so id like to see any of the new engine out perform that.
another plus side is that all the parts for the 215,245,265 are all relitively cheep and very easy to find.

www.moparmarket.com
read the forums and then u will be surprised at what a valiant can do
also there are valaints out there that have had work done to them and pull 10 second 1/4, the engines can have turbos fitted very easy aswell, is there anything they cant do?
if theres any other questions just ask. heh

what fuel do you use in your val?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lil lelu said:
no, my engines valve seats have hardend up so i have no need to
they've hardened up? you mean you got them hardened?

anyway

you were talking about the performance figures of HEMIs, which is true, as you know, 426 would be close to the ultimate V8 (although it's not in theory)

How do you know that engines produced these days are only made to do a certain amount?

HSC
braad said:
they've hardened up? you mean you got them hardened?

anyway

you were talking about the performance figures of HEMIs, which is true, as you know, 426 would be close to the ultimate V8 (although it's not in theory)

How do you know that engines produced these days are only made to do a certain amount?
the 215,245,265 are hemis.

if they wernt built to only last a certain amount of time then there would be no need for people to buy new cars as they will last a long time.therefore the companys who produce the cars wouldnt sell as many and then make less money, it pretty obvious that if cars were ment to last for ever there would be less demand.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lil lelu said:
the 215,245,265 are hemis.

if they wernt built to only last a certain amount of time then there would be no need for people to buy new cars as they will last a long time.therefore the companys who produce the cars wouldnt sell as many and then make less money, it pretty obvious that if cars were ment to last for ever there would be less demand.
no, there are other factors in cars dying.

accidents, and also different types of markets. Competition between car makers, and also people. Cars can be seen as a sign of social status, so people will buy newer cars. Technological changes, changes in peoples perceptions (safety...solid steel isnt as safe as thought)

btw... 215? isnt it 225?

HSC
braad said:
no, there are other factors in cars dying.

accidents, and also different types of markets. Competition between car makers, and also people. Cars can be seen as a sign of social status, so people will buy newer cars. Technological changes, changes in peoples perceptions (safety...solid steel isnt as safe as thought)

btw... 215? isnt it 225?
225? pffft dickhead. thats a slant.and production of this engine in australia was stoped in 1969, as 245 then took over in 1970 as it was a better design thus the hemispherical head.then in 1972 chrysler australia bought out the bigger version of this engine which was the 265.then the 215 was for the centuras which also the option of the 245.theres a little bit of history for you
215,245,265 are hemis i allready told u that

safety ay well ive accually had a crash in my car on the way to gold coast, my friend was driving and got it a bit sideways and lost control we hit the guard rail at 110km/h and then there was a bang on the front guard and bumper. we pulled over bent the guard out and kept going. there wasnt any bit of whiplash or anything. and another story,my brothers mate and my brother were blind drunk in his valiant and hit a concrete baraster at a high speed and the car bounced over it and ran into a telegraph pole my brother rolled out on to the bonnet and his mate was fine.my brother only had a broken ankle.the ambulance officers said that if they wernt in a valiant they would be dead.

yes all the things about the cars dying are right, but there hasnt been that many technological advances really my car has got most of the things other cars have anyways, and if that was the only reason people bought cars they would be morons. accidents only happened cause the cars are new not old and new cars are crap you dont even have to drive them they drive themselves.socail status i think it would look better to have a really nice old car then a new car, i get so many comments about my car, alot of people offer to buy my car i get messages left on the windscreen about wanting to sell it.

PURE AUSSIE MUSCLE, NO JAP IMPORTS

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lil lelu said:
225? pffft dickhead. thats a slant.and production of this engine in australia was stoped in 1969, as 245 then took over in 1970 as it was a better design thus the hemispherical head.then in 1972 chrysler australia bought out the bigger version of this engine which was the 265.then the 215 was for the centuras which also the option of the 245.theres a little bit of history for you
215,245,265 are hemis i allready told u that

safety ay well ive accually had a crash in my car on the way to gold coast, my friend was driving and got it a bit sideways and lost control we hit the guard rail at 110km/h and then there was a bang on the front guard and bumper. we pulled over bent the guard out and kept going. there wasnt any bit of whiplash or anything. and another story,my brothers mate and my brother were blind drunk in his valiant and hit a concrete baraster at a high speed and the car bounced over it and ran into a telegraph pole my brother rolled out on to the bonnet and his mate was fine.my brother only had a broken ankle.the ambulance officers said that if they wernt in a valiant they would be dead.

yes all the things about the cars dying are right, but there hasnt been that many technological advances really my car has got most of the things other cars have anyways, and if that was the only reason people bought cars they would be morons. accidents only happened cause the cars are new not old and new cars are crap you dont even have to drive them they drive themselves.socail status i think it would look better to have a really nice old car then a new car, i get so many comments about my car, alot of people offer to buy my car i get messages left on the windscreen about wanting to sell it.

PURE AUSSIE MUSCLE, NO JAP IMPORTS

ok fuckwit, i asked a question as im not a mopar expert. Thank you for answering it in such a manner.

also, there are different types of accidents, and if you looked at the physics side of MOST accidents, something has to 'absorb' the impact (although really, it's not abosorbing it's just spreading the impact over more time, therefore lessening the peak force). As majority of cars back then were built to the idea of solid = safe, they didnt have crumple zones, collapsable steering columns, or padded dashes (although, as previously stated, im no valiant expert, so clear it up it me, as im such a dickhead).

In SOME accidents they could very well be better, as the impact isnt predictable. Your brother is very lucky, and yes, lucky he was in such a big and strong car.

I dont get why you dont understand the whole new is better thing. It's fact, your car wouldnt stand up with a car of comparitable status (yeh, get an RT/49 and you possibly will prove me wrong..but remember that the 'supercar scare' happened and times have changed). comfort, ride, etc. Problem is, many new cars have engines designed ages ago. Look at the falcons straight 6, the basic design is from wayyyyy back. The holden V6 (ecotec) was supposedly from a buick designed V8, where they lopped two cylinders off (obviously it was cleaned up, etc etc.)

If the valiant straight 6 was still being produced, it would be a great engine, but that would've come about with the technology changes

HSC
braad said:
ok fuckwit, i asked a question as im not a mopar expert. Thank you for answering it in such a manner.

also, there are different types of accidents, and if you looked at the physics side of MOST accidents, something has to 'absorb' the impact (although really, it's not abosorbing it's just spreading the impact over more time, therefore lessening the peak force). As majority of cars back then were built to the idea of solid = safe, they didnt have crumple zones, collapsable steering columns, or padded dashes (although, as previously stated, im no valiant expert, so clear it up it me, as im such a dickhead).

In SOME accidents they could very well be better, as the impact isnt predictable. Your brother is very lucky, and yes, lucky he was in such a big and strong car.

I dont get why you dont understand the whole new is better thing. It's fact, your car wouldnt stand up with a car of comparitable status (yeh, get an RT/49 and you possibly will prove me wrong..but remember that the 'supercar scare' happened and times have changed). comfort, ride, etc. Problem is, many new cars have engines designed ages ago. Look at the falcons straight 6, the basic design is from wayyyyy back. The holden V6 (ecotec) was supposedly from a buick designed V8, where they lopped two cylinders off (obviously it was cleaned up, etc etc.)

If the valiant straight 6 was still being produced, it would be a great engine, but that would've come about with the technology changes
ok we have agreed that valiants are the best
end of discussion

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Bleh, Valiants are far from the best.

It still runs on unleaded petrol :p

HSC
AsyLum said:
Bleh, Valiants are far from the best.

It still runs on unleaded petrol :p
shouldnt your argument be leaded petrol????? mine is on unleaded.hahaha

S13WPN

HSC
Supra said:
when i created this account back when i was in year 11 i was absolutely obsessed...I still love hte car and drool when i see one...but i dunno my tastes have sort of changed and im more into luxury cars now...
fair enough then... i wouldnt buy one either :cool:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lil lelu said:
shouldnt your argument be leaded petrol????? mine is on unleaded.hahaha
Ahh my wit is lost on you.

It still runs on petrol, which is harmful, which uses fossil fuels etc..

HSC
DaddyK said:
Difference is, you'll pay 3 times as much for a genuine val part, compared to a new car part. But mopar all the way, that is how they say, the shit.
pffffft errrr val parts are way cheaper eg, val water pump $45, new car water $60+, val instrument cluster $20, newer car EXPENSIVE. you pick up EXTREAMLY cheap parts....

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Asylum....Please don't think that message you posted will go down well...this is a thread full with rev heads...the last thing we are thinking about is getting rid of fossil fuels and getting into electric powered bubbles. ...........That being said when they design a hybrid car that runs 9's call me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)