job prospects for pharmacy? (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
LOL I don't think this wall happen in the NEAR future.. it was knocked back a couple of years ago big time. The government strongly opposed it.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
danz90 said:
LOL I don't think this wall happen in the NEAR future.. it was knocked back a couple of years ago big time. The government strongly opposed it.
with the financial crisis going on, there is a possibility
You never know what you can expect in the future

Last edited:

nchoy

HSC
danz90 said:
The problem I think is the grocery industries has all those lobby groups to help them.The government will eventually give in. Last time when they tried, it was because all the chemists united together & gather all those petitions form the general public & a bit of media supoort ( Not a lot, mind you )and we sort of succeded in fighting them off . Yeh, it is not likely to happen in the NEAR future, but we are not graduating in the NEAR future either. I think it may be 10-15 yrs max before that would happen.

-::Sanni::-

HSC
Oh wow! O_O I didn't know about this stuff. *Shudder* I really don't like the idea of a store manager looking down over a pharamicist's.....it feels kinda degrading! >_<

I hope Woolies/Coles don't win. LOL! We can become radical protestors when we're students XD I've always wanted to protest XD

nchoy

HSC
-::Sanni::- said:
Oh wow! O_O I didn't know about this stuff. *Shudder* I really don't like the idea of a store manager looking down over a pharamicist's.....it feels kinda degrading! >_<

I hope Woolies/Coles don't win. LOL! We can become radical protestors when we're students XD I've always wanted to protest XD
That was exactly what some of the then pharmacy students did.
Having said all these unforseen problems, I personally am still sticking with pharmacy. It is still on of the most trusted professionals of all time.( just behind nurses ).

HSC
nchoy said:
Having said all these unforseen problems, I personally am still sticking with pharmacy. It is still on of the most trusted professionals of all time.( just behind nurses ).
Oh! O_O I didn't know that. Cool! ^^ But-But what about doctors? o_O

nchoy

HSC
Oh! O_O I didn't know that. Cool! ^^ But-But what about doctors? o_O
I think doctors are high but not quite high as pharmacists. Mainly because ( I think ) doctors are not accessible as pharmacists. You can walk into a pharmacy & get advice from a pharmacist anytime. You certainly cant do that with doctors.

HSC
nchoy said:
I think doctors are high but not quite high as pharmacists. Mainly because ( I think ) doctors are not accessible as pharmacists. You can walk into a pharmacy & get advice from a pharmacist anytime. You certainly cant do that with doctors.
Mmm...yeah that is true! XD Did you do some work experience at a chemist? I did mine at Amcal. It was fun! Although my main job was to put stuff on the shelves.... the staff were really friendly so I had a good time! ^^

nchoy

HSC
Mmm...yeah that is true! XD Did you do some work experience at a chemist? I did mine at Amcal. It was fun! Although my main job was to put stuff on the shelves.... the staff were really friendly so I had a good time! ^^
Yeh I have worked at a chemist too. It is just a small local pharmacy.

HSC
nchoy said:
Yeh I have worked at a chemist too. It is just a small local pharmacy.
Yeah, the one I worked at was small too. Actually there are three different pharmacies in Cootamundra. Two of them are right across the road from each other! XD Amcal and Braybrook's pharmacy. I've been to both and I actually prefer Amcal, not through biasm (? I'm not sure if that's a word). It was just more spacious and the lighting was much better! XD

nchoy

HSC
Yeah, the one I worked at was small too. Actually there are three different pharmacies in Cootamundra. Two of them are right across the road from each other! XD Amcal and Braybrook's pharmacy. I've been to both and I actually prefer Amcal, not through biasm (? I'm not sure if that's a word). It was just more spacious and the lighting was much better! XD
As long as u had fun, who cares. You better try and hold on to that job because that will help a lot while u were doing the course. Plus, they may even employ u as pharmacist when u got your registration.

HSC
nchoy said:
As long as u had fun, who cares. You better try and hold on to that job because that will help a lot while u were doing the course. Plus, they may even employ u as pharmacist when u got your registration.
Lol! Actually I'm a casual employee now. They needed a whole lot of whole just before new year because of the Safety Net. (But I haven't been working there for some time since new year.) The owner of Amcal asked me if I'd like to work there on Saturdays when Uni starts, which is AWESOME! ^^ So I'm hoping I might be employed there for that registration year thingy. ^^

How about you? Did you get the job at the chemist?

nchoy

HSC
Lol! Actually I'm a casual employee now. They needed a whole lot of whole just before new year because of the Safety Net. (But I haven't been working there for some time since new year.) The owner of Amcal asked me if I'd like to work there on Saturdays when Uni starts, which is AWESOME! ^^ So I'm hoping I might be employed there for that registration year thingy. ^^

Since I may have to move to live on campus, I may not be able to work there anymore. I did talk to the owner and he said he is happy to let me work there during holidays time.
I also had a job working at Kmart and I am afraid I will definetely lose it.

HSC
nchoy said:
Since I may have to move to live on campus, I may not be able to work there anymore. I did talk to the owner and he said he is happy to let me work there during holidays time.
I also had a job working at Kmart and I am afraid I will definetely lose it.
Aww...that sucks! Umm, do you have a car? There's a Kmart store in Wagga. They might accept you quickly because you've had experience in their business. So..yeah you could drive there to work. Oh, and there are pharmacist stores in Wagga too. You could probably ask for some work there. ^^ You never know until you try it.

To be honest with you, getting work at Amcal was my first job ever...in my entire life! XD And lol I only started just before Christmas! ^^

nchoy

HSC
Aww...that sucks! Umm, do you have a car? There's a Kmart store in Wagga. They might accept you quickly because you've had experience in their business. So..yeah you could drive there to work. Oh, and there are pharmacist stores in Wagga too. You could probably ask for some work there. ^^ You never know until you try it.

To be honest with you, getting work at Amcal was my first job ever...in my entire life! XD And lol I only started just before Christmas! ^^
Yeh I know! No I dont have a car. I have never been to Wagga before. How far is the campus from the shopping centre? I am think of taking my push bike. I was also told uni has shuttle buses going into town.
You are so lucky that u can stay with mum. I know mums can be a bit too much at times.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
nchoy said:
Yeh I know! No I dont have a car. I have never been to Wagga before. How far is the campus from the shopping centre? I am think of taking my push bike. I was also told uni has shuttle buses going into town.
You are so lucky that u can stay with mum. I know mums can be a bit too much at times.
Further than push bike distance :haha:
"Location of Campuseshttp://community.boredofstudies.org/

How far is it from the main campus to town?
Main campus Wagga Wagga is located approximately 7kms from the main shopping area. It is located in a rural environment and public transport is available to and from town most days of the week."

nchoy

HSC
Wooz said:
Further than push bike distance :haha:
"Location of Campuses

How far is it from the main campus to town?
Main campus Wagga Wagga is located approximately 7kms from the main shopping area. It is located in a rural environment and public transport is available to and from town most days of the week."
Thanks. I guess I just have to rely on buses.
Are you at CSU Wagga?

HSC
nchoy said:
Yeah...the uni is a bit far away from town. But it's possible to ride a bike there! <---Dad said that.... Umm...I would definitely catch the bus though! XD

You should come to Wagga for a visit one day! ^^ It has a very relaxing environment. I should know since I've been there like 5 times before with the school for things like health career days and HSC study days.

Mum and I are living in town...i think! I still don't know yet since we haven't been searching for an apartment.... Hey you could live with us but....just the fact that you're kinda still a complete stranger...so probably not! XD I don't have a car either so it's either gettting a lift from Mum or catching a bus for me! XD I'm still on my learner's license...which I got only right after the HSC! XD

nchoy

HSC
Yeah...the uni is a bit far away from town. But it's possible to ride a bike there! <---Dad said that.... Umm...I would definitely catch the bus though! XD

You should come to Wagga for a visit one day! ^^ It has a very relaxing environment. I should know since I've been there like 5 times before with the school for things like health career days and HSC study days.

Mum and I are living in town...i think! I still don't know yet since we haven't been searching for an apartment.... Hey you could live with us but....just the fact that you're kinda still a complete stranger...so probably not! XD I don't have a car either so it's either gettting a lift from Mum or catching a bus for me! XD I'm still on my learner's license...which I got only right after the HSC! XD
HaHa, I am a very untidy person, according to my parents anyway, u dont really want me to be near u at all.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC

Hey i always wanted to look for part time work at a pharmacy, how do you get started??
I didnt get the chance to get work experience in yr 10 because my school was too cheap to pay for the insurance >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)