Jap vs Euro Cars (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah, the turbo gallardo's are nice. (r8 v10 is almost there haha)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Allways for the Euro cars if you ask me.
Jap cars because I'm a cheap cunt... Euro cars if I was cashed up :lol:

However, they can be a bit fiddly... too much electronics for my liking... IMO it would really limit what work you can DIY on a euro car... I am fucking useless with electronics... :lol:

pretty much scared of disconnecting my battery, just in case I shock myself... I know, stupid fear...

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
http://au.askmen.com/top_10/cars_200/212_car_list.html

Top 10 all-time Jap car list. Your thoughts according to this article?
The list is ok.

I wouldn't mind getting an old integra.

My friend already has one lol.

Tbh I think the VL commodore is a better looking car over the r30 and r31 haha.
My dad had one of those in 2001. Looks ok but here is the specs:

Did 300000kms. The max speed was around 150 and took around 30 seconds to get to 110, by pushing the accelerator all the way down.
The radiator always broke.

We had a camry a few years later which went roughly the same kms. The camry was a beast and was 10 times better than the bommodore.

After that experience, we are never buying another bommodore ever again.

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Jap cars because I'm a cheap cunt... Euro cars if I was cashed up :lol:

However, they can be a bit fiddly... too much electronics for my liking... IMO it would really limit what work you can DIY on a euro car... I am fucking useless with electronics... :lol:

pretty much scared of disconnecting my battery, just in case I shock myself... I know, stupid fear...
Yeah but lately the qualitiy of Japanese autos has grown. Accordingly, prices went up too, so I guess there isn't that much of a difference there, or am I wrong?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The VLs had a Nissan rb30 engine - you can get factory turbo ones or even swap a rb26 or 25 in. Hence the comparison to the r31. (Which overall is the better car) But don't confuse the vl with the vk which looked similar but had an ancient holden black engine (or a 308).

I think something was off with the way they mounted the radiator which caused some engine problems exclusive to the vl. I've also read that a lot of commodore owners weren't familiar with overhead cams and alloy heads before then so a lot of them were poorly maintained.

I still like the idea of a dohc turbo vl though, kind of a sleeper but not really since its so overplayed and worked 308s seem to be common too.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
The VLs had a Nissan rb30 engine - you can get factory turbo ones or even swap a rb26 or 25 in. Hence the comparison to the r31. (Which overall is the better car) But don't confuse the vl with the vk which looked similar but had an ancient holden black engine (or a 308).

I think something was off with the way they mounted the radiator which caused some engine problems exclusive to the vl. I've also read that a lot of commodore owners weren't familiar with overhead cams and alloy heads before then so a lot of them were poorly maintained.

I still like the idea of a dohc turbo vl though, kind of a sleeper but not really since its so overplayed and worked 308s seem to be common too.
The comparable spec was the black 202 engine. They added efi (109kw) but it was too outdated and the rb was far superior for drivability and reliability.

Correct. The radiator was mounted too low and this caused the common problem of blown head gaskets

Quadro

HSC
N/A
whoa guys u seem to know alot about cars

about the original questions, my favourites are japanese atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)