job at coles (1 Viewer)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
i went to an CML interview other day, and was told i got the job and now im just waiting for an induction email, that was like 3 days ago, ill probably for have ring up the guy if it doesnt happen any time soon.

but anyway , the job is for casual grocery nightfill(anybody know what this job invovles?)the interview dude said something moving "cartons" and has to fill a specified quota every shift, he didnt explain and i didnt ask, anyone know what that means?

anyone got any experiences with coles, and what i can expect from it?

ZabZu

HSC
Steven12 said:
i went to an CML interview other day, and was told i got the job and now im just waiting for an induction email, that was like 3 days ago, ill probably for have ring up the guy if it doesnt happen any time soon.

Ive worked for Coles for about 4 months and im a checkout operator.

I went for my interview in late-february where I was told I got the job. I got the online induction thing a few days after. However, I had to wait till mid-march to do the instore induction.

CieL

HSC
Coles takes awhile.

I won't be surprised if you had to wait 2 weeks.

rusticmetal

HSC
Steven12 said:

but anyway , the job is for casual grocery nightfill(anybody know what this job invovles?)the interview dude said something moving "cartons" and has to fill a specified quota every shift, he didnt explain and i didnt ask, anyone know what that means?

casual grocery nightfill stack shelves and stuff during the night shift. i work for coles (casual grocery). i hardly ever get shifts, have to keep ringing up for them. they pretty much call you whenever and you dont get a choice whether you work or not. on the positive side its piss easy work and u get paid plenty (im 15 and get $10/hr)

CieL

HSC
Plenty of people who have had nightfill experience tend to complain about the hours.. leading into a.m. times.. but I'm not sure about how the grocery nightfills work..

Seeing as you should be over 20, I think that's $19.xx/hr.. and maybe more after penalty rates..

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Those bastards make you wait. i been there, waited a good months, got rejected at the store interview level. bastards.

Redwan

HSC
N/A
i used to work there last year, i had to work at the deli it sucked so much i quit after a month

now i work at Tandy so so much better

flynhigh

HSC
Steven12 said:

"

hey mate i work at coles and have for the past year. Basically the same thing happened to me went for an interview got the job had to sit an online induction, you have to usually wait a week till you recieve it. What it is , it basically gives you details about the store, history of coles and all the safety stuff and customer service, you have to answer questions. The questions are heaps easy sometimes i didnt even read the information but its better you do, the test takes 6 hrs for which they pay you.

I started off on the register but now i do what ur position entitles. Basically you et a cage which has boxes on it full of items, you then stake the items on the shelves etc, if they dont fit u leave the remaining items on the box write the number of them left and the product number. Its simple crap but yer
The other things you do late at night usually involve facing up the store, that is making sure the products are face forward and properly alined its all shit i hardly put much effort into it. U know those brand power commercials? they want u to make the store look like that b4 they close it.

Also at night they might make u do capping which is whatever items and boxes are on the floor u put up on top of the shelves. In some cases, and this is what i hate they make u take down bxoxes from the top, check the items and see if any can fit on the shelves, Tuna pisses u off cause theres so much. But yeh thats basically it, once u get used 2 it becomes easy.

All these people that think checkouts is a higher position or is bettter its not, you have to deal with nagging old grannies because u didnt give them 5 cents. What ur doing u can walk round the store, check out chicks and bludge occasionally. But yeh how old are ya? ill tell u how much u should be gettn paid. and which store did u get the job at?

flynhigh

HSC
rusticmetal said:
casual grocery nightfill stack shelves and stuff during the night shift. i work for coles (casual grocery). i hardly ever get shifts, have to keep ringing up for them. they pretty much call you whenever and you dont get a choice whether you work or not. on the positive side its piss easy work and u get paid plenty (im 15 and get $10/hr)
ur a shit talker coles is a franchise and 15 yr olds dont get 10 an hr, ur on about 8.50. stop talkn shit

earthur

HSC
Yeah I know what you mean. My hours keep getting cut back now we have shorter opening hours and straight after my boss promised me more shifts to get my money up for next year he takes me completly off the rosters for teh next two weeks! Whats with that?

smackurmac

HSC
coles blows ridiculous chunks...keep away from checkouts too. grocery and fruit/veg look like they would alrite jobs. any flybuys today? that sure as hell wears thin pretty quickly

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
okay, i have completed the online induction program.

when do they send back a confirmation date for orientation ?

ohe yeah, and the place is at bondi junction. they better have parking for employees cos i dont wana be catching bus at 12 oclock at night.

Last edited:

Redwan

HSC
N/A
When I Worked For Them They Called Me Like A Week And A Half After I Done The Online Induction.

Shmeestar

HSC
I started working for coles at the end of March this year, I work in the deli department, Although its not the greatest job, its better thatn my last one which was ridiculously boring.
They were fairly quick to replying with all the induction stuff but then I was applying for a store that hadn't opened so they had to have everyone ready before they did open, other than that, i've heard they can be pretty slack.
Its opposite at our store, I think they hired to many people for checkout because i get way more shifts then those at registers. Right now im getting 2 shifts a week cause I asked my hours to be cut back because of VCE.
Deli's a lot better because you're doing different sorts of things and not just the same thing over and over in checktouts. Nightfill...depending on what time they work get paid more I think?
I love working Sundays!
Goodluck with your job

CieL

HSC
Shmeestar said:
I think they hired to many people for checkout because i get way more shifts then those at registers.
They always hire too many service assistants.. like at my store, they hired so many new people.. and then a budget cut comes AFTER we hired a billion newbies.. so now my shifts have become next to non-existant compared to how much I used to work..

My friend used to work at IGA deli.. she said it's a bludge and she just stands there and eats the meat when it's not busy..

But yeah, I'm surprised the thread starter doesn't know anything about the times for online and store inductions.. when I went to my store interview, they told me everything I needed to know [after I asked a few times to make sure of everything].. I got told how long until I get sent my online induction, they told me when to rock up for store induction.. which week I'd start training and working.. everything..

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
i got a call for the induction day, but it coincide some other stuff i need to do, does you know how long the instore induction takes?

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
Steven12 said:
i got a call for the induction day, but it coincide some other stuff i need to do, does you know how long the instore induction takes?
Ages, probably a minimum of 3 hours

roosterman

HSC
is nightfill strenuous?
is there lots of havy lifiting climbing etc?
is it suitable for someone that has a knee injury?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)