Japanese Whalers (1 Viewer)

danieljarvis

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
At high prices per kg they are raking in the cash whilst a world resource is put on the brink of extinction.
i dont like to look at whales as a resource.. a resource is something that we use. Unless of-course you are talking about whale watching..! But in any fact, I bet the people at Moreton Bay are getting fucked off at this... their goes the majority of their towns income if the whales are gone. I wonder if the tourism industry related to the whales could chip in to help fund a campaign against the whaling etc.. That may be productive and in a long term sense positive for money.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
fucken hell,

i respect japanese anime , food and all,

but this whaling business is unbelievable. I wish greenpeace had guns to wipe out those scientist fuckers.. or better, feed the whaling crew to the world's most poisonous whales - the killer whales.. see what it feels like to be eaten..

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
VanCarBus said:
fucken hell,

but this whaling business is unbelievable. I wish greenpeace had guns to wipe out those scientist fuckers.. or better, feed the whaling crew to the world's most poisonous whales - the killer whales.. see what it feels like to be eaten..
lol, I don't know about world's most poinsonous

iamsickofyear12

HSC
What the Japanese are doing may annoy plenty of people but what Greenpeace is doing is stupid. I hope they get too close and get hit with the harpoon.

Jiga

What the Japanese are doing may annoy plenty of people but what Greenpeace is doing is stupid
You are kidding yourself! The recent news is that the Greenpeace ship hit the jap one on the side with some device to try and open their hull up, and they more than likely also rammed them seeings the damage was on the front of their ship in that first incident. And personally, I have no problem with both of these events. The Japs are using a bullshit loophole in order to slaughter the whales, so our government is defenceless as they take whales from our waters..... Greenpeace on the other hand aernt tied by that and I think the captain of their ship got it right when he said that they are criminals. And besides, both of the 'attacks' werent with the intention of hurting the jap crew, the side on attack which tried to open up their hull for eg was well above the waterline so the ship wouldnt have sunk if it was successful (which it wasnt) but it WOULD have had to go back home... which is what Greenpeace is trying to achieve... good on them. I also find it farked how the Japs have called for Jap Police air support in our waters, what is the point of territorial waters if they are going to be breached like this!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Note: Greenpeace had nothing to do with the latest ramming (the one with the hull cutter on the side). That was organised by another activist group there called the "Sea Shepherds"

Jiga

Note: Greenpeace had nothing to do with the latest ramming (the one with the hull cutter on the side). That was organised by another activist group there called the "Sea Shepherds"
So was it a different ship that did it or are you saying that on board the Greenpeace ship they put that hull cutting thing on?

The news report gave me the impression it was greenpeace :confused:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I love Japanese culture... and women, but I really hate the whaling. I really want to sink the Nissan Mishu or whatever it's called. This should be a bigger issue. Their counter-argument about kangaroo meat is plain stupid.

whatdafork

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
So was it a different ship that did it or are you saying that on board the Greenpeace ship they put that hull cutting thing on?

The news report gave me the impression it was greenpeace :confused:
Actually , I think there were two completely different events where rammings occured.

The first one was where the Nisshin Maru rammed the Greenpeace ship
and
The second one was where the Sea Sheperd used its hull cutter on another Japanese supply ship which was on its way to refuel the other whaling ships.

I'm not sure itf this is correct, but the events are happening so quickly that it gets confusing

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
There is so much talk about the Japenese but the Norwegien government has doubled it's whale killing quota this year to 2000 whales. Despite international sanctions saying that the minke whales are protected.

felixcthecat

HSC
danieljarvis said:
I think this is fucked, Howard chasing his free-trade agreement with Japan and letting them get away with murder in the mean time to suck some asian cock.
Fuck them, Impound the ship and make their country come and pick them up. If we let them re-fuel, fix their crew members and then let them go straight back out and slaughter whales in our sanctuary, then what the fuck is this world coming to. I get so fucked off at this sort of thing, why does everything in asia have to be a god damn delicasy if it's rare? (or are they maybe just forcing all their cultural foods to extinction? retarted.)

hmm anything rare naturaly would fetch a high price.. especially since they become rare from too much demand.. so isn't it a bit logical that anything rare and has always been consumed by a certain ethnic race to become a delicasy?

M.I.A-187

HSC
VanCarBus said:
fucken hell,

HOLY SHIT WORD UP. Yeah if i am one of those green peace guy i grab a RPG and disable their ship.

felixcthecat

HSC
VanCarBus said:
fucken hell,

yayy go anime...

never knew killer whales wre poisonous? what's the difference anyway.. u get eaten anyway XP

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The Australian government should not be allowing the Japanese to do this in Australia waters, but these activist groups that are trying to sink the Japanese ship are idiots. It may seem like a good idea now but just wait until the Japanese ship sinks one of their boats.

Jiga

The Australian government should not be allowing the Japanese to do this in Australia waters, but these activist groups that are trying to sink the Japanese ship are idiots. It may seem like a good idea now but just wait until the Japanese ship sinks one of their boats.
But the recent incidents havent had the intention of sinking the Jap ships, they are merely trying to damage them to an extent that they must return back home. The hull cutter for eg was well above the water line and wouldnt have sunk the ship... but they would have been forced to go back to Japan to repair it!

forceblade

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
But the recent incidents havent had the intention of sinking the Jap ships, they are merely trying to damage them to an extent that they must return back home. The hull cutter for eg was well above the water line and wouldnt have sunk the ship... but they would have been forced to go back to Japan to repair it!
it said in the telegraph that the whalers are thinking of calling in japan aircrafts to protect the whalers, using Australia as a air base for them.

that is fucking bullshit...first illegally hunting whales in our waters then using our land as airbase...what they gona do? fire a missle at green peace?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, the japanese sending in planes would be a largely useless act.

The potential outcry of the Australian public would prevent them using Australia as a base anyway.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha yeah i can just imagine it, my uncle would go fucking apeshit if jap army planes were allowed to use australian airbases to stage an attack against Australian citizens.... i normally dont promote racism, but i can see his point [ being in a war and seeing your mates die to japanese soldier can kinda alter your view on a particular race]

RSL clubs would not only march on Canberra, they would wage war against it. And i would support em

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Everyone keeps saying how this is illegal but there is a whaling commission and it has said it is ok and the Australian government is letting it happen so obviously it's not really illegal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)