japanese extension 2007: roll call (1 Viewer)

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
hai hai~~

the vocab is way harder than the continuers course, i hope i can manage ><

P

pLuvia

Not many people on BoS do japanese, especially Japanese Ext :p

cooldods

HSC
not many ppl doing ext jap on BoS eh.

anyway i was just wondering do we do our listening before the rest of the hsc? and also for the ext jap listening is it faster than continuers? or just at the same speed?

anyway gl to the rest of you who're doing ext jap for 2007, i'll prolly be needing to ask you guys a lot of questions

P

pLuvia

For japanese extension there is no HSC listening part (thankfully) however, internally you will have listening exams for half yearlies, trials and assessments.

However for japanese continuers there is, and you do it on the day you do your HSC written section.

You do your speaking HSC on a saturday usually, at around August

From my experience, the listening is pretty much the same speed, just that the extension listening deals with the issues i.e. technology, G vs I, overcoming personal difficulties and some random vocabulary chucked in once in a while

cooldods

HSC
I was just wondering, do many ppl use tutors for jap? Ive never needed one, but im thinking for jap ext it could be useful to have someone who can help prepare me for the exam?

anyway just tryign to see if its a common thing, also does anyone know what price your looking at for a jap ext tutor?

P

pLuvia

I had tutoring for a while, then didn't help that much so I stopped it. My tutor charged $40 for 2 hours, $35 for 1 hour.

cooldods

HSC
I know so expensive, my friend found a tutor but it was $80 for 2 hours >< I think I can get by without one, if they're that expensive.

P

pLuvia

My HSC speaking was during my trials, but depends on the year and school. So no not necessarily, but then your trials can prepare you for the speaking, as you will have a speaking assessment during the trials anyway

P

pLuvia

There's no real advantage of more people doing a subject, but only that you have a slightly better chance of getting a state ranking :p

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
cooldods said:
I was just wondering, do many ppl use tutors for jap? Ive never needed one, but im thinking for jap ext it could be useful to have someone who can help prepare me for the exam?

anyway just tryign to see if its a common thing, also does anyone know what price your looking at for a jap ext tutor?
personally dont really think japanese is the sort of subject people need tutoring with, tho there are people out there who go tutoring for japanese but it sounds very expensive

cooldods

HSC
Yeah i agree, unless i can find something cheap, i'll just give it a miss.

Wackedupwacko

HSC
hmm i think its just that ppl that do japx dont bother to visit this site... i know i walked into this grades current japx class and my god they had the same no doing japx as we had doing jap continuers this yr (25ish) XD too bad that judging from results this yrs bunch sucks relatively compared to our grade (for my school/lottox's)

edit: and no i will not be doing japx again :p its morning class's at our school again.. XD reason : 2 on my why i dropped japx list, 1 being i dont need it and 3 being last day of the hsc timetable

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)