Job Opening for UTS Law Students. (1 Viewer)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's for all law students ;)

You basically have to be a super-human law student to get it though. Extremely good grades, all-rounded, experienced, involved in a whole lot of crap, etc.

But good luck to anyone who goes for it!

X

xeuyrawp

santaslayer said:
yeah...excepet u need a sexy resume/academic record
In modesty, my resume is very nice. My academic record is nicer- my worst subject being low HD average.

theone123 said:
and also be appealing for Kirby, rofl
Excellent. *winks and puts on those hot jeans.*

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i want to be an overachieving student. me wants kirbz :(
Australian Judge's Associate Handbook 2004

Competition for appointment as an associate to a High Court Justice is very strong. The result of this is that the threshold level is graduation with First Class Honours in Law and it is not uncommon for successful candidates to have won a University Medal [ie. beat the crap out of everyone else]. Mostly, the period of the associateship is one year and a number of Justices select their associates threes years in advance.

None of the Justices of the Court live in Canberra, with the result that they have chambers in both Canberra and their home city. The consequence of this is that, for each of the Justices, one of their associates is based in their home city and one in canberra. The associate based in the home city is generally required to travel to Canberra during Court sittings. Travelling Allowance in accordance with the Workplace Agreement is paid for such travel. The Court travels on circuit each year to Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart (depending upon the level of workload). As well as this, the Court regularly sits in Sydney and Melbourne to hear Applications for Special Leave to Appeal and, if an associate is required to travel to these locations from another capital city, Travelling Allowance is paid.

In addition to the associate positions, we also have a legal research officer position located in the Library and Research Services Branch of the Court. Occupation of this position is similiar to that of an associate - it is usually for a year at a time but there is a greater emphasis on the occupant having had legal research experience and, as a result, the pay rate is higher. Currently the commencing salary is $52,926 with an increase to $54,377 after 12 months if the occupant stays for more than a year. This position is usually filled between one and two years in advance. Expressions of interest should be forwarded to the Court Librarian, Ms Jacqueline Elliot. Her telephone number is (02) 6270 6922, her fax number is (02) 6273 2110 and her email address is jelliot<<at>>hcourt.gov.au [remove <<at>> and replace with @]

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
In modesty, my resume is very nice. My academic record is nicer- my worst subject being low HD average.
Sheesh you're doing well!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
Sheesh you're doing well!
he's in first year. his current marks would be based on the sum total of first semester :rolleyes:

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i read about someone who worked for a judge, but she was a PhD student!

and to win a medal, u must have graduated.

so students - undergrads are out right?

in my case, since i havent started law yet... im definitely out!
and im not in the mood to that kinda thing right now :)

good luck anyways

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mr EaZy said:
and to win a medal, u must have graduated.

so students - undergrads are out right?
you are indeed correct :)

jduge's associates must have graduated; although, like a clerkship, you can apply before you've graduated, to commence immediately after graduation.

santaslayer

HSC
Which then sees the debate of the more superior law school revived...

since...if 4 university medal winning applicants from 4 different law schools go for an interview...

who....... would win...? :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
since...if 4 university medal winning applicants from 4 different law schools go for an interview...

who....... would win...? :p
then it would depend on personality. who can build rapport with the justice. who's hardworking, modest, willing to do long hours?

santaslayer

HSC
Frigid said:
then it would depend on personality. who can build rapport with the justice. who's hardworking, modest, willing to do long hours?
So....what happens if all applicants clearly show a strong desire to do all of the above...?

(which isn't impossible, since they ARE all medal winning nerds)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
So....what happens if all applicants clearly show a strong desire to do all of the above...?

(which isn't impossible, since they ARE all medal winning nerds)
see who's willing to work for longer hours and less money :p

if they're so selfishly devoted to the law, then they should be able to work pro bono publico.

Last edited:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
They'd go further and further, desparate to get the job, until they're all willing to work free for 24 hours/day. Then what?

santaslayer

HSC
Frigid said:
see who's willing to work for longer hours and less money :p

if they're so selfishly devoted to the law, then they should be able to work pro bono publico.
Hahhahahaha...

The one who's AzN...

shit....what if all 4 of them were azn ..??????????

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
011 said:
They'd go further and further, desparate to get the job, until they're all willing to work free for 24 hours/day. Then what?
oh com'on. now you're just testing me :mad:

fine, if i was Kirbz and i had 4 UMs willing to work for free for me, then i will take them all and have 4 associates :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
santaslayer said:
Hahhahahaha...

The one who's AzN...

shit....what if all 4 of them were azn ..??????????
He'd pick the one with the cutest backside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)