Job ads on Gumtree (1 Viewer)

Sonesful

HSC
Are most of them legit? I've replied to a few ads and gotten some replies back, one guy is even asking me to come in on Monday. But the grammar is really bad, I've just been assuming theyre in a rush or theyre on their phone or something but is bad grammar a sign of a potential scam?

He used 'plz'.

HSC
It probably is an illegitimate job as in cach in hand, no insurance etc etc. I would not recommend applying via gumtree or those type of websites, rather look on career one, seek, etc

Sonesful

HSC
I just don't want to go there and get kidnapped or something. A job is a job, I just want one :(

astroman

HSC
I just don't want to go there and get kidnapped or something. A job is a job, I just want one :(
i'd suggest you not do it, find jobs on reputable sights such as seek or spotjobs or direct from the company website

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Some are good. Some are bad. There's no real way to guarantee one or the other.

proflayton

HSC
less people reply on gumtree (less than 40 ) compared to seek (more than 60)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just watch out for "jobs" which are actually contractor roles- i.e. you are not an employee of the company/business and instead agree to be a contractor. Basically means you get no entitlements, no legal protection (since you're in essence running your own business and contracting yourself out as labour to the "employer"). I know it sounds unlikely but there have been a few of these popping up and they are technically legal but are traps for young players.

7th Sign

HSC
I do not think all job ads on Gumtree are bad I guess you just need to do your research when you apply, their are still heaps of good ones out their and be sure to dig deeper into the listings for example their are a huge amount of Government jobs on Gumtree here - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-jobs/government+jobs/k0c9302?ad=offering and just random listings here - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-jobs/c9302?ad=offering

My little sister was successful getting a government job using Gumtree so I would not discredit them as a site to use. Sure enough you can always browse Seek and Indeed if Gumtree isn't your style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)