Junior Legal Secretary Interview (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hi guys :)

I just got a call from a law firm telling me that I made it to the interview stage for a Legal Secretary position. Do you guys have any tips? I have no idea what to wear or anything especially since I have only even been on one job interview in my whole life :(
Any tips would be great

<3 mel

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
heya
You would probably be better off putting this in Fashion mel.

Id suggest a relatively formal outfit (seeing as your applying for a Legal Secretary position).

Perhaps some darker coloured pinstripe pants,
with a nice button up shirt which contrasts the pants.

As its summer I dont think you would need anything else but if it got could maybe a nice jacket to match the pants or a formalish nice looking sweater.

A pair of nice stylish sandals or simple black heels (make sure your heels arent too high though! dont want to have hurty feet).

Eh im a guy tho, so dont trust my opinion fully! :p

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
melsc said:
I am not only worried about what to wear but everything...wat to say...what they are going to ask...
Just prepare yourself for the interview.
Practice things your going to say.
Get advice from anyone you can
and make sure you sell yourself to them.

Im sure you will do great! goodluck mel <3 :eek:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Do you have any secretarial experience?

Theres a chance you'll have to do a typing test too.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe yeah its me, people are slowly catching on.

Hehe sorry for the sarcasm, had a shitty day at work. Best of luck for the interview!

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
MiuMiu said:
Hehe yeah its me, people are slowly catching on.

Hehe sorry for the sarcasm, had a shitty day at work. Best of luck for the interview!
I wonder if that's you in your avatar? :p

X

xeuyrawp

Dan's right with the clothing; something black on your bottom and something relatively plain on your top. Sandals are always a good choice if you haven't got some little closed shoes; but go for 'dressy' rather than 'I'm going to the beach :cool:'.

It's not a girly thing to care what you wear. What you wear reflects how you present yourself. How you present yourself reflects not only the work you do, but the person you are.

Try to match your employer's register (to use an English word) when you answer his/her questions -- being enthusiastic is important, but being overly enthusiastic can make people look... er. Dumb? I've only personally conducted one set of interviewing, but I was much more impressed with people who seemed to be able to cope with how I was talking with them.

Be sure to smile and laugh (when needed), sit up straight (but be comfortable), and try to ask questions (when appropriate). I think a big thing is moderation of everything; you want to appear fun and bouncy, but also bright and hard-working.

Most important is that you are a quick learner and willing to learn new things. I'd also make sure you express that the legal career is appealing to you, and the job would be great because it would give you a little insight into the career.

Mention that UWS has a very flexible timetable (I don't know if it actually does...) so that you can arrange your work, study and cocurricular (which you have a good amount of:p) activities in a way which you will be able to work consistently for them. :)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
In the interviewers pants.

(Well, depending on your/their gender, and how much you want the job in question)

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
I work as a leg. sec. and you've gotta know a fair bit. Typing, coffee, filing, photocopying, using a foot-powered tape recorder whilst typing, screening, security and privacy are all pushed to teh max in a firm.

Just be smart.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I wouldn't say secretarial work is the most challenging thing in the world, but I guess an employer would just want the most experienced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)