Junior Legal Secretary Interview (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i dont think so- she said she's never done anything like this before- which implies that shes never done this kinda work before

so why would she get to this stage without experience ? its because experience aint such a big deal!

you'll probably be doing minor secretarial work- like filing out court docs and running over to court to hand them in

making coffee

just wear something nice- i didnt get in prob coz i didnt wear a tie lol - the interviewer said that "any idiot can do this job and we've had idiots here before"

later on i got an email congrating me on getting that far- and that i was the only guy who researched the firm before hand- unbelievable huh? what the hell did the other people do? That was my first interview ever so ill be prepared for the next one- which should be next week at NSW parliament yay!!!

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

MiuMiu said:
I wouldn't say secretarial work is the most challenging thing in the world, but I guess an employer would just want the most experienced.
Admin work is pretty challenging...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
ah, of course. Still feels uneasy on my lap for some reason. :p
Should I comment? :rolleyes:

My mum is making me wear a plain black dress...I hate dresses and i'm a very glitzy gal...if I had my way I'd be all glittery (but I am not that stupid)

I am just fixing up my resume and documents...what do u guys think they would want to see? Also should I have education or work experience first on the resume?

X

xeuyrawp

melsc said:
Should I comment? :rolleyes:

My mum is making me wear a plain black dress...I hate dresses and i'm a very glitzy gal...if I had my way I'd be all glittery (but I am not that stupid)

I am just fixing up my resume and documents...what do u guys think they would want to see? Also should I have education or work experience first on the resume?
I wouldn't wear a dress... I hope you mean 'skirt'.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
MiuMiu said:
Not the admin work Ive done. Awfully menial.
I second this: currently, at work, I spend about 3 hours (and this is on a good day) of the 8 that I'm there actually working. Its terrible, so depressing. And my boss thinks that paralegal work includes writing emails and doing accounting: nothing legal to it whatsoever. Not quite the experience I was hoping for. I'll leave soon though :D

p.s. melsc, it will be a much more positive experience for you I'm sure :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
at least MJ you don't have to file and file and file like me...

that is all my job ever involves :burn:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Don't worry I don't expect much, I found that out when I did work experience at Legal aid 5 days of filling and one 1/2 hr court visit the whole time i was there...and it was a really boring contested divorce.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
melsc said:
how can you be a second year law student and work fulltime, as far as I know there is no part time law program? (omg imagine that 10 years)
most uni's offer part-time grad law.

it's just not common, that's all. >.<

santaslayer

HSC
Yea, there are part time law programs. They don't recommend it. People who do the straight law degree will take about 6 years or so.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I had a class last semester with a girl who was doing it part time, it seemed to suit her.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well these people were under the impression I would be studying part time :(
I fell in love with the place it was so nice and new...The interview was going well until he realised I'd be study 3 days a week rather than one. Still it was a good experience and I got to sit in the board room with those cool officey chairs...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Frigid, I'd rather spend my day filing because at least then you can feign being busy!

I'm wanting to leave my job after being there two months - isnt that disgusting? I just cannot stand it!! So I've applied for a job as a medical receptionist near home...

... Its admin work, right? Better than retail...

I need moral support :(

Oh, also, just wanting to confirm. You know how we need two years experience before we can become a solicitor? That two years is effectively the clerkship, right? Because this girl who I work with who is in her last year is planning on staying at work, but bullshitting her resume by an extra year, so she's got the two years experience before graduation... Thats not how it works, correct?

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
melsc said:
Well these people were under the impression I would be studying part time :(
I fell in love with the place it was so nice and new...The interview was going well until he realised I'd be study 3 days a week rather than one. Still it was a good experience and I got to sit in the board room with those cool officey chairs...
Are you sure the interview wasn't for a cadetship? 'Cause it sounds a lot like it. It's fairly common for B.Commer's to start a cadetship after 2 years full-time and go part-time for the last two. That way they've got a job when they finish, and great XP...just like killing a Carrion Crawler at Lv1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)